I know that the BB10 keyboards are powered by SwiftKey, but does anyone know who is responsible for the look of it and the flicking gestures?

The reason I ask is because I never hear anything about the person/team responsible for arguably the best virtual keyboard ever designed (by far in my opinion). This person/team needs to get the proper credit for this. It may be the the single most important feature of BB10 and one of the two features (Hub) that could potentially save this company!

Posted via my Z10
    wxmancanada likes this.
    10-18-13 06:12 AM
    I don't think I've seen any one person or team within BB get the credit for the keyboard. They really should.
    10-19-13 08:54 AM
    Agreed - the keyboard is fantastic. Sure, the underpinnings may have been repurposed; the look and "feel", that does deserve credit.

I don't know about the team - I've only ever heard "BlackBerry " tailored the experience...

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    10-19-13 10:01 AM
    Agreed - the keyboard is fantastic. Sure, the underpinnings may have been repurposed; the look and "feel", that does deserve credit.

I don't know about the team - I've only ever heard "BlackBerry " tailored the experience...

Maybe it's better that way, but I still feel that the team responsible for that deserves credit. They did such an amazing job!

Posted via my Z10
    10-19-13 10:21 AM
    Maybe it's better that way, but I still feel that the team responsible for that deserves credit. They did such an amazing job!

Posted via my Z10
    True, I haope they haven't left yet and yes, they should be credited :-)

10-19-13 10:36 AM
    you just said it. swiftkey.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 12:27 PM
    you just said it. swiftkey.

Posted via CB10
    SwiftKey does word prediction, but what makes BB10's keyboard so great is the design, swiping, and placement of the words. That is BlackBerry, and no one else!

Posted via my Z10
    10-19-13 02:29 PM
    I know that the BB10 keyboards are powered by SwiftKey, but does anyone know who is responsible for the look of it and the flicking gestures?

The reason I ask is because I never hear anything about the person/team responsible for arguably the best virtual keyboard ever designed (by far in my opinion). This person/team needs to get the proper credit for this. It may be the the single most important feature of BB10 and one of the two features (Hub) that could potentially save this company!

Posted via my Z10
    SwiftKey does word prediction, but what makes BB10's keyboard so great is the design, swiping, and placement of the words. That is BlackBerry, and no one else!

Posted via my Z10
    If you've used swiftkey on Android, it's pretty much identical, just has a different method of inputting predicted works. (you have to tap them, instead of swipe them up)

Before we get ahead of ourselves, it is essentially just a themed keyboard with a different implementation for predictions. It's a great keyboard, but if you're looking for a single individual who is in charge of the layout of the keyboard...may as well give out high fives for all the other amazing bits of the phone. Why just the keyboard?
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    10-20-13 11:53 AM