I think they just got tired of people asking for BB10 on the Playbook so they finally just did an EOL was the remaining inventory was sold.

What would BlackBerry get out of announcing the EOL of BB10? They have already announced they are getting out of the hardware business.
    They should stop a bleeding in his economy, and They won't be obligated to support an OS whose team was kicked out long time ago

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 05:10 AM
    They should stop a bleeding in his economy, and They won't be obligated to support an OS whose team was kicked out long time ago

Posted via CB10
    From what I can see they are not supporting it now, so what difference would an announcement make. They don't appear to have done anything with the OS in over 18 months.
    11-06-16 07:01 AM
    From what I can see they are not supporting it now, so what difference would an announcement make. They don't appear to have done anything with the OS in over 18 months.
    Maintain the BlackBerry World store is not cheap thought the userbase than actually uses it is a minoritie but still

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 07:11 AM
    i don't think consumers see the big picture here. If my corporation it's near bankrupt i will do whatever the consumers want to try to save it (not the case with Blackberry).My Z10 had good signal at 30k feet altitude from NY to LA and i was able to text and call .The way i see it US and Canadian gov will pay Blackberry whatever it takes just to secure their communication and not consumers like they did with Detroit auto makers.
    11-06-16 09:35 AM
    ...My point still is there, what do you think about BB10 not getting more updates after 10.3.4 and Nougat release?
    First, given that 10.4 if, it is every released, will come sometime in 2017, about two years after any significant development on BB10, and considering such a small number of people are still using it, and that BlackBerry now has three decent Android phones in its product lineup, I can't imagine why this would be a issue worth discussing or what it has to do with Nougat.
    11-06-16 09:43 AM
    i don't think consumers see the big picture here. If my corporation it's near bankrupt i will do whatever the consumers want to try to save it (not the case with Blackberry).My Z10 had good signal at 30k feet altitude from NY to LA and i was able to text and call .The way i see it US and Canadian gov will pay Blackberry whatever it takes just to secure their communication and not consumers like they did with Detroit auto makers.
    Yeah I'm sorry but at 30K fee that's just not possible. It's a good dream though.
    11-06-16 09:49 AM
    Lol 30K feet. Right. A cell tower won't emit a signal that high up, so no.
    11-06-16 09:51 AM
    Lol 30K feet. Right. A cell tower won't emit a signal that high up, so no.
    that's my point 3g signal
    11-06-16 09:56 AM
    that's my point
    Lol so with no cell tower signal your Z10 magically made phone calls and texts? Amazing!!
    11-06-16 09:57 AM
    verizon tower it's nowhere near and i had a witness next to me plus my wife that freaked out when she heard me
    11-06-16 10:00 AM
    verizon tower it's nowhere near and i had a witness next to me plus my wife that freaked out when she heard me
    I believe you, even though it's not possible at 30K feet.
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-06-16 10:24 AM
    I believe you, even though it's not possible at 30K feet.
    Depending on the range and strenght of the antenna, climatic conditions, and if the Z10 is on a rugged case (like mine does) it can be possible, Hard as hell but possible

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 11:11 AM
    Depending on the range and strenght of the antenna, climatic conditions, and if the Z10 is on a rugged case (like mine does) it can be possible, Hard as hell but possible

Posted via CB10
    That's interesting since a cell tower won't emit a signal above 10,000 feet. So how is this possible?
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    11-06-16 11:14 AM
    Depend on the circunstances, also in what country he does lives Will throw some light, remember, everithing in this World is totaly posible, and the country where he lives should tell us how advanced in the tech side it is, with a little of research we can determine if he is or isn't liying

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 11:21 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-chen-1080483/ , I think than the Subject of this thread has been discussed before so......

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 11:29 AM
    if i would have an explanation i wouldn't make such a big deal out of it ,the fact no cell phone has reception in the airplane but my old Z10 had for few minutes 2 hours before arriving on LAX makes me think that there is more going on with bb10 devices and they will be no longer available for consumer use but they will continue to develop for gov communication.
    11-06-16 11:29 AM
    They don't appear to have done anything with the OS in over 18 months.
    What are they suppose to do as it works great! Windows98 was happily used for years as it worked fine and BB10 will be the same. Those who like it, like it a lot.

BB, Still the One
    11-06-16 11:38 AM
    That's interesting since a cell tower won't emit a signal above 10,000 feet. So how is this possible?
    HAM radio operators call it SKIP.
    11-06-16 11:38 AM
    if i would have an explanation i wouldn't make such a big deal out of it ,the fact no cell phone has reception in the airplane but my old Z10 had for few minutes 2 hours before arriving on LAX makes me think that there is more going on with bb10 devices and they will be no longer available for consumer use but they will continue to develop for gov communication.
    BlackBerry 10 OS is a very good OS without doubt, but I hardly doubt the government Will take them, specially since them gone Android

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 11:40 AM
    That's interesting since a cell tower won't emit a signal above 10,000 feet. So how is this possible
    Radio signals don't stop at a certain distance, they just get weaker. I would expect that the antennas are designed to emit the strongest signal in a horizontal direction, but there's nothing unusual about getting a signal from a cell tower that's more than 10,000 feet (about 1.9 miles away).
    sorinv likes this.
    11-06-16 11:49 AM
    i don't think we have any idea what they really use for communication but Blackberry it's still in business ,making androids and developing 10.3.3 for phones that are not being made or sold by verizon ,strange right?
    11-06-16 11:52 AM
    With there track record I don't see them announcing anything whether it is or not

#luvmybb10os
    11-06-16 11:52 AM
    Was it a few minutes or from New York to LA like you originally stated?
    11-06-16 12:06 PM
    Radio signals don't stop at a certain distance, they just get weaker. I would expect that the antennas are designed to emit the strongest signal in a horizontal direction, but there's nothing unusual about getting a signal from a cell tower that's more than 10,000 feet (about 1.9 miles away).
    The maximum distance at which a phone can still make calls and send texts varies depending on the type of tower and transmitter, but an airplane would have to be no more than 10,000 feet in the air for any cell phones on board to still have a signal, according to Bill Rojas, director of telecom research at IDC Asia Pacific.
    11-06-16 12:07 PM
    Was it a few minutes or from New York to LA like you originally stated?
    from NY to LA ,only for few minutes ,about 2hrs before arriving to LAX
    11-06-16 12:10 PM
77 1234