I'm just getting my first BB now, at age 17. Before this I had used a Dash, a Sidekick LX, and finally a G1. I guess with a more mature mind and the fact that I'm entering college, I want a device that appeals to a more mature audience.
    08-08-09 07:49 PM
    I have said this in other posts on this subject but I will not let my kids have a BB as their first phone just cause a first phone is spose to be for being able to get a hold of your child when they are out with friends and such. If my kid has the money for a BB and shows me that they deserve one then maybe I will get the a BB. But I think BB are more than a phone and a teenager in high school only needs a phone not a BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 08:57 PM
    I definitely wanted the higher end phones when i was a teen, but now that I think about it, I really had no use for all the added features, and definitely didn't have the money to pay for it. I mean when you are still in high school, how much do you really need email, a browser, etc on a phone? I don't know.
    08-08-09 09:15 PM
    most teens dont have the capacity to drive and pay attention to the road, much less drive and ignore their blackberrys. i've been to too many accidents as a result of texting and driving, or talking on the phone and driving, or really anything to do with a phone. BB's are awesome phones but I think you really need some self control to have one and be behind a wheel. if you have that then i think its perfectly acceptable for a teen to have as its a new technology that can help them be organized and stay ahead of the game. however, if they do not have that self control, then they really shouldn't have one as its a danger to other people, me, and my family.

and before you get all preachy with me, i'm 25, a police officer, and a father. its not like i'm "out of touch" with my childhood... i was a teen 6 years ago. lol

and responding/adding to what jakrip said... granted my daughter is 2 weeks old right now (lol) but when she is older and going out with friends I certainly dont mind getting her a smartphone or whatever is in then because it can be used to stay in contact and keep tabs on where she is thanks to GPS
    08-08-09 09:22 PM
    OP; Why aren't we like, best friends. I'll send you a PM with my PIN!
    And obviously I think BlackBerry's are for teens. Even their marketing shows they WANT them to be. All the ads have Facebook on it, and about every Disney show you watch; one of the characters uses a Berry. Miley uses her real Bold in HM, she updated Twitter from the show once, it's on TV. But anyways, I'm sick of people saying "Kids should have to work for everything, and not expect everything to be handed to them." NOTHING is handed to me, I mow the lawn, clean the house, take care of the pets, and just pretty much anything my mom asks me to do. Just because my family may have more money than the average one, people on here seem to think I; and others like myself are wrong for spending it. That's what angers me.
    08-08-09 09:29 PM
    And also, did I start the whole "BlackBerry's are for Teenagers too" thing in the signatures?!
    08-08-09 09:32 PM
    Honestly to them blackberries are the new sidekicks
    You ain't never lie. But they better be prepared to handle the bill because there are no prepaid blackberry plans.
    08-08-09 11:49 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD