It's BB10 that differentiates us from android. So what if we can run android apps? iPhone can run the same apps as android can, so why not buy and Android over an iPhone or an iPhone over an android? Thats more or less what your saying. Some apps are made for all 3 platforms, so why buy any one of them? I don't understand what the point is that your making. If BB10 was android based then this would make sense but it's not.

Obviously cascades has only made a dent in the devs eyes. Maybe it's BlackBerry marketing? Maybe it's there management which they have been totally rebuilding, I don't know, but it doesn't seem to be helping developers adopt cascades. So I'm my eyes, this "back up plan" is really what will help BlackBerry get back on its feet. Consumers want apps now, they don't want it "coming soon" or possibly when the market share grows.. things need to be done to get other things moving or at least that's how I see it?

But anyways, sorry to get off topic. I'll be happy to get the update!

Posted via CB10
    The point of my long winded reply to you was that BlackBerry or any company as a matter of fact want a emulator of someone else's OS as a main feature point of the OS! Do they market we can run android apps? NO and last time I looked both android and iOS have their own programming languages if you want to build a application for them. It isn't Blackberry's fault that someone didn't code the same app again for us. It's the developers and this is mainly because they don't see blackberry as a viable platform. Imagine building a house on a island that was about to sink? I wouldn't see the point of that to be honest and that's what the developers see. Only way to correct this is to fix blackberry's image and this is exactly what is being done now by Mr Chen.

Plus also a emulator is only a emulator... it can be good but can't be perfect. We can only get the android experience that much that is possible without actually having android running as the OS.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 10:54 PM
    Ok so what it's saying is, that if testing for technical approval is finished by the 24th of feb, it should start deploying by 10th of march...will this is going to **** some people off lol, not me though.

something newer is probably on the horizon.
    Ya, assuming it's accurate. That's why I can't get behind 'release dates'. I mean, this was the 'release date' for 10.2. :/ - BlackBerry OS 10.2 rollout starting this week | CrackBerry.com. Speaks for itself.
    01-20-14 11:03 PM
    Ya, assuming it's accurate. That's why I can't get behind 'release dates'. I mean, this was the 'release date' for 10.2. :/ - BlackBerry OS 10.2 rollout starting this week | CrackBerry.com. Speaks for itself.
    Imagine the release date for 10.2.1 for the US... I'm thinking 2015 LOL

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 11:05 PM
    *rubbing hands*

From Zuri my Z10.
    BlackBerry 10.2.1 Rollout Begins January 28th [Rumour]-tumblr_mcdqbaef4h1qa2uago1_250.gif
    01-20-14 11:10 PM
    My question that's pondering is? How often do blackberry actually release updates is it periodic and speratic? And since it's only a partial update who's most likely to get them first?. One more thing is does every device no matter the carrier get those updates? Cause the news for android is that KitKat will only be on certain devices. And Apple well all devices get updates soon as they release the full patch not Beta.
    01-20-14 11:21 PM
    My question that's pondering is? How often do blackberry actually release updates is it periodic and speratic? And since it's only a partial update who's most likely to get them first?. One more thing is does every device no matter the carrier get those updates? Cause the news for android is that KitKat will only be on certain devices. And Apple well all devices get updates soon as they release the full patch not Beta.
    Updates work by carriers. BlackBerry gives carriers the OS they test and bloat it with bloat ware and then give it to us... Every device is unified in what update it gets only carrier matters unless your in the USA and own a verizon z10 or Q.. your shafted LOL. They normally release in there own time but smaller updates come quicker like bug fixes and patches. Leaks normally give you a heads up of around 3-6 months

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 11:26 PM
    Yes but we should still have a gateway to access any App Store, and the devices should be able to decode algorithms or have it so it can read any extension file, we have like 500 extensions now being used for everything pictures movies music documents simplify man. Like AAC and M4V files were only Apple at one time now some compatible with all devices? Make it fair game developers will still get paid! No?

The point of my long winded reply to you was that BlackBerry or any company as a matter of fact want a emulator of someone else's OS as a main feature point of the OS! Do they market we can run android apps? NO and last time I looked both android and iOS have their own programming languages if you want to build a application for them. It isn't Blackberry's fault that someone didn't code the same app again for us. It's the developers and this is mainly because they don't see blackberry as a viable platform. Imagine building a house on a island that was about to sink? I wouldn't see the point of that to be honest and that's what the developers see. Only way to correct this is to fix blackberry's image and this is exactly what is being done now by Mr Chen.

Plus also a emulator is only a emulator... it can be good but can't be perfect. We can only get the android experience that much that is possible without actually having android running as the OS.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 11:30 PM
    So the most current leak is already months ago, right so therefore Me being in Canada in the Province of Ontario Telus network I have a greater odd of getting said update then say Vodafone or Virgin or AT&T?

Updates work by carriers. BlackBerry gives carriers the OS they test and bloat it with bloat ware and then give it to us... Every device is unified in what update it gets only carrier matters unless your in the USA and own a verizon z10 or Q.. your shafted LOL. They normally release in there own time but smaller updates come quicker like bug fixes and patches. Leaks normally give you a heads up of around 3-6 months

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 11:34 PM
    Yes but we should still have a gateway to access any App Store, and the devices should be able to decode algorithms or have it so it can read any extension file, we have like 500 extensions now being used for everything pictures movies music documents simplify man. Like AAC and M4V files were only Apple at one time now some compatible with all devices? Make it fair game developers will still get paid! No?
    Your saying it very easily but in reality if that was possible we wouldn't have Windows, Linux and MAC OS and they've been around for decades. Unification isn't as simple as you may see it... Every brand has its own... let's say ego? I don't think Microsoft would be happy saying you can run .dmgs on Windows 9 :| because that would show your own software isn't doing as good! Plus the ego gets hurt...

Extensions are different... Programming languages are also different. Firstly iOS will never be emulated or run on anything else but an Apple product period. Android will not embrace another OS too period because of there open source nature or whatever, they wouldn't want strings attached to there OS. The only reason why we have android running on our phones is because it's open source. Your idea maybe can be done and even implemented but the amount of legal issues would be a massacre of legal teams in court. Everyone is safeguarding what makes there brand and OS unique which is the OS itself.

And wasn't AAC or some other audio extension removed from BB10 OS after royalty issues? The world isn't a friendly place no one shares... its a get rich or die trying world LOL

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 11:43 PM
    So the most current leak is already months ago, right so therefore Me being in Canada in the Province of Ontario Telus network I have a greater odd of getting said update then say Vodafone or Virgin or AT&T?
    Canada normally did get updates earlier than EMEA and other regions but everyone on this damn planet gets updates quicker than American carriers. They just don't give a f. Probably cause Apple paid them off but yeah... Things like that do happen

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 11:45 PM
    I hope this is true, 10.2 features are great! For us here in the US, I believe we are better of loading leaks.

Post via my AWESOME Q10! BBM Channel: C12140D
    01-20-14 11:48 PM
    If your on A&T network in the US this should interest you.. Regarding 10.2.1!

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=894965

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 11:54 PM
    In the first post, the OP mentions "fact," while the title calls it "rumor."
    (..keep in mind, I'm making this up as i go along)

It's the perfect way to cover both bases Had previous posters used that formula it would have eliminated all the battling.
    "This is probably not true." Well, it "is" just a rumor!!
    " Yeah, I saw it,too!" That confirms the "Fact!"

Ingenious, OP! even if I "am" the only one who noticed it!

... and, if it hasn't already been said, the fact that the date is a rumor,
    should give you enough time not to expect the rumored date to be fact.
    unless the date, in fact is not rumored .
    Rumor has it that we'll know the facts anytime now if you can believe that!
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 01-21-14 at 02:00 AM.
    01-21-14 01:42 AM
    I noticed it says 10.2 not 10.2.1 could it be a 10.2 MR?

Yeah, helps if I actually include what it means huh? lol.

Attachment 240340
    01-21-14 04:21 AM
    Welllll...im just waiting for the update to roll out :P
    PS: Im from India, i dont have to wait for my carriers to push anything to my device.
    01-21-14 04:39 AM
    I'm from Morocco and my device (Z10) is unlocked, how will the update work for me? Thanx guys
    01-21-14 04:49 AM
    And as I already mentioned..

Don't let the cheering start yet, especially if you live in the U.S. Need an example? Telstra seemingly disagrees with the date as well. It's one thing for BlackBerry to say it's official, it's another to actually get it. Sadly.

Attachment 240294
    Well with the US being one of the smaller markets it's not surprise they won't be getting the update right away.
    01-21-14 04:53 AM
    I'm from Morocco and my device (Z10) is unlocked, how will the update work for me? Thanx guys
    It's up to your carrier to push it out. If your carrier doesn't sell Z10's then your screwed!
    01-21-14 04:54 AM
    No carrier...But how do you expalin when i first fired it up it gave me the update (10.2.0.429) notification and works flawlessly. Then I think the same will happen with the 10.2.1 update?. How, I don't know.
    01-21-14 05:05 AM
    I think It's gonna drop before 28th. Luckily my carrier (DU) was one of the first carriers to release 10.1 and 10.2 and i hope they will also release the new version without much delays.
    01-21-14 05:11 AM
    What's the situation with Z10 and Wifi Direct?

As I read, there used to be this functionality.
    Is it hardware supported? if yes - why it's gone from leaks?!
    01-21-14 05:20 AM
    Canadian carriers are generally wayyy better at rolling out updates.
    That's because we don't have to pay duty and taxes on their stuff when we ship it locally, lol!!!
    01-21-14 05:30 AM
    I'm on 1925 too but I really look forward to something official coming through soon
    01-21-14 05:53 AM
    If I'm not mistaken you can also update using Link. There's a button to check for update if it's available. And I don't think this is influenced by carrier.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.

Posted via Awesome Astro flying10.2.1.1925 on CB10. For a regular dose of Quotes, subscribe C001190A9 .
    01-21-14 06:18 AM
    Will I update to official release? Depends on if it has better features then the leak I am on (10.2.1.1925
    with 26 radio) I don't have any issues with 1925. Clean smooth, battery life good, radio & BT great.
    runs Android apps like a champ. Not that I run a lot of Android apps. I only run Android apps
    if there is a void with native that I need. Don't game on my phone. A phone is not a game
    machine. Every part of the phone that I use is as solid as I think it could possible get
    over the smoothness of other OS's I have used. My rule is if it's not broke don't fix it. However, if
    everyone says the official is faster, better battery and newer clean cool features then for sure I will give
    it a try. So the release date doesn't mean all that much to me. When ever that date is. It only
    matters to me if it is better then 1925 and will it improve the over all enjoyment. The release, being
    that it will be 1925 (going on assumptions posted here and elsewhere) and only time will tell. I just
    want to thank the hard core users on Crackberry for making my choice easier. You have to
    admire the leakers for putting up with some of the childish remarks (made by a declining few,
    thank God) and bringing us the chance to test our choice way before any carrier even thinks
    about it. We are a lucky bunch for having this privileged of choice. Sure leaks are not perfect
    but most understand there will be a few little bugs here and there. I must be doing EVERYTHING
    right or just lucky as hell because every leak I have installed has (with the exception of a few quirks)
    has been a heck of a lot better then the carriers release. I think the problems people have with
    leaks are mostly self inflicted. Taking a short cut sometimes works but sometimes it doesn't.
    I install all my OS's from scratch and have yet to have a big issue. Besides all of that because
    I am getting of subject a little. Can't wait to see the official release and what it may bring
    to my z10 STL-100-3. This is still GREAT NEWS! Hmmm.. 10.3... lol

akawarrior..
    Last edited by akawarrior; 01-21-14 at 09:49 AM.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    01-21-14 07:56 AM
174 12345 ...