BlackBerry 10: AWESOME. If the hardware matches it, RIM jobs are safe

Nice opinion article with pics. A must read.
    Full article here: BlackBerry 10: AWESOME. If the hardware matches it, RIM jobs are safe ? The Register

Cheers!

Extract: "...BlackBerry users have a love-hate relationship with their phones. The devices were often forced upon users rather than chosen. At the same time, the handhelds were the most usable and useful communications gadgets you could put in your pocket.

Yes, there are things a BlackBerry can't do very well or at all. But it is capable of doing so many things that its rivals can't match. You have to wonder if the rest of the phone industry has been taking some strange stupefying drug.

For example, the BlackBerry knows when it's in a holster. It knows when it's on a nightstand so it can do all kinds of "I'm in a nightstand now" things. You know what's "incoming" without taking it out of its case - you can tell that from the LED indicator. (Enthusiasts have written programs to allow you to set sophisticated 'Blinkenlights' sequences of coloured flashes, telling you in much more detail what is going on.) The obsession with usability extends to giving everything a shortcut key. You can set up a custom shortcut key to show you all the emails from Alice in the last three months, for example.

Nobody else does this. Has RIM replicated this in its new user interface for BlackBerry OS 10? We've already written up a quick preview of the QNX-powered mobile operating system - here's a follow-up hands-on tour of the kit."
    Source:BlackBerry 10: AWESOME. If the hardware matches it, RIM jobs are safe ? The Register
    11-23-12 10:23 AM
    Nice observation from the article:

"Once you've got used to it, and that the Hub is the home screen, BB10 is by some distance the most brutally efficient multitouch interface I have used so far. It makes the others look like hard work."
    11-23-12 10:50 AM
    Yayyy! RIM jobs are safe!
    (What?! Someone had to say it)
    Darlaten, BB10FTW, h20work and 4 others like this.
    11-23-12 11:04 AM
    "Once you've got used to it, and that the Hub is the home screen, BB10 is by some distance the most brutally efficient multitouch interface I have used so far. It makes the others look like hard work."
    +1K
    This is the most brutally brilliant comment I've read so far !
    11-23-12 11:23 AM
    Wish I had a RIM job

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    11-23-12 11:24 AM
    Yayyy! RIM jobs are safe!
    (What?! Someone had to say it)
    Bla1ze...are you dropping us a hint?
    11-23-12 11:28 AM
    What kind of hardware makes RIM jobs safe? I've never seen anything like that before....

I think I may want to get that as a Christmas gift for my wife. Link anyone?
    11-23-12 12:38 PM
    Wish I had a RIM job

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I hear people pay extra for those.....haha
    bbmtna and Shanerredflag like this.
    11-23-12 12:42 PM
    I am software Developer
    Add me 258ABAC3
    I can still help
    11-23-12 04:14 PM
    I am software Developer
    Add me 258ABAC3
    I can still help
    You can help with RIM jobs?
    bbmtna and Balti43 like this.
    11-23-12 08:14 PM
    You can help with RIM jobs?
    LOL
    11-23-12 08:15 PM
    if I didn't know any better I would have thought this to be a Kevin Michaluk post. Good read. Liked how he tied in WP8, showing the similarites and differences. Also, what you roll up on a Tim's cup job for everybody. Bazinga.
    11-24-12 03:49 AM