Long story short, dropped my pearl in a puddle. It was on when it was in the puddle, turned it off as quickly as possible. I saw those guides here about the bag of rice, and it's seemingly all dried out now, except the OP/L/DEL keys now type two letters at once, making it impossible to type, as well as delete what i've typed. I have a feeling this is a permanent problem - any suggestions? Do I need a new phone?

Thank you in advance
    12-28-08 04:43 PM
    Take it into a local repair shop. They may be able to clean some of th liquid damage. Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 04:52 PM
    Try canned air.

claire
    12-28-08 05:14 PM
    If you have insurance on the phone get the replacement.
    12-28-08 05:37 PM
    Even better, if the white sticker in the battery compartment didn't turn red and is still white, get a replacement through warranty.
    12-28-08 06:14 PM
    Even better, if the white sticker in the battery compartment didn't turn red and is still white, get a replacement through warranty.
    Even if the sticker is white, when they open the device and it is determined this was due to water damage the carriers can charge you retail for the replacement device. It may be best to put in a insurance claim if the OP has it..

12-28-08 06:34 PM
    Even if the sticker is white, when they open the device and it is determined this was due to water damage the carriers can charge you retail for the replacment device.

That's when being a good liar comes in. Once I sent my Curve back eventhough my sticker was red. They sent me the phone back trying to charge me the retail. I simply called back and said that the sticker is white. They didn't even sit and argue it with me. All they had me do was put a note on my account, go to a corporate store and have an employee call and say it was white. I know the guy down the street from my work that works there, he called, and they didn't even ask for the phone back.
    12-28-08 06:37 PM
    Of course I don't recommend anybody do the above. All I say is that these companies make a lot of money so small things like this won't affect them. Keep the customer happy that's all.
    12-28-08 06:38 PM
    That's when being a good liar comes in. Once I sent my Curve back eventhough my sticker was red. They sent me the phone back trying to charge me the retail. I simply called back and said that the sticker is white. They didn't even sit and argue it with me. All they had me do was put a note on my account, go to a corporate store and have an employee call and say it was white. I know the guy down the street from my work that works there, he called, and they didn't even ask for the phone back.
    Yes it is possible to get away with that but the carriers will read you this disclaimer when doing a warranty exchange. The OP needs to be aware of what is possible. Just because it happened to you doesn't mean it will happen to everybody else. I doubt you will be picking up the tab if the OP gets charged back.

12-28-08 06:41 PM
    Yes it is possible to get away with that but the carriers will read you this disclaimer when doing a warranty exchange. The OP needs to be aware of what is possible. Just because it happened to you doesn't mean it will happen to everybody else. I doubt you will be picking up the tab if the OP gets charged back.

Check out my post below my first one. Plus I told him "if the sticker is still white."
    12-28-08 06:43 PM
    Check out my post below my first one. Plus I told him "if the sticker is still white."
    Yeah I saw your post. It still doesn't matter if the stickers is still white. That why I typed these post. When the device is opened and they see water damage, they can void that warranty. Like I said, I doubt you will be picking up the OP's tab if it backfires.

12-28-08 06:47 PM
    Yeah I saw your post. It still doesn't matter if the stickers is still white. That why I typed these post. When the device is opened and they see water damage, they can void that warranty. Like I said, I doubt you will be picking up the OP's tab if it backfires.

The OP asked for suggestions. I gave the OP a suggestion. Never told the OP to actually do it. It was a suggestion.
    12-28-08 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD