View Poll Results: Will BlackBerry 10.3 bring a revamped OS with flat design?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I can't wait!!!!

52 54.74%
  • Yes, but not looking forward to it.

5 5.26%
  • No, BB10.3 will gear towards enterprise and business stylings.

23 24.21%
  • No, but I would welcome the refresh!

15 15.79%
    Back to the topic.. I wouldn't mind, long as it's done in a minimalist way (see what I did there ) and on the whole retains the BlackBerry feel, and doesn't go crazy in the colours..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    03-13-14 10:36 AM
    Could the new bbm website point to the flatter ui in 10.3? It might be a website redesign , but it still is flatter than the old blue and black design! And look closely at the channels logo, it's kinda different from the one we are used to! BBM for Android & iPhone iOS - Download BBM - BBM Global - English

Posted via CB10
    Great catch! That is definitely a minimalistic and flat design for the UI with updated icons for all features! I do really like the look of that website now!! Would look amazing on the phone if they went with that theme! The nice colours (not super bright/fluorescent) like iOS 7...the colours are very bold and strong looking IMO...lets hope this is a hint at the future of BB10 OS!! (as I believe it would be, otherwise why would they separate their websites and OS from design cue! They will want all their programs and apps to follow a similar appearance, and this website could be the beginning of the change to flat UI for BB.
    allengeorge likes this.
    03-13-14 11:03 AM
    Back to the topic.. I wouldn't mind, long as it's done in a minimalist way (see what I did there ) and on the whole retains the BlackBerry feel, and doesn't go crazy in the colours..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    @Noelwoodward pointed this out...

BBM for Android & iPhone iOS - Download BBM - BBM Global - English

This could be a hint into the developers mindset over at BlackBerry...there is a reason they updated and made the BBM website look this way with new icons and lines and colours...this would be a great UI appearance for BB10!
    03-13-14 11:05 AM
    So people in the poll would like a iOS7 like design?

weird, not even people with iPhones like it... Buy an iPhone then

1. http://www.bbm.com/bbm/en.html looks nice

2. these http://www.cultofmac.com/239373/this...iration-video/ look hideous

3. This is also considered flat but in the metro sort of way http://www.phonearena.com/news/Which...y-most_id31465 to be honest I can't even tell up from down. I do like the tiles but they just seem scrambled, there needs to be a sense of order there.

There is a difference guys...

Hopefully Blackberry will play their card right and go with the first one
    mphillips828 likes this.
    03-13-14 11:05 AM
    VOTE HERE to bring it to BlackBerry's attention!

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....-flat-designs-
    03-13-14 11:06 AM
    @Noelwoodward pointed this out...

BBM for Android & iPhone iOS - Download BBM - BBM Global - English

This could be a hint into the developers mindset over at BlackBerry...there is a reason they updated and made the BBM website look this way with new icons and lines and colours...this would be a great UI appearance for BB10!
    That looks nice but I have a feeling the OS look is more leaning toward pastel colours like iOS7
    03-13-14 11:07 AM
    So people in the pol would like a iOS7 like design?

weird, not even people with iPhones like it... Buy an iPhone then
    Lol haven't we already established that is won't be iOS 7! iOS 7 stole design cues from Windows Phone, which was one of the major mobile OS to adopt the flat ui...its not following, its keeping up with the industry, and websites and companies were implementing Flat UI well before iOS 7...they were playing catchup to others as well in that area...so please can we stop saying stuff like "if you want iOS 7 stylings, then just buy an iPhone".

We all made it perfectly clear we don't want iOS 7, and nor do we want the iOS 7 colours and design...but flat design is ABSOLUTELY welcomed in BB10
    03-13-14 11:08 AM
    Lol haven't we already established that is won't be iOS 7! iOS 7 stole design cues from Windows Phone, which was one of the major mobile OS to adopt the flat ui...its not following, its keeping up with the industry, and websites and companies were implementing Flat UI well before iOS 7...they were playing catchup to others as well in that area...so please can we stop saying stuff like "if you want iOS 7 stylings, then just buy an iPhone".

We all made it perfectly clear we don't want iOS 7, and nor do we want the iOS 7 colours and design...but flat design is ABSOLUTELY welcomed in BB10
    i do have a feeling they will bring pastel colours. If they keep the colours solid like the BBM site and Windows and not have those gross pastel colours. Then I'll be happy.

So don't take windows scrambled tile look and apple's pastel colours, that's all I ask

Only time will tell i guess
    03-13-14 11:15 AM
    i do have a feeling they will bring pastel colours. If they keep the colours solid like the BBM site and Windows and not have those gross pastel colours. Then I'll be happy.

So don't take windows scrambled tile look and apple's pastel colours, that's all I ask

Only time will tell i guess
    Lol yes! Honestly the bbm website looks perfect IMO! That would be nice colours to use! Like you said only time will tell! Sure hope it's something good!

I have to say I'll probably like it no matter what they do lol

Posted via CB10
    SmileDahling and sickyute like this.
    03-13-14 11:41 AM
    Great catch! That is definitely a minimalistic and flat design for the UI with updated icons for all features! I do really like the look of that website now!! Would look amazing on the phone if they went with that theme! The nice colours (not super bright/fluorescent) like iOS 7...the colours are very bold and strong looking IMO...lets hope this is a hint at the future of BB10 OS!! (as I believe it would be, otherwise why would they separate their websites and OS from design cue! They will want all their programs and apps to follow a similar appearance, and this website could be the beginning of the change to flat UI for BB.
    Finally! Someone agrees! That's exactly what I was thinking! Why would BlackBerry go ahead and change the ui of the site when they could have just stuck with the original black and blue theme?! Yup! It's definitely a start!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 11:46 AM
    Pastels, I can do without. Had enough of that back in the mid '80s. To me, the iOS7 design looks like it would feel right at home in an episode of "Miami Vice". And any of the iPhone 5cs would blend perfectly with one of Sonny Crockett's jackets.

I'd like to see some deeper colors used in the BB10 refresh. I wish that the blue used in BB10 now was a deeper shade.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    03-13-14 11:50 AM
    BlackBerry 10.3 is in testing stage and I can assure you that it is already flat UI.. and they are constantly changing it

Posted via CB10
    What is your source?
    03-13-14 12:17 PM
    Could the new bbm website point to the flatter ui in 10.3? It might be a website redesign , but it still is flatter than the old blue and black design! And look closely at the channels logo, it's kinda different from the one we are used to! http://www.bbm.com/bbm/en.html

Posted via CB10
    I like the new BBM website!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 12:56 PM
    I hope 10.3 maintains a darker overall scheme, like how BBOS has been since 4.0 (?). Also, don't have everything one solid color where content and chrome are mixed and there's no visual separation. Office 2013 is an example of what NOT to do (in a stark white package)..
    03-13-14 12:58 PM
    What is your source?
    03-13-14 01:14 PM
    A more reputable, trustworthy source has never been known.. than that ever humble version number

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    03-13-14 02:11 PM
    This is actually out?

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 02:40 PM
    I like the new bbm website but I hope they have a dark theme. i'm not a fan of the bright pastel colors. But that's just me.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 02:41 PM
    A more reputable, trustworthy source has never been known.. than that ever humble version number

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    it's easy to find things like phone OS' (android, iOS, WP) on the internet when a blackberry dev access' the internet. Since the internet records what you are accessing it with and this happened to be a Z10 with 10.3.0.140.

Unrelated to Blackberry OS spot is Android Kitkat 4.4.4 on the Nexus 5 when the S4 only has 4.4.2 spotted :P
    03-13-14 03:28 PM
    To me the UI is just great: simple and easy to understand and use. Maybe a lil bit of customisation needed (icon shape and colour) but that's it for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 03:31 PM
    This is actually out?

Posted via CB10
    No usually anything under .1xxx is unusable but it means they are working on it. It probably won't be out till later this year.

10.2.1 looks like it'll come out with an MR higher then 10.2.1.28xx since that has been spotted

after most likely it will be 10.2.2 since this has been spotted 10.2.2.367 and again it's probably unusable
    03-13-14 03:31 PM
    How about for customization for apps on 10.3, BlackBerry could modify the app design and code.

Make it so applications are just full circles...none of this "rectangle with rounded edges" crap...its either a rectangle or not!! lol why mix two shapes! So BlackBerry can be doing the full circle for app icons!

NOW HERE IS THE FUN PART!!!!

Users based on personal preference and usage can modify the size...so lets say BBM is the most used app, the circle will be larger than others on the screen!!! and of course it would be a new flat minimalistic app icon design!

But either user choice, or based on amount of usage, the OS can determine based on how many times/how long you are in an application for and readjust the app icon size...would be a really cool feature to have!!

Right now all app icons are the same no matter what...widgets can be customized, and live tiles can be changed...so lets have BlackBerry do their own thing and make circle app icons and allow the users to change the sizes based on preference, making it easier to see, and click into the app! Wouldn't be a huge advantage but would be specific to that user, thus more personalization!
    03-13-14 06:12 PM
    No usually anything under .1xxx is unusable but it means they are working on it. It probably won't be out till later this year.

10.2.1 looks like it'll come out with an MR higher then 10.2.1.28xx since that has been spotted

after most likely it will be 10.2.2 since this has been spotted 10.2.2.367 and again it's probably unusable
    Either you're making it up, violating an NDA or violating an employment confidentiality agreement. Tread carefully ... I know of someone who ended up in court for this ...
    03-13-14 06:53 PM
    Either you're making it up, violating an NDA or violating an employment confidentiality agreement. Tread carefully ... I know of someone who ended up in court for this ...
    Curious how he is doing anything you said? All he said was that OS's have been spotted and a quick google search will give you lots of rumours about the 10.2.1 MR release and everything he mentioned...

just curious why your saying this?
    03-13-14 07:14 PM
    The design is great as it is.
    03-13-14 08:18 PM
116 1234 ...