View Poll Results: Will BlackBerry 10.3 bring a revamped OS with flat design?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I can't wait!!!!

52 54.74%
  • Yes, but not looking forward to it.

5 5.26%
  • No, BB10.3 will gear towards enterprise and business stylings.

23 24.21%
  • No, but I would welcome the refresh!

15 15.79%
    So, I was kinda bored on the long way to work today and I had my laptop with me, so I played around a bit with the flat design with the long shadows.

This is what I came up with:

Attachment 256976

I know it's not that great of an edit. LOL. but I don't know, seeing it actually made me excited to see if they really are going with a UI change.
    Sorry if it doesn't look that good btw.

Cheers
    Sorry I prefer the BlackBerry 10 UI the way it is currently implemented. I don't want an Apple iPhone.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    03-21-14 07:04 AM
    Sorry I prefer the BlackBerry 10 UI the way it is currently implemented. I don't want an Apple iPhone.

You won't get an iOS look. Unfortunately "flat design" is now synonymous with Apple, so I declare from this point forward we start referring to the future look of 10.3 to TAT flat design. Because honestly of you want to see the look just check out BlackBerry Express, we've had a glimpse for months.

Z10 10.2.1.2141 via CB10
    03-21-14 08:00 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...oncept-916695/

Here is my take on what the new active frames SHOULD be!!! Please go to this thread and participate Lets get a good conversation going to try and get BlackBerry to notice the concepts on this website!
    03-21-14 10:11 AM

Already posted.

Nobody cares.
    03-21-14 12:06 PM
    You know, I've got a wishlist, and I know I'll get high if this really happened.

Separate themes for WORK, and PERSONAL space.

Imagine, you click WORK, and your company's theme/skinned OS pops up. Click personal, and your own skins, your own themes, your own gestures comes into play.

I will love that. A lot.
    03-21-14 12:40 PM
    You won't get an iOS look. Unfortunately "flat design" is now synonymous with Apple, so I declare from this point forward we start referring to the future look of 10.3 to TAT flat design. Because honestly of you want to see the look just check out BlackBerry Express, we've had a glimpse for months.

Z10 10.2.1.2141 via CB10
    That's the sad thing about it, the flat UI was the idea of Microsoft with the Modern/Metro UI and then "borrowed" by Apple who will now get the credit for it which is wrong.
    03-21-14 03:57 PM
    You know what would be cool, if BlackBerry could some how access apple apps as well. Then we would have access to BlackBerry World, android, and apple apps. Lol

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 04:14 PM
    You know what would be cool, if BlackBerry could some how access apple apps as well. Then we would have access to BlackBerry World, android, and apple apps. Lol

Posted via CB10
    Which would never happen seeing as this is Apple we're talking about here.
    03-21-14 07:11 PM
    I still don't understand why people associate the "flat" design with Apple. They didn't do it first. Hell, they weren't even the first "big player" to do it first.

Has anyone SEEN Metro? I've been using it since mid 2011 (Dev Win 8 early build). iOS 7 wasn't even a thought then.

I think people are being wilfully ignorant on this one...

Mmm...CB10! Just the tip though...
    neo158 likes this.
    03-21-14 11:31 PM
    I still don't understand why people associate the "flat" design with Apple. They didn't do it first. Hell, they weren't even the first "big player" to do it first.

Has anyone SEEN Metro? I've been using it since mid 2011 (Dev Win 8 early build). iOS 7 wasn't even a thought then.

Well I hate Metro on Windows 8 and Windows Phone. It is a mess and I don't want anything like it. If I did I would be buying those products.

I have a Zune HD and metro works well on that device and form factor. It does not translate into a usable or desirable interface on anything else for me though.

I even prefer the old "blade" dashboard on Xbox 360.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 11:46 PM

My problem exactly. As soon as you say flat. You hear "I don't want an iPhone "... how many websites these days use flat colors rather than gradients? how many of them still look professional? A Lot!!

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 11:54 PM
    Well I hate Metro on Windows 8 and Windows Phone. It is a mess and I don't want anything like it. If I did I would be buying those products.

I have a Zune HD and metro works well on that device and form factor. It does not translate into a usable or desirable interface on anything else for me though.

I even prefer the old "blade" dashboard on Xbox 360.

Posted via CB10
    You might think it's a mess but to those people who use it then it's as organised as the boring rows of icons you have on your BB10 device!!!
    03-22-14 03:49 PM
    Flat design is artificially imposed by designers. There is no market demand for it. When MS launched Windows 7 after Vista, people start buying Win 7 despite flatter design, not because of it, just because Win7 was far better performing than Vista. When MS went further with flat design in Win8, market hesitated to the point where MS have to bribe users to go with Windows 8 because Win7 is still performing well. Google introduced flat design also, but best selling devices are skinned to the point where there is a little resemblance with original Google UI. Windows Phone with its flat design also is struggling to catch with market so I wouldn't say that Metro has broad appeal.
    Flat design is unnatural in a world of hi res displays with ability to show lots of gradients of colors.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 02:01 AM
    Flat design is artificially imposed by designers. There is no market demand for it. When MS launched Windows 7 after Vista, people start buying Win 7 despite flatter design, not because of it, just because Win7 was far better performing than Vista. When MS went further with flat design in Win8, market hesitated to the point where MS have to bribe users to go with Windows 8 because Win7 is still performing well. Google introduced flat design also, but best selling devices are skinned to the point where there is a little resemblance with original Google UI. Windows Phone with its flat design also is struggling to catch with market so I wouldn't say that Metro has broad appeal.
    Flat design is unnatural in a world of hi res displays with ability to show lots of gradients of colors.

Posted via CB10
    Wow! You know alot about design (not!) so what you're saying is all that 3d nonsense isn't artificially prepared by designers? Design needs to be simple and easy to use! That's where apple excels! They know their customers! They know what people want! You can pick up an iPhone and start using it without reading a manual or anything...well in the 21st century almost everyone can use any phone, but the thing is that's why the iPhone came into existence. You said it yourself! People stick to stuff that is fast and reliable. But change is inevitable and hence the flat ui.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 05:49 AM
    Well I guess there is definitely a new OS design coming in 10.3!
    03-25-14 12:38 PM
    My problem exactly. As soon as you say flat. You hear "I don't want an iPhone "... how many websites these days use flat colors rather than gradients? how many of them still look professional? A Lot!!

Posted via CB10
    BBM's website is actually a perfect example of using flat design but still being professional.
    mphillips828 likes this.
    03-25-14 01:31 PM
116 ... 345