Basically BB10 has Cascades written all over it, Ronen from berryreview made some interesting observations in the upcoming presentations some of which I am excited about are :

1) Cascades UI framework
    2) Cascades flavored BBM
    3) BBM Connected Apps
    4) Cascades flavored Browser
    5) VOIP
    6) USB host and Bluetooth interfaces
    7) Qt and WebOS enyo porting

BlackBerry 10 Jam Sessions Reveal Upcoming Features & Dev Tools! - BerryReview

BBM on BlackBerry 10 Built Using Cascades & BBM Social Platform Coming Too! - BerryReview

BlackBerry 10 USB Host & Bluetooth Accessories Coming! (USB & Bluetooth APIs) - BerryReview

May 1st can't come soon enough
    04-19-12 05:00 PM
    With all the action and alpha devices being launched for BlackBerry 10 Jam, I wonder what they're going to do at BlackBerry World....
    04-19-12 05:09 PM
    Somewhat related, but I was checking out the developers' blog and found this comment by RIM's Alex Kinsella about BB10 prototypes (http://devblog.blackberry.com/2012/0...012BB10JAM04):

"Thanks @kylemcinnes for reminding everyone it's a prototype for developers only. The finished product will blow everyone's minds."

I am so excited!
    04-19-12 05:42 PM
    I too wonder what's going to be shown at BB world. Its a consumer show as everyone always say but to me its seems like its going to be another developer show... Might ad well call it devcon again instead. As a consumer I expect nothing. So I'm not excited about BB world. But let's hoep those tools will be good to work with developers.
    04-19-12 06:32 PM
    I too wonder what's going to be shown at BB world. Its a consumer show as everyone always say but to me its seems like its going to be another developer show... Might ad well call it devcon again instead. As a consumer I expect nothing. So I'm not excited about BB world. But let's hoep those tools will be good to work with developers.
    BB world is like a Christmas eve for a true Blackberry fan where you get hear and see a lot of things and more importantly BB world is not just a developers conference but it holds the same weight for consumers and enterprises as well, you will get to hear of announcements made at such conference including device announcements, unwrap the covers off the new OS and tools etc. This time around we will see a lot of new things from RIM.
    04-19-12 06:41 PM
    BB world is like a Christmas eve for a true Blackberry fan where you get hear and see a lot of things and more importantly BB world is not just a developers conference but it holds the same weight for consumers and enterprises as well, you will get to hear of announcements made at such conference including device announcements, unwrap the covers off the new OS and tools etc. This time around we will see a lot of new things from RIM.
    Isn't BlackBerry 10 Jam just for developers and BlackBerry World for consumers? It seems to me that they're having both events at the same time but at different venues.
    04-19-12 07:15 PM
    Isn't BlackBerry 10 Jam just for developers and BlackBerry World for consumers? It seems to me that they're having both events at the same time but at different venues.
    Yes, BB World is for consumers.
    BB10 Jam is for developers.
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    04-19-12 07:23 PM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Somewhat related, but I was checking out the developers' blog and found this comment by RIM's Alex Kinsella about BB10 prototypes (Join us at BlackBerry 10 Jam for hands-on time with BlackBerry 10 tools and

"Thanks @kylemcinnes for reminding everyone it's a prototype for developers only. The finished product will blow everyone's minds."

I am so excited!
    +10000 It will be a Game Changer! ...
    04-19-12 07:38 PM
    yes BlackBerry 10 Jam is for developers but is a part of BlackBerry World conference, BlackBerry 10 Jam is not a event in itself but was categorically named to focus on dev relations with in the BBWorld conference.
    04-19-12 07:46 PM

= Quantum leap, leap frogging, Playbook OS 2 a killer update etc etc
    04-19-12 07:55 PM

= Quantum leap, leap frogging, Playbook OS 2 a killer update etc etc
    Alex Kinsella is simply an employee at RIM and he was responding to an Internet post. He is not a CEO trying to publically brag about something that didn't happen (though Mr. Balsillie could still be right, he would have been very early).

I, for one, believe Mr. Kinsella because he didn't have to say anything about BB10 but did so anyway.
    SK122387 likes this.
    04-19-12 08:04 PM
    Playbook OS 2 a killer update : Tweet by Alec Saunders

Leapfrogged the competetion : Ballsille ahead of Devcon 2011
    Carriers Jaws dropped : Ballsille on OS 7 devices
    Quantum Leap over competition : Ballsille on Torch 9800
    04-19-12 08:13 PM
    Playbook OS 2 a killer update : Tweet by Alec Saunders

Leapfrogged the competetion : Ballsille ahead of Devcon 2011
    Carriers Jaws dropped : Ballsille on OS 7 devices
    Quantum Leap over competition : Ballsille on Torch 9800
    In what way was OS 2.0 not a "killer update"? It addressed MANY of the issues users had with the first iteration of Tablet OS, added great new features and functionality, gave us a multitude of new apps as well as opening up the platform to many new developers. The PlayBook is selling better than ever before. In my opinion, OS2.0 did its job.

As for the others, we know how Balsillie can be. Having said that, this isn't Balsillie, and for all we know, he could still be very right about BB10.
    sf49ers, SK122387, BB10FTW and 1 others like this.
    04-19-12 08:55 PM
    In what way was OS 2.0 not a "killer update"? It addressed MANY of the issues users had with the first iteration of Tablet OS, added great new features and functionality, gave us a multitude of new apps as well as opening up the platform to many new developers. The PlayBook is selling better than ever before. In my opinion, OS2.0 did its job.
    I was about to say that. OS2 being a killer update is arguable.

But Balsille's comments. Are just overdoing it.
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    04-19-12 11:28 PM
    +1 for OS2
    " ... are just overselling it ..." would sound to me more accurate for Basille's comments.
    mithrazor and FlashFlare11 like this.
    04-20-12 02:00 AM

A fantastic update, maybe. But a killer update, in the tablet market, which is dominated by the iPad, and everything is compared against it, implies that it kills (ie competes favorably) with the iPad. The market hadn't borne that out.

RIM needs to have total public silence from its employees until BB10 is released. Making public statements should lead to docking of your entire bonus. Saunders might be the only exception, since he has to reassure devs so has to be communicative.

It is necessary for them to lower expectations and exceed them than to leave people disappointed again.
    purijagmohan likes this.
    04-20-12 03:00 AM
    A fantastic update, maybe. But a killer update, in the tablet market, which is dominated by the iPad, and everything is compared against it, implies that it kills (ie competes favorably) with the iPad. The market hadn't borne that out.

RIM needs to have total public silence from its employees until BB10 is released. Making public statements should lead to docking of your entire bonus. Saunders might be the only exception, since he has to reassure devs so has to be communicative.

It is necessary for them to lower expectations and exceed them than to leave people disappointed again.
    But your comparing Apples to oranges. You can't compare an update to the playbook to the ipad. You want to compare the playbook as it stands right now to ipad fine. And yes it is lacking on most fronts but I think exceeds the ipad in a couple.

But comparing OS 1.8 to 2.0 it clearly was a great update and the is clearly what Alec Saunders was comparing when he made that tweet.
    mithrazor and sf49ers like this.
    04-20-12 07:51 AM

A fantastic update but not killer? You follow this with your own unique definition of what killer would have to mean in this context. I think you're splitting hairs.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by D_March; 04-20-12 at 08:11 AM.
    sf49ers likes this.
    04-20-12 08:01 AM
    With all the action and alpha devices being launched for BlackBerry 10 Jam, I wonder what they're going to do at BlackBerry World....
    Leap frog the competition, of course. Someone had to say it so it may as well be a BlackBerry supporter.
    04-20-12 08:34 PM
    Quantum leap over competition? I don't really care who says what, I just want OS10 to be everything it should be.
    04-21-12 03:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD