BlackBerry 10: Forget about the phone - it's the OS that really counts | ZDNet

Summary: With the Z10, BlackBerry finally has a modern smartphone but it's the operating system that matters.
    lwaysluking and Acumenight like this.
    02-01-13 10:34 AM
    Well, to be frank, they are not wrong. Most people are not techno like most of us here and have no clue what a "spec" is.

So for them, it is the way the phone operates. If it runs smoothly and is intuitive, that would make them say "I Love my phone." If it gives them a hard time, then they say the opposite. To everyone that they know. Even those on these boards. In addition, most people just need to learn their phone, once you do that, they can be zipping alond with no problem.
    02-01-13 10:42 AM
    Well, to be frank, they are not wrong. Most people are not techno like most of us here and have no clue what a "spec" is.

So for them, it is the way the phone operates. If it runs smoothly and is intuitive, that would make them say "I Love my phone." If it gives them a hard time, then they say the opposite. To everyone that they know. Even those on these boards. In addition, most people just need to learn their phone, once you do that, they can be zipping alond with no problem.
    In the short term the phone matters, but in the long run its the OS. The original iPhone is long gone but iOS is still here.
    02-01-13 10:44 AM
    In the short term the phone matters, but in the long run its the OS. The original iPhone is long gone but iOS is still here.
    You're absolutely right about that. But iOS from 2007 has had a ton of work done under the hood. Specifically, they have made it more capable. Making the User Experience better. Which makes it very usable to the layman. But I a think BB10 can appeal to a large number of users. We'll have to wait and see.
    02-01-13 10:49 AM
    So maybe RIM/BBKY should just sell the OS???

I agree that the "spec" don't matter as much today for some of the hardware, as long as it doesn't noticeable affect performance. But items like the screen and camera that are getting poor reviews could lead to the OS not getting a shot to count.
    02-01-13 10:53 AM
    I was about to post this article link myself. It's one of the more intelligently written and insightful articles on QNX that I've read lately. Great reference for illustrating the understated power / potential reach of QNX-BB10!
    02-01-13 10:57 AM
    real good article
    02-01-13 12:26 PM