there's about 9 days left for the blackberry 10 jam do you think that rim will show its latest devices ? or only its new UI for blackberry 10
    04-22-12 07:59 AM
    i think that RIM will show as much of BB10 that we need to see...cryptic enough LOL
    at most they will announce what builds they are going to do eventually, BOLD,TORCH,SLIDER ect. I don't think we will get a date out of them as that is one of the things that was wrong with them before, them giving a date and not meeting it. we might get some slides of the new UI but i don't think we will see the full thing.

RIM needs to take this opportunity to play with the crowd, to tease us so that we stick it out for another 5-7 months without a new device.

and BBJam, which is going on inside BBWorld is more for DEVs and BBWorld is for consumers.
    04-22-12 08:26 AM
    All we can do is wait for teases.
    04-23-12 03:09 AM
    I agree with Jagwire, if they show a prototype device and it doesn't give us hope then we're not going to stick it out.
    A peak into a world of a new OS though, would do wonders with our imagination. Soon enough there will be leaks from factories in Asia saying that they are producing so-n-so chips for RIM and so-n-so touch screens.
    What I hope does happen is that Heins makes a date and delivers. He has made a good track record so far. The PBos2 came out in february as promised.
    I'm gonna have my fingers crossed for the next 6 months for this Hail Mary to be caught. It's the last play in the 4th quarter and RIM has a chance to win this game and go to the playoffs. If not then there won't be a next season for them. It's going to be hard to be productive for the next 6 months with these crossed fingers

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    04-23-12 08:05 AM
    RIM said that the prototype OS will be a modified playbook OS and not bb10
    04-23-12 09:36 AM
    I would love to see RIM surprise us. Everyone was expecting to see a BB10 phone at DevCon, but it didn't happen. If they were to announce a new device, it should be at their own consumer show (which is what BBWorld is, not DevCon). I really want to see Mr. Heins pull a Steve Jobs and pull out a BB10 phone at the very end of the keynote and announce a release date.

Of course, it's unlikely, but we can all dream, right?

I think the prototype devices and Cascades framework will dominate the show. Cascades should bring on a lot of developers, hopefully. I'm really looking for them to "wow" us and surprise us!
    04-23-12 11:45 AM
    If you follow some of the RIM employees on twitter, they have stated a alpha/beta version of BB10 will be loaded on the devices. BB10 is a progression of the QNX OS on the playbook currently so your statement is true that it is a modified Playbook OS but what will be loaded on the devices is indeed BB10.
    04-23-12 12:01 PM
    modified how I wonder....
    04-23-12 01:33 PM
    I predict no new devices to be shown, they're still quite a way off. However, the new OS will be revealed at a technical level, and with broad feature showcases to get developers interested. This is really about building momentum for the next generation of operating system, not for launching new devices. I predict that will come in the fall, in time for the shopping season. Time will tell.
    04-23-12 09:10 PM
    I think I remember seeing somewhere that they are expecting the chips they want to use to be readily available from the supplier around may. Meaning that new devices may start getting into test labs for carriers soon. I think I remember last year the bold 9900 spending a lot of time in the AT&T labs starting in april before getting to field testing in august.

I'd love to see some info on their release expectations, but I highly doubt it. I would assume very cryptic insights to blackberry 10, and it would be fantastic if they announced partnerships that hold significance to the user experience. Whether it's BBWorld or BBJam, I anticipate most of the focus to be on what "apps could do," rather than many UI elements or any specifics.
    04-23-12 09:25 PM
    I think 'alpha devices' could be free playbooks. It makes a lot of sense. Its something they already made and likely have stock of, BB10 is going to run on the PB and theres no point in releasing hardware to developers before they actually launch devices.
    04-23-12 09:56 PM
    you know whats funny... everytime I hear BlackBerry Jam I immediately think of this:

And then I remember that its a developer jam session. lol
    04-23-12 10:11 PM
    A man can dream...
    04-24-12 12:01 AM
    While i'm not a developer and won't be going to BB Jame, I'm really looking forward to seeing what BB10 looks like!
    04-24-12 12:16 AM
    I'll be there to pick up the BB10 alpha phone. Will likely sit on a couple cascades sessions and take off if I don't see anything.

This will be RIMs chance to show off. If they botch it....
    04-24-12 07:29 AM
    I think 'alpha devices' could be free playbooks. It makes a lot of sense. Its something they already made and likely have stock of, BB10 is going to run on the PB and theres no point in releasing hardware to developers before they actually launch devices.
    Already have a playbook, don't need another.

The form factor is important... and whatever other things they will break in phone OS.
    04-24-12 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD