Couldn't have said it better myself.
    It's Official: BlackBerry 10 Is Dead -- The Motley Fool

Posted via CB10 on the Classic
    Dirtymike14 likes this.
    04-12-16 06:00 PM
    whats worse are all the clowns with suits working for bb who couldnt figure out from the get go that charging $700 for a phone was overkill
    04-12-16 06:22 PM
    They should have started with the Passport's release price. $600 was it?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 06:28 PM
    whats worse are all the clowns with suits working for bb who couldnt figure out from the get go that charging $700 for a phone was overkill
    Oh, I think someone did and- as usual, no one listened. History "continues" to repeat itself for BlackBerry. Reminds me of GroundHogs Day.......just not funny.
    JeepBB, DrBoomBotz and techvisor like this.
    04-12-16 11:31 PM
    Im loving my "$700 BlackBerry" but I can see its not the most attractive $700 phone out there.

BB10's death being official is a good thing. It's time to move on. Glad BlackBerry has some cheaper handsets coming!

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    04-13-16 01:06 PM
    I use the Z30 and am having a hard time bringing myself to admit it is over for BB. My sons have urged me to move to a Galaxy and I guess I shall. But I'm thinking I may buy a PRIV to keep as a back-up and as a primary (if I like it more than the Galaxy). I will really miss the BB Hub. I am not a game player nor do I listen to music so I have been able to stay with BB longer than most. But I do need SOME apps - I really need to be able to pay with a phone, get on an airplane, etc. Waiting for PRIV prices to crash a bit. *sigh*
    04-13-16 01:20 PM
    I use the Z30 and am having a hard time bringing myself to admit it is over for BB. My sons have urged me to move to a Galaxy and I guess I shall. But I'm thinking I may buy a PRIV to keep as a back-up and as a primary (if I like it more than the Galaxy). I will really miss the BB Hub. I am not a game player nor do I listen to music so I have been able to stay with BB longer than most. But I do need SOME apps - I really need to be able to pay with a phone, get on an airplane, etc. Waiting for PRIV prices to crash a bit. *sigh*
    From a guy that just gave up his Z30 reluctantly let me tell you that the Priv is like a Z30 on steroids. The Android HUB is really good and the phone is fast.

You will not be disappointed.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    04-13-16 01:58 PM
    BlackBerry has not learned from the past.
    I think many of those "suite clowns" still think BlackBerry is a leading player - they should learn, that BlackBerry has to build up some good reputation.

Same mistakes were made again that made them fall:
    - outdated hardware over and over again;
    - APIs were not really opened to developers (John Chen said so in the interview from India last week) and then blaming Instagram, SnapChat, Facebook and other big brands for being missed in the AppWorld (or moving away);
    - didn't really listen to what people want;
    - no proper advertising;
    - breaking time limits (OS10.3.3 & 10.3.4);
    - no serious roadmaps for the future, even as a BlackBerry die-hard you don't know what the future brings.

And then there is the ridiculously overpriced Priv.
    At least they should have done die-hards a favor to bring it additionally as an OS10 version.

Running a company like this - how should it get a grip?
    Even BlackBerry fan, I can't tell how to "convince" someone to a BlackBerry. I'm out of ideas.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-16 09:34 AM
    I'm still sitting here patiently waiting for the next BB10 phone with the amazing S4 Pro.

It'll save BlackBerry guys!
    04-18-16 09:54 AM
    The only thing I'll really miss is the hub, I've heard android hub isn't as good yet
    04-18-16 03:34 PM
    I'm still sitting here patiently waiting for the next BB10 phone with the amazing S4 Pro.

It'll save BlackBerry guys!
    No, the confirmed processor for the midrange phone will be a 624 Mhz single core, for battery saving purposes. The S4 Pro would be much too power hungry.

Posted via my Black Passport
    04-19-16 11:11 AM
    No, the confirmed processor for the midrange phone will be a 624 Mhz single core, for battery saving purposes. The S4 Pro would be much too power hungry.

Posted via my Black Passport
    Since most of their consumers are stuck in the past, BlackBerry will honor their sensibilities and bring OMAP back from the dead.
    04-19-16 11:45 AM
    Someone asked "What is THAT?" today when she saw my Passport and loved it. She had never heard about it.

I asked if she uses many apps. Answer: zero.

We are talking about a serious professional.
    Last edited by bandpass; 04-19-16 at 12:13 PM.
    04-19-16 11:59 AM
    Someone asked "What is THAT?" today when she saw my Passport and loved it. She had never heard about it.

Whew that proves it then! None of the > 1 billion Apple and Android users use apps!

Ask if she ordered a Passport. Answer: no.

All these "my phone impressed so many people" stories all end the same way- no sale.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    04-20-16 05:09 AM
    Whew that proves it then! None of the > 1 billion Apple and Android users use apps!

Ask if she ordered a Passport. Answer: no.

All these "my phone impressed so many people" stories all end the same way- no sale.

It proves that marketing is terrible, not everybody cares about apps or follows tech news, and that you're very negative.
    acovey likes this.
    04-20-16 05:36 AM

What kind of "professional" was she?

I have a hard time believing that any professional using a modern smartphone uses zero apps.

Engineers use various calculators, accountants use financial apps, medics use drug databases, and many of them also use the same social apps as everyone else.

Unless of course her existing phone was a BB9900 or similar.
    04-20-16 08:39 AM
    I'm reading this on my BlackBerry Q10 running Google Play Services and all the Android apps I need.

I understand the average smartphone user is not going to have the patience or courage to try to hack a BB10 phone to the degree I have to get it to do what they want, but thankfully such possibilities exist and give the die-hard enthusiasts reasons to keep using it.

The platform may be dying, but I'm going to ride this train to the end of the line.

I wouldn't have been able to type out this post nearly as quickly or accurately on any other keyboard.

Posted from my  Q10 via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    04-20-16 09:09 AM

Serious professionals aren't the ones holding up the mobile device market, average people that use apps on a daily basis are. I find it hard to believe that person uses zero apps. It's this thinking that's sunk blackberry to the level it's in today.
    04-20-16 09:19 AM
    The point is not that she will continue using zero apps once on BB10, but that this has a lot more than enough.

When I swiped to the end looking for Firefox (which I did not bother to relocate), she was impressed by how many apps I had installed (which I basically don't use).

It is true that there is a small number of "monopoly" apps, some of which will just work, but are only available on Google Play. Governments must solve this problem.
    04-20-16 12:01 PM
    The point is not that she will continue using zero apps once on BB10, but that this has a lot more than enough.

When I swiped to the end looking for Firefox (which I did not bother to relocate), she was impressed by how many apps I had installed (which I basically don't use).

It is true that there is a small number of "monopoly" apps, some of which will just work, but are only available on Google Play. Governments must solve this problem.
    There are many things governments should throw their weight behind. Propping up a noncompetitive consumer electronic (or enterprise) device is not one of them.
    04-20-16 02:51 PM
    It proves that marketing is terrible, not everybody cares about apps or follows tech news, and that you're very negative.
    I learned a long time ago there are two states of mind- optimism and realism. Take that as you may.

And it still doesn't change that she didn't buy a BlackBerry. She could have found one online easily.

04-20-16 05:30 PM
    And it still doesn't change that she didn't buy a BlackBerry. She could have found one online easily.
    So, she saw it yesterday and should have bought one by today??
    04-20-16 08:16 PM
    There are many things governments should throw their weight behind. Propping up a noncompetitive consumer electronic (or enterprise) device is not one of them.
    BB10 is not the only Android-compatible OS. There's also FireOS, Sailfish, and the optional layer used for example in Tizen.

And BB10 is competitive. It is just not given the chance.
    04-20-16 08:20 PM
    We all new that phone wasn't going to sell in huge numbers. We hoped for BlackBerry's sake but that's about it.
    First it was ridiculous expensive and a sliding keyboard doesn't cater to a lot of ppl. Ppl were interested in the phone cause it was different / unique but the price didn't justify it even with all the added security included.
    BlackBerry had a chance to start fresh but messed up badly over pricing there phone thinking their Apple and coming with an okay camera.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 09:02 PM
    BB10 is not the only Android-compatible OS. There's also FireOS, Sailfish, and the optional layer used for example in Tizen.
    This is mostly true. FireOS is regarded by Google as an Android fork and so, just as with BB10's runtime, Google declines to allow use of their property (the Google Play Store) on devices running those OS's.

Each of those other OS's has a tiny marketshare. They are basically enthusiast platforms, not consumer platforms, which is where BB10 is headed. Tizen is the exception, it has a bigger marketshare than BB10 IIRC, but is carefully positioned by Samsung so as not to annoy Google to the point they will take away GPS-rights from Samsung's Android range. Google seem to turn a blind-eye to unofficial use of the GPS by those other tiny user-share OS's. Which is why I suspect they haven't come after Cobalt's use of it on BB10. I doubt it's worth the cost of lawyers for the numbers involved, and would only gain Google the bad PR of appearing to be a "bully".

And BB10 is competitive. It is just not given the chance.
    This is completely untrue. BB10 is not competitive, and never has been. It has been given every chance to compete over the last few years and has completely failed to gain sufficient users to make it viable or make a penny in profit for BB. This isn't kindergarden, where everyone gets a prize just for competing, business is a serious competitive arena where there are winners, and losers. BB10 lost!

Bleating that "it isn't fair!", is the mantra of losers everywhere. There's no global anti-BB conspiracy, just the market.
    04-21-16 01:39 AM
57 123