I just saw a commerical for auditions for the Dragon Den on CBC, for u non Canadian it's a business idea pitch show, at the end it said sponsored by Blackberry 10. Looks like the advertising has started for BB10!
    sinfocomar likes this.
    01-28-13 04:31 PM
    Nice! Always good to see.
    01-28-13 04:47 PM
    Kevin Oleary, principal of the show, used to love his BB bold. Not sure if he still does but he used to be a big BB supporter
    01-28-13 04:49 PM
    Totally unrelated, Windows eight sucks!!! Trying to update my parents new Win 8 computer. I am stuck on 16% update for 25 minutes now. Piece of HP crap!!!!
    ctuffy likes this.
    01-28-13 04:52 PM
    Finally! I hope BB10 is all over the super bowl. More than one 30 second spot.
    01-28-13 04:54 PM
    Kevin Oleary, principal of the show, used to love his BB bold. Not sure if he still does but he used to be a big BB supporter
    That guy changes phones like I change underwear. A few months ago, on another show (Lang and Oleary Exchange) he was gushing over how awesome his Samsung G3 was. Now recently, when discussing BB10, he divulged that he is using an iPhone5 and if the BB10 is the real deal (and we know it is ) He would switch because he "goes to whoever has the best current tech"
    01-28-13 04:55 PM
    iT HAS BEGUN
    JR A likes this.
    01-28-13 05:45 PM
    Unfortunately I met Kevin o Leary at an investors conference and asked him what he thinks of a blackberry come back. He told me he has no faith and thinks there dead on arrival he also does not sport a blackberry anymore. Then he went on to sell spots in his investment portfolio witch will not be on option for me do to we clearly do not see eye to eye on what a good investment is.
    01-28-13 05:47 PM
    Kevin O'leary was just talking about bb10 on CBC on the lang and O'leary show!! I think he loves it!!! He also said something about its a game-changer! ahhhhh cant wait!!2 more days everyone!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-28-13 05:53 PM
    Unfortunately I met Kevin o Leary at an investors conference and asked him what he thinks of a blackberry come back. He told me he has no faith and thinks there dead on arrival he also does not sport a blackberry anymore. Then he went on to sell spots in his investment portfolio witch will not be on option for me do to we clearly do not see eye to eye on what a good investment is.
    I guess I'd have to ask you how long ago you met him, because there are many in the investment community who have revised their opinion on RIM in just the past several weeks.
    cjcampbell likes this.
    01-28-13 05:57 PM
    Kevin O'leary was just talking about bb10 on CBC on the lang and O'leary show!! I think he loves it!!! He also said something about its a game-changer! ahhhhh cant wait!!2 more days everyone!!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I saw that show. He was cautiously optimistic. He says if they can regain 5% marketshare, up from the current 3.x% They will stay relevant. Also made a big deal about the all touch screen keyboard. Apparently its a game changer.

I agree he was more enthusiastic then he has been in the past, but it'd be a stretch to say "he loves it".
    01-28-13 06:09 PM
    I guess I'd have to ask you how long ago you met him, because there are many in the investment community who have revised their opinion on RIM in just the past several weeks.
    He expressed that opinion in September at the conference so you may be correct I agree opinions change very quickly so hopefully Kevin will go team blackberry
    01-28-13 06:24 PM
    He expressed that opinion in September at the conference so you may be correct I agree opinions change very quickly so hopefully Kevin will go team blackberry
    Seeing how radically total RIM bears like Peter Misek have changed their assessments just since November-December, I'd say there's a very good chance Mr. O'Leary has changed his assessment, too. I'll have to keep an eye on Lang/O'Leary Exchange on Wednesday and see what pans out.
    01-28-13 06:56 PM
    I've long thought O'Leary was a twit, and him suddenly switching back to BB (or whatever) won't change my mind. Same with Misek: if he's been behind for so long, how can he suddenly be a smart analyst just because he finally manages to jump past the stock price for a change, and sets a target higher than it is. Sure, we like it... but I'd still not put any credibility on what he says.
    diegonei likes this.
    01-28-13 07:07 PM
    Investment types all tend to be about today. Look at all the talking heads discussing Apple recently. Still a good company, not reflecting its true value, stock will come back.....etc, etc, This is exactly like how it started before RIM hit the skids. Ifthey can't make money off of it today, forget it. If half these analysts actually truly followed these companies, they would pick up trends way quicker but like the media most don't actually do much research but instead parrot the latest stuff passed around as true info from the internet and suspect sources of info. The media tends to gang up on any story they think will sell ad space. Very little in depth reporting or intelligence, they all just buy into their own hype. Guys like Oleary and Misek are just marketers that some would say can speak. They should really be viewed as celebrities more than anything.
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-28-13 08:06 PM
    Misek at least seems to be involved in attempts at serious analysis though. I just think he must be pretty bad at it... or maybe he's simply unable to keep his personal biases out of it enough. That's the same as most of us, of course (be honest!), but at least we don't try to pass ourselves off as analysts and charge big bucks for it...
    01-28-13 08:11 PM
    Hey guys on that same Lang and O'leary Exchange show tonight Amanda Lang said that RIM had signed deals with Disney and Sony? Any one else see it?. If true it would be HUGE!. I immediately went to CB but was unable to find anything on this??
    01-28-13 08:22 PM
    Hey guys on that same Lang and O'leary Exchange show tonight Amanda Lang said that RIM had signed deals with Disney and Sony? Any one else see it?. If true it would be HUGE!. I immediately went to CB but was unable to find anything on this??
    Yes. They did. See front page article.
    01-28-13 08:56 PM
    Totally unrelated, Windows eight sucks!!! Trying to update my parents new Win 8 computer. I am stuck on 16% update for 25 minutes now. Piece of HP crap!!!!
    UI sucks big time, hate metro UI.
    01-28-13 09:18 PM
    That guy changes phones like I change underwear. "
    So once a year?
    01-28-13 09:21 PM
    UI sucks big time, hate metro UI.
    Anyone who complains about windows 8 just doesn't know how to use it.. it's a huge improvement over previous versions of windows, it's faster, it runs great and it finally brought some long awaited features like being able to pause file transfers. If you don't like metro disable it.. the OS is still awesome. For PC's that is.. not phones.. BB10 FTW!
    01-28-13 09:42 PM
    "Yes. They did. See front page article"

Which front page?
    Last edited by ricocan; 01-28-13 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Add context quote
    01-28-13 10:01 PM
    I just saw a commerical for auditions for the Dragon Den on CBC, for u non Canadian it's a business idea pitch show, at the end it said sponsored by Blackberry 10. Looks like the advertising has started for BB10!
    The American version is called Shark Tank and airs in Canada (CTV) and the United States (ABC).
    01-28-13 10:11 PM
    Video: The Big 3 - Business - CBC Player
    01-28-13 10:19 PM
    _____

More like HP crap
    01-29-13 12:08 AM
27 12