I just saw this
    The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5?

BB10 mobile upcoming device with the highest 447 of all time. Even desktop browsers.
    06-01-12 05:43 PM
    oooooooo snaaap bb10 bb10 now maan

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    06-01-12 05:51 PM
    Interestingly I went to this link on Simplebrowser with os2.1 and got 412+10 bonus points... Using firefox emulation. Wow.
    06-01-12 05:54 PM
    VERY IMPRESSIVE! I imagined the Tizen one is the iOS 6 browser.. it has to be..
    06-01-12 06:21 PM
    VERY IMPRESSIVE! I imagined the Tizen one is the iOS 6 browser.. it has to be..
    No, Tizen is a brand new OS that is based on linux and a successor of Meego. All apps are supposed to be running on HTML5 and so it's HTML5 is supposed to be high. BB10 being that high is crazy though.
    06-01-12 06:34 PM
    Tizen is Samsung's pet project.

There are a lot of ways to game the benchmark. The guy who is behind html5test.com is trying to figure out how to deal with Maxthon.

Twitter
    06-01-12 06:37 PM
    It seems this scoring method is not so objective.

The scoring seems arbitrary, who decides how many points are awarded?

We decided to award points for each feature depending on how important that feature is for web developers and how difficult it is to implement that feature. A small and simple feature would be worth less points than a large and complicated feature. We think this is the most honest way to grade browsers, because otherwise a browser that only supports the small and simple features would score as high or higher than a browser that went the extra mile and decided to tackle the big features. But in the end it is based on personal preference, but I doubt there is a truly objective alternative.
    06-01-12 06:37 PM
    Not just highest mobile score, highest overall including desktops.
    06-01-12 07:16 PM
    That is very impressive
    06-01-12 07:49 PM
    Wow highly impressed....let's take it higher
    Last edited by HUNTZODIAC; 06-01-12 at 07:56 PM.
    06-01-12 07:53 PM
    Very impressed...let's take it higher ; )
    06-01-12 07:55 PM
    It seems this scoring method is not so objective.
    The amount of points awarded may not be objective, but considering all browsers are equally subject to these arbitrary amounts, it kinda levels out. Sorta.

If you look at what BB10 browser has implemented, it's pretty much everything. The score is out of 500, and so this is 53 points shy. However, one of the unimplemented features is drag and drop (worth 19 points I think)...which I guess wouldn't work on a touch screen device? I'm just guessing that from the name, not a developer. So very close to perfection (I know html5 is still a developing standard)

Oh final, thing, access to webcam has been implemented in this, worth 20 points so helps big jump, hopefully useful feature?

EDIT: I'd also got to the point of thinking RIM had told its employees to stop using html5 test with BB10 devices, so they could surprise us with a big number on debut, apparently not
    Last edited by gtpointer; 06-01-12 at 08:20 PM.
    06-01-12 08:12 PM
    RIM regarding BB10: We have the BEST browser. Best keyboard. Best camera. Best email. Best UI.

Their new CMO better make use of this for their BB10 ad campaign.

Great things are coming. QNX is a breeze to code for when compared to the old BBOS. Great things are going to snowball.
    Gerii likes this.
    06-01-12 08:23 PM
    Just wow.
    06-01-12 08:44 PM
    Playbook native browser using 2.1 Beta is at 393. I think it is safe to say that BB10 devices should have the best browser hands down and RIM should tout that in marketing as they have a reputation for the worst on the existing phones. Now close the app gaps on the major apps (you know what they are, no reason to repost), get the phones out, and market hard! Your future depends on all three things!
    06-02-12 11:54 AM
    BB10 keeps sounding better and better!
    Im hoping the browser will be able to have add-ons among other things.
    06-03-12 10:18 AM
    RIM regarding BB10: We have the BEST browser. Best keyboard. Best camera. Best email. Best UI.
    It's all meaningless if you can't purchase it for another 6 months.
    By then, who knows what the competition will have.

Can't they throw more resources on BB10 and get the devices out any sooner? The wait is a killer - especially to RIM themselves.
    06-03-12 10:44 AM

Can't they throw more resources on BB10 and get the devices out any sooner? The wait is a killer - especially to RIM themselves.
    Sometimes feel that people don't realise we're in june already. If rumours about late September/early October prove to be true (seems about the right timescale) then that's 4 months...
    Also, you clearly didn't read my post about how little room there is to manoeuvre for the competition considering how high BB10's html5 compliance is, and the fact it's not like RIM is going to not add anything more to the compliance in the FOUR months until launch.
    06-03-12 10:49 AM
    On the playbook the HTML5 compatibility seems to be good but the performance is very poor, I wish they would address this.
    06-03-12 11:10 AM
    Sometimes feel that people don't realise we're in june already. If rumours about late September/early October prove to be true (seems about the right timescale) then that's 4 months...
    I'm thinking best case scenario is late November - which makes it just shy of 6 months from now.

Also, you clearly didn't read my post about how little room there is to manoeuvre for the competition considering how high BB10's html5 compliance is, and the fact it's not like RIM is going to not add anything more to the compliance in the FOUR months until launch.
    I wasn't just referring to HTML5... was referring to the other things that are "best" about BB10. Plenty of time for the competition to pull a fast one on RIM.
    06-03-12 12:25 PM
    I'm thinking best case scenario is late November - which makes it just shy of 6 months from now.
    Convenient. You're rather in the minority there.

I wasn't just referring to HTML5... was referring to the other things that are "best" about BB10. Plenty of time for the competition to pull a fast one on RIM.
    RIM has made plenty of mistakes in the past, but do you really think it showed off BB10's best features at BB World? Also, it's not plenty of time, implementing features well takes time, the competition got their own features to implement and their resources are finite, meaning it's not as easy to steal an idea as you think. Andddd then there's the small matter of RIM's licensing agreements and intellectual property rights for the features shown off.
    06-03-12 01:47 PM

The competition isn't going to implement anything in a matter of weeks, which is essentially all the time they'd have.

We have to get away from the paranoia. If BB10 is great, having the odd feature poached won't make a big difference (if anything, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery).

RIM's most important challenge with BB10 is to market it as a fresh new way to use a device. This goes to basic UI design, not isolated features.
    06-03-12 03:05 PM
    Good. We need more pros rather than cons with bb10.
    06-03-12 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD