I have the Passport Silver and I wouldn't trade it for an Iphone. I have used the Latest Iphone and Passport kills it in my opinion. Using the Iphone drives me nuts... typing, navigating, it is a second class design.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-16 06:48 AM
    Passport Silver is the standard for how a phone should feel in your fingers.... hefty and indestructible. Typing, bang on. If BlackBerry stops making phones, I'll buy a few more of the PP SE and stock them in my safe as backups.

Posted via CB10
    Karan Riar likes this.
    04-21-16 06:55 AM
    Bleating that "it isn't fair!", is the mantra of losers everywhere. There's no global anti-BB conspiracy, just the market.
    It is a distorted market, that's the point.

Having owned Symbian, Android, Jolla, Fire OS, iOS, and BB10, the latter is the best IMHO.
    04-21-16 07:31 AM

Having owned Symbian, Android, Jolla, Fire OS, iOS, and BB10, the latter is the best IMHO.
    Strangely, nobody round here seemed to be bothered that the market was distorted when BB dominated and that upstart Apple was challenging. Now, when the tables are turned and BB phones are nearly done, the market is suddenly "unfairly distorted". That's the point!

Winners win, and losers whine.
    04-21-16 10:58 AM

Kinda odd when BB/Rim was on top of the smartphone world and was beating Nokia & MS. That this was not a problem
    JeepBB and GadgetTravel like this.
    04-21-16 11:10 AM
    Passport Silver is the standard for how a phone should feel in your fingers.... hefty and indestructible. Typing, bang on. If BlackBerry stops making phones, I'll buy a few more of the PP SE and stock them in my safe as backups.

Posted via CB10
    if you can fit the passport in the body of a classic or just a tad bigger id say your on to something but the pp is a big phone its not for everyone
    04-21-16 02:48 PM
    Strangely, nobody round here seemed to be bothered that the market was distorted when BB dominated and that upstart Apple was challenging. Now, when the tables are turned and BB phones are nearly done, the market is suddenly "unfairly distorted". That's the point!

Winners win, and losers whine.
    I never used BlackBerry before BB10. I have no idea what was going on with it before.

And Symbian was not the massive monopoly that Google is.
    04-21-16 02:53 PM
    No men it's not DEAD...#LongLiveBb10

Posted via CB10
    04-27-16 02:46 AM
    No men it's not DEAD...#LongLiveBb10

Posted via CB10
    Seconded... :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    05-03-16 01:09 AM
    Agree- BlackBerry not dead.- all species experience die-off and rebirth -- all part of the survival process.
    I'm thrilled with my PP and will buy a couple others in time so that I can work wide globally for many years to come!
    It's all I hoped it would be and delivering great performance as a phone-phone for interviews and the recordings are awesome and clear.
    The call quality and browser speed are outstanding even though ATT tower is 5 miles away and iPh sprint is 1/4 mile away - there's no comparison.
    BlackBerry rocks!
    Don't get me started singing its praises!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-16 08:54 AM
    Someone asked "What is THAT?" today when she saw my Passport and loved it. She had never heard about it.

I asked if she uses many apps. Answer: zero.

We are talking about a serious professional.
    What made her a serious professional. Is anyone uninterested in apps a serious professional. I guess my 79 year old mother qualifies then.
    JeepBB and GadgetTravel like this.
    05-06-16 04:17 PM
    Well, that was a pretty crappy and biased article if I've ever read one. Not even worth countering any points. All the same criticisms repeated... I prefer not to take sides with a website called "fool.com"
    05-06-16 04:57 PM
    I have the Passport Silver and I wouldn't trade it for an Iphone. I have used the Latest Iphone and Passport kills it in my opinion. Using the Iphone drives me nuts... typing, navigating, it is a second class design.

Posted via CB10
    Tap, tap, tap, home, tap, tap, double-home, ...

I wish I could see more, ahem "open" apps on my iPad when using it. "Open" in inverted commas... ;-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    05-30-16 11:27 PM
    Give it a few days, Some Bozo will come up with a brilliant strategy to revive BB 10.Starting with some BS tap dance involving productivity or some other nonsense. This same Bozo will insist that apps are not that important for the BB10 productivity powerhouse and that real business users get this. LOL There will be more talk about the end of apps and that this again will play into BB10 hands and will give BB10 what it needs to make the inevitable comeback. I'll be right there on the sidelines holding a big sign that says "YEAH RIGHT"
    05-31-16 12:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    The Passport and more importantly Blackberry are not the standard for anything anymore. If the form factor was all that you say, Blackberry would have sold a lot of them. It's just another BB that sold less than the Blackdroid.
    05-31-16 12:24 AM
    This MF article didn't really have anything special nor did it contain something we haven't heard before. BB10 will live while OS support and software updates are being released. Banks and Gov't entities will continue to depend on BB10 security even if consumer retail sales are scrapped. As for consumers, Android will probably be the only OS option pretty soon.
    06-01-16 06:15 PM
    This MF article didn't really have anything special nor did it contain something we haven't heard before. BB10 will live while OS support and software updates are being released. Banks and Gov't entities will continue to depend on BB10 security even if consumer retail sales are scrapped. As for consumers, Android will probably be the only OS option pretty soon.
    Banks have mostly left already.
    06-01-16 08:11 PM
    Banks have mostly left already.
    Well many of them do use Good which is now owned by BB so I guess technically they are still loyal BB customers.
    06-02-16 06:00 AM
    Someone asked "What is THAT?" today when she saw my Passport and loved it. She had never heard about it.

I asked if she uses many apps. Answer: zero.

We are talking about a serious professional.
    This happens to me just about every day. Even at work with my phone on my desk we have guests come in or co-workers that don't often come into the engineering department. They always notice my phone and comment how they had no idea it existed. Usually it gets TONS on praise or jokes about its size.
    06-02-16 06:34 AM
    Since most of their consumers are stuck in the past, BlackBerry will honor their sensibilities and bring OMAP back from the dead.
    How many gigabytes of RAM and multiples of CPU cores is needed for an optimal call-making, email-writing experience? I worry that the Priv's outdated specs mean that sending text messages is far too slow compared to the cutting-edge competition. *snigger*
    06-02-16 07:11 AM
    When John chen was hired,his sole purpose was to keep blackberry afloat,,handset business wasn't doin gud then he moved to software side with certain acquisitions,bb10 failed# firstly u can't compare a single bb10 device spec-wise with iphone or samsung,htc etc given that Z30 n passport are the only two that look promising,#secondly they failed to get former pearl,storm,curve,bold users to classic n q10 bcoz they don't know about these or have moved to other platforms bcoz they want something better than these,,#third one u can't put a garbage selfie camera in ur $700 phone,the first thing people do today picking up a phone is take a selfie n look at the cameras,,#fourth there's a huge app gap on bb10,they could have worked on that but don't know why they decided to screw themself up and finally zero marketing,tryin to compete with giants without having a base or ground beneath the feet,zero vision,should target the markets where u still got some hold to capture some ground n then move to bigger markets with better strategic plans,moving to android is not gonna help,it'll increase android's market share not blackberry's.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-16 07:27 AM
    I agree with the title of the article. Can blackberry survive as an android based handset maker? I'm not sure. I was in the market for an android based device and i didn't think to check out the priv...I had no reason to choose it over the galaxy line,htc, lg, nexus etc. I would love to see a high end slab from blackberry, however i find myself questioning whether or not they have the talent to pull off such a device.
    06-02-16 03:18 PM
    BB10 has some great features, but knowing the capabilities of other smartphones from a hardware/software standpoint i'd be silly to pay what bb is asking for their devices.
    06-02-16 03:24 PM
    I agree with the title of the article. Can blackberry survive as an android based handset maker? I'm not sure. I was in the market for an android based device and i didn't think to check out the priv...I had no reason to choose it over the galaxy line,htc, lg, nexus etc. I would love to see a high end slab from blackberry, however i find myself questioning whether or not they have the talent to pull off such a device.
    Don't think a highend... anything is likely with BlackBerry.

I expect the two mid range devices they are planning will be the norm from this point on. Their market isn't going to be consumers, it's fleet enterprise.... if it's anything.
    06-02-16 03:36 PM
    Don't think a highend... anything is likely with BlackBerry.

I expect the two mid range devices they are planning will be the norm from this point on. Their market isn't going to be consumers, it's fleet enterprise.... if it's anything.
    I would love to see the enterprise numbers. I worked in the corporate environment for years, I can't tell you the last time i saw bb devices being deployed. I think BB is full of fluff whenever they state that enterprise mumbo jumbo...I know for a fact that the finance, construction, education sector are not kicking down their door for bb devices.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-02-16 03:58 PM
57 123