I've had some people complain that my broadcast messages when texting are goofed up or just not working like the others with their iphones and note 4, misc androids..

Anyone else know exactly what the problem is? What the fix is..?

Thanks

Formerly Q10 ~ Now the Passport on TMobile
    12-16-14 12:35 PM
    Well we can't know the solution if you don't specify what the problem is. Sounds like your friend knows what the problem is, but you don't. Please specify what os you're on and what exactly is the problem. What's happening wrong

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 01:19 PM
    Yeah.. I'm trying to figure it what the problem from their viewpoint.. I'll post again when I have more details.

12-16-14 01:23 PM
    'Your phone doesn't reply to the group message, it sends individual messages to each person'

12-16-14 02:57 PM
    'I can show u if u want to comby tonight....basically, when the first message of the group chat/broadcast goes out, you are in it....everyone's response will go that group chat, yours is just added to the history from just you, so to an IPhone user, it looks like a sidebar/separate conversation....even though everyone can see ur message, it makes me think u only sent it to me...'

'the pictures you send though, do go to the group chat still'

12-16-14 03:14 PM
    'I can show u if u want to comby tonight....basically, when the first message of the group chat/broadcast goes out, you are in it....everyone's response will go that group chat, yours is just added to the history from just you, so to an IPhone user, it looks like a sidebar/separate conversation....even though everyone can see ur message, it makes me think u only sent it to me...'

'the pictures you send though, do go to the group chat still'

Oh I understand. I think that happens with me too. Guess BlackBerry has to fix it

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 03:21 PM
    How do we know it's a blackberry problem or if it's a setting that we need to be instructed on changing..

12-16-14 03:42 PM
    I sent out a group text using SMSbyNOW and the iPhone crew got my message but one using an old Samsung phone received a very comical message. The words I sent were replaced by words that came from somewhere...

Posted using my amazing Passport
    12-16-14 05:29 PM
    Yeah group messaging sucks on BB10....well at least for some depending on what carrier you are on

You have to go into the text messaging settings, then go to advanced settings, then set it to send all messages as mms messages when u want to respond to a group message.

When u are finished, you have to set it back to automatic so that all your messages aren't sent as mms messages

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Rello; 12-20-14 at 12:16 AM.
    12-16-14 05:38 PM
    So until Blackberry can figure out a solution we have to use an App or do things like send all texts as mms...
    Oh well, I hope they get the Blackberry to play nice with the other platforms in group messages eventually..

12-17-14 09:24 AM
    Smsbynow didn't work. I'm on TMobile.. I think it's gonna be an issue that needs to be resolved by tmobile or blackberry or both.

12-17-14 03:37 PM
    Rello, thanks... that's the fix..

12-17-14 08:27 PM
    go into your settings for text messages, and turn on MMS, for the non bb's to get group messages right they have to be in mms mode.

I group text in a couple big groups of Iphoes and droids, and it all works fine as long as it is mms mode, the phone will flash a screen when it is switching modes.
    12-17-14 08:50 PM
    Rello, thanks... that's the fix..

Glad I could help. As smart as BB10 is, apparently it's not smart enough to automatically switch to mms for group messages all the time *sigh*

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 12:18 AM
    Did you try resting your APN? Worked on my wife's Passport when she had MMS issues.

Settings
    Networks and Connections
    Mobile Network
    APN
    Restore Defaults

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 12:21 AM
    Glad I could help. As smart as BB10 is, apparently it's not smart enough to automatically switch to mms for group messages all the time *sigh*

Posted via CB10
    This seems to be a problem with T-mobile. I am running 10.2.1 on Verizon no problems. For some reason they don't have the option to send a group text, unless they force it. I just do it automatically. If I initiate the group text it asks me to send out as group or individually.
    Blackberry 10 - Broadcast Messages via SMS/MMS complaints-crackberry-image.jpg

Posted from my awesome Q10
    12-21-14 01:09 AM
    This seems to be a problem with T-mobile. I am running 10.2.1 on Verizon no problems. For some reason they don't have the option to send a group text, unless they force it. I just do it automatically. If I initiate the group text it asks me to send out as group or individually.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CrackBerry Image.jpg 
Views:	300 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	322176

Posted from my awesome Q10
    Yeah I pretty much came to that conclusion. It is t-mobile devices but I have friends on t-mobile that have android devices that send group messages with not issues so I really don't know what exactly the issue wis with BB10 on t-mobile

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 01:48 AM
    I just updated to ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.1.2558 and notice that the toggle is now on T-Mobile. No more doing the SMS/MMS switch that wasn't intuitive. Now it will detect if you're messaging in a group and give you the toggle like it does on Verizon and AT&T. I nagged @blackberryhelp and @tmobile recently about this on Twitter so I wonder if they actually listened and implemented it.

This saves so much confusion with friends.
    Attachment 341279

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 05:18 AM
    I don't get a box to check, I just put in all the people I want to send the sms/mms to and it does a "broadcast". Now I have heard from my Android and iPhone friends that my texts come separately and not in a group. But when they respond it comes back in the group I originated. Now, it doesn't bother me cause it responds back in the group...but it does kind of urk me when they talk sh*t about how my BB doesn't send group texts right. I've given up on finding a fix, mostly because it doesn't mess up on my end only theres...I just tell them to shut up and respond lol

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    03-15-15 01:59 PM
    Here's specific problem, my text messages sometimes don't go through, especially when texting to an iPhone. Also, sometimes pictures don't go through or take too long to go through and sometimes I get an option to press here for delivery of message, I press but nothing ever comes through. Texting is not a very good experience with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 02:23 PM
    I don't get a box to check, I just put in all the people I want to send the sms/mms to and it does a "broadcast". Now I have heard from my Android and iPhone friends that my texts come separately and not in a group. But when they respond it comes back in the group I originated. Now, it doesn't bother me cause it responds back in the group...but it does kind of urk me when they talk sh*t about how my BB doesn't send group texts right. I've given up on finding a fix, mostly because it doesn't mess up on my end only theres...I just tell them to shut up and respond lol

Yep.. same here.. I still go back and forth changing the Settings in Text Messages from Sms to Mms and vice versa. It's a real PIA..

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 04:12 PM
    Yep.. same here.. I still go back and forth changing the Settings in Text Messages from Sms to Mms and vice versa. It's a real PIA..

Posted via CB10
    Lol, I don't have the time or energy to keep doing that! I'll just keep doing it like I benn doing. As long as the recipients respond accordingly, I'm fine until they finally fix the issue. Might not ever be fixed, might vary from carrier to carrier. For example, I have 2 friends on Sprint w/ iPhones and they can't surf the web/receive mms and use the phone at the same time...now that's just absurd lmao! I always tease them about that too..Ill say, "hey hang up so I can send you a pic" lol. Gets them everytime lol! What is this the stone-age where u can't Google something real quick while on a call??

03-15-15 04:58 PM
    Me and my buddies are on Bbm. Group chat works fine

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by silversmith75; 03-17-15 at 09:45 PM.
    03-15-15 06:37 PM
    Me and Ll my buddies are on Bbm. Group chat works fine

Posted via CB10
    Of course it works on bbm.. this topic is about standard messaging sms / mms..

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 07:35 PM
    Why bother not staying in mms mode all the time? What material diff does it make?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 09:46 PM
37 12