There are a lot of android fan boys in my high school. They really hate BlackBerry 10. I know android is slow, laggy, and unsafe. But what are other things that prove BlackBerry 10 is better than android??

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 01:38 AM
    You start A LOT of threads, haha...

All I know is, my Z30 runs android games better than the android phones I have laying around the house. I suppose that says something
    01-29-15 01:52 AM
    You start A LOT of threads, haha...

All I know is, my Z30 runs android games better than the android phones I have laying around the house. I suppose that says something
    I want to reach 1000 posts as a CB master . And iam free these days

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 03:19 AM
    Quantity wise Android is better,
    Quality Wise BlackBerry 10.

Helalzone
    Elite1 likes this.
    01-29-15 04:04 AM
    Whatever floats your boat (or bloat)
    I know it was a sad joke.
    01-29-15 04:05 AM
    There are a lot of android fan boys in my high school. They really hate BlackBerry 10. I know android is slow, laggy, and unsafe. But what are other things that prove BlackBerry 10 is better than android??

Posted via CB10
    Don't expect any honest answers here since those who visit crackberry are BlackBerry fan boys.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    Blackberry-Prince likes this.
    01-29-15 04:08 AM
    Bb runs Android and bb10.
    Android only runs Android.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 04:20 AM
    Bb runs Android and bb10.
    Android only runs Android.

Posted via CB10
    LOL. BB10 doesn't run Android.
    kbz1960 and TgeekB like this.
    01-29-15 05:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    It depends from people to people. I like the the call feature on android in which you
    can drop it without closing any application but in BlackBerry you can't do that. There are some other features in android which I like it. However I like BlackBerry UI very much and it's blend, hub, certain interactions (flip to wake), very fast multi tasking. Tell them these features.
    They will be liking it for sure.

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    01-29-15 05:47 AM
    He meant it can run android apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 06:09 AM
    Let's rephrase:
    BB10 runs Android AND BB10 apps.
    Android runs Android apps only.
    01-29-15 06:28 AM
    Asking if BlackBerry 10 is better than Android on a BlackBerry forum... hmm... I wonder what kind of answers will be given.
    01-29-15 06:36 AM
    Let's rephrase:
    Android runs Android apps only.
    And every one of them where bb only runs some of them.
    01-29-15 06:48 AM
    About the only thing positive I could say about my Motorola Atrix 4g Android device was that I loved (and miss) the biometric fingerprint smart sensor as an option to typing in a password. BlackBerry makes an exceptional device for business use and the BB10 OS has enough entertainment and personal use options that I am very, very happy with my Z30.
    01-29-15 07:18 AM
    Asking if BlackBerry 10 is better than Android on a BlackBerry forum... hmm... I wonder what kind of answers will be given.
    I wanted explanation in detail. In what ways is bb better. -.-
    01-29-15 09:23 AM
    I wanted explanation in detail. In what ways is bb better. -.-
    You won't get a satisfactory answer, since this is a very subjective topic.
    Last edited by Elite1; 01-29-15 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Thread clean-up
    raino likes this.
    01-29-15 09:39 AM
    [WARN]Remember:

DISCUSS THE TOPIC, NOT THE OTHER MEMBERS. [/WARN]

Several posts of bickering removed.

Keep it civilized, people.
    anon(9194980) and Chris Chin like this.
    01-29-15 11:57 AM
    Thread moved from Ask-A-Question Forum to General BlackBerry Discussion.

The Ask-A-Question Forum is meant for guests or brand-new members to ask questions, typically technical questions.

This is a discussion topic, and you're not brand-new anymore. When posting a new thread, take the time to find the best place for it please.
    01-29-15 12:04 PM
    I think it's a subjective thing. Both 10.3 and lollipop have very good aspects to them and they each could and will see improvement. I loved the active frames on BB10 but I also like the card stacker on lollipop on my nexus 6...it reminds me of webos which makes sense given the guy who designed it. They both have similar function but are presented in different ways. Nothing beats the hub though. I miss that in a big way.
    01-29-15 12:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry10 is a nice OS overall, but is poorly implemented. It barely has any major advantage over Android, except that much discussed 'Security'(BES vs Normal plan, remember?), which isn't that special really.

Blackberry is not a regular-consumer-centric phone, or atleast that's what's it's believed to be. Don't involve android app support, it's a half baked OS with bad android runtime implementation.
    it's not aimed for normal people-especially high schoolers, so don't expect people to like it
    01-29-15 12:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    I find it very hard to believe that you know "A lot of Android fan boys in high school" who even know what BB10 is. Do all of these people hate it only after you had tried and failed to convert them or did they actually know what BB10 was on their own?

Either way, it's kind of impressive to know people who know of and hate BlackBerry 10. BB10 being hated is at least a tiny bit better than it being so irrelevant that it is completely unheard of. Which is exactly the way things seem to be in area.
    01-29-15 12:48 PM
    My HTC M8 Android is not slow, laggy or unsafe. Neither are my android tablets. In fact they are very quick, no lag.

Those that have a basic clue, won't install crap that has permissions they don't agree with. Then if they like they can root the device and use something like xposed installer and lock down everything else, how they want it. That and a good adblocker.

The device is no more unsafe than the user.

Folks on here need to find some new complaints about android or any other OS. It's a shoddy workman that blames the tools.

Which is better? The one that does what YOU need it to do.
    TgeekB and Elite1 like this.
    01-29-15 01:08 PM
    I've been forced to use a Samsung Galaxy S5 for work. Running Android 4.4.2. The interface is rough with the only consistency being that all dialogs appear to be based on DOS 3.2 message boxes. Messaging is a helter-skelter experience. You have to open each different app to read, respond or compose new messages.

For me, BB 10.3.1 is highly refined, polished and consistent. The UI is fast and fluid, switching between apps with a swipe is very convenient. Waking with a swipe is awesome, no home button is awesome. Bedside mode with a pull down is a treat. Basically BB 10 has removed a lot of "think points", and brings elegance and consistency. Android to me is a garish mess.

In all honesty, Android 4.4 just feels archaic in comparison. The notification center is a piece of garbage. Some notifications _cannot_ be dismissed, such as download notices and wifi connection notices.

No browser on Android can touch the BB10 browser for speed. I have stopped using Chrome on my S5 because it is so slow to scroll. Firefox is a bit smoother, but still cannot equal the BB10 browser.

The BlackBerry hub for me makes a huge difference. I am a massive multi-tasker and communicator, so this is really key. Another bonus is the ability to reply inline to message previews without leaving the app I'm currently in. The BlackBerry Assistant works really well with Bluetooth for reading "last BBM/email from wife", "call Bob", etc. Google's voice products aren't nearly as successful, I often just get a "not supported" when I try to invoke voice control.

Calendar integration, meeting mode, flip to silence, and many other refinements that BB10 has out-of-the-box "just work", and don't require installing some third party app that does who knows what else behind the scenes...

Anyway, I see it as BB10 beating Android hands down.
    Last edited by Carterbits; 01-29-15 at 03:01 PM.
    Elite1 likes this.
    01-29-15 01:10 PM
    Too much crap to discuss, both have their ups and downs.
    01-29-15 01:19 PM
    it's not aimed for normal people-especially high schoolers, so don't expect people to like it
    If high-schoolers are the new normal, I'm in big trouble.

If only there were any BB10 apps!

Sorry, that was a cheap shot; I couldn't resist. There are some excellent BB10 apps, such as bPod, FeedMinder, etc.

I've been fiddling with my wife's S3 that she doesn't use anymore (she has a OnePlus One now). I decided to put CyanogenMod on it and use it for a few days myself, to remind myself about the Android experience. Granted, the S3 is no longer a flagship, but still, it's not bad.

Anyway, to answer the original question, I don't hate Android. I don't think the notification pane is a disaster, but I do think the BB10 Hub is a better experience overall. Android has "Recent apps", as opposed to BB10's active frames. The mindset for using them is different. On Android, you just let the recent apps stack up, and if you go back to one, it should open to the state it was in when you left it. It doesn't always work that way, but mostly it does. On BB10, you decide whether or not to leave an app open, to a maximum of 8. Some would call that a disadvantage for BB10, but I happen to prefer it that way. When I leave an app, I have direct visual confirmation of what apps are open. It serves as a kind of reminder of what things I need to get back to.

Then again, Android has widgets; BB10 active frames are far less versatile. But I've read (can't remember where) that surveys show that the vast majority of Android users only use one or two widgets anyway: a weather/clock and maybe a calendar/schedule widget. I don't know if it's true, but that's about all I use.

If BB10 were to go away, I can live with Android. But I still prefer BB10.
    Elite1, Cynycl and Velocitymj like this.
    01-29-15 02:01 PM
37 12