I find it very hard to believe that you know "A lot of Android fan boys in high school" who even know what BB10 is. Do all of these people hate it only after you had tried and failed to convert them or did they actually know what BB10 was on their own?

Either way, it's kind of impressive to know people who know of and hate BlackBerry 10. BB10 being hated is at least a tiny bit better than it being so irrelevant that it is completely unheard of. Which is exactly the way things seem to be in area.
    They dont know anything about it and I failed to convert them. But there are 2 good friends who I managed to convert, they came from Samsung s3. One owns a q5 n the other one owns a z30. Who can forget I convinced my uncle to buy a passport and he got it for 499$ (US) when the black friday sale was on. Trying my level best to get as many ppl to bb 10 as possible.
    miker476 likes this.
    01-29-15 02:12 PM
    Well if they are wanting to "play" with the OS then you can install Leaked OS' for the BB just like you can for android. 10.3 has an updated android runtime, so more android apps are available. BBM works just like facetime but better. On BB you do not need to download FB messenger you can message right from the app. This is just to name a few.
    01-29-15 02:20 PM
    There are a lot of android fan boys in my high school. They really hate BlackBerry 10. I know android is slow, laggy, and unsafe. But what are other things that prove BlackBerry 10 is better than android??

Posted via CB10
    UI

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    01-29-15 02:39 PM
    If high-schoolers are the new normal, I'm in big trouble.

If only there were any BB10 apps!

Sorry, that was a cheap shot; I couldn't resist. There are some excellent BB10 apps, such as bPod, FeedMinder, etc.

I've been fiddling with my wife's S3 that she doesn't use anymore (she has a OnePlus One now). I decided to put CyanogenMod on it and use it for a few days myself, to remind myself about the Android experience. Granted, the S3 is no longer a flagship, but still, it's not bad.

Anyway, to answer the original question, I don't hate Android. I don't think the notification pane is a disaster, but I do think the BB10 Hub is a better experience overall. Android has "Recent apps", as opposed to BB10's active frames. The mindset for using them is different. On Android, you just let the recent apps stack up, and if you go back to one, it should open to the state it was in when you left it. It doesn't always work that way, but mostly it does. On BB10, you decide whether or not to leave an app open, to a maximum of 8. Some would call that a disadvantage for BB10, but I happen to prefer it that way. When I leave an app, I have direct visual confirmation of what apps are open. It serves as a kind of reminder of what things I need to get back to.

Then again, Android has widgets; BB10 active frames are far less versatile. But I've read (can't remember where) that surveys show that the vast majority of Android users only use one or two widgets anyway: a weather/clock and maybe a calendar/schedule widget. I don't know if it's true, but that's about all I use.

If BB10 were to go away, I can live with Android. But I still prefer BB10.
    I have a clock and weather widget on my nexus 6 and nothing else. To be honest I think widgets are overblown. They aren't that amazing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-29-15 02:43 PM
    LOL. BB10 doesn't run Android.
    Oh really? Since when doesnt it? It runs apk's, you need android for that. I think you need to read up a bit. OP ask your friends to run 8 apps at the same time...
    Tre Lawrence and JiuJitsuTech like this.
    01-29-15 02:47 PM
    Oh really? Since when doesnt it? It runs apk's, you need android for that. I think you need to read up a bit. OP ask your friends to run 8 apps at the same time...
    LOL.

I had to like this post for posterity.
    Witmen likes this.
    01-29-15 06:54 PM
    LOL.

I had to like this post for posterity.
    No joke, I had typed up a serious reply explaining how wrong that PlayBook guy is, but I deleted it. A small part of me still hopes he was just kidding, if he wasn't, there aint no amount of explaining in the world that will do any good.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    01-29-15 07:35 PM
    Bb10 of course

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 07:45 PM
    I use Blackberry 10 because it's a OS centered around communication, efficiency and security. Which is what my phone is meant to do. It's meant to be a efficient communication device....not a toy. Plus with the benefit of having a pretty decent android runtime I have access to the only thing that makes android worth while. The apps. Blackberry 10 is a solid, fluid stable and intuitive platform. In my opinion it beats all others in many categories. That's why I own one

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 07:51 PM
    No joke, I had typed up a serious reply explaining how wrong that PlayBook guy is, but I deleted it. A small part of me still hopes he was just kidding, if he wasn't, there aint no amount of explaining in the world that will do any good.
    Trust me, it was serious.

Better go do some reading. Folks have been clamoring for BBRY Android devices, and all this time, we've actually had Android devices.
    Witmen likes this.
    01-29-15 07:52 PM
    Android L is actually really good.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 08:38 PM
    Your random posts are killing my brain Prince and of all things to ask, you ask something that has been beat to death? Closed.
    01-29-15 08:45 PM
37 12