My Bold caught a bug from a very malicious rootkit/malware program on my PC. The bug spreads itself via wifi network in the firmware, so you can't see what's going on.

There's a myth that these things don't get viruses. Well, mine did. It's not a lagging issue. It's not a performance issue. It blocks Anti Virus sites, when I downloaded anti virus programs they'd disappear. Further investigation showed several "hidden" files and my service books routing through servers that did NOT trace back to blackberry.

Believe me or not as you wish. But I just had to replace 2 computers and a BBerry.
    04-06-11 02:20 PM
    Really you bought new hardware?? Spyware can be cleaned. Virus can be delt with. I fix computers all the time for people who say they are broken and need to buy knew ones. And blackberry OS is not like windows OS. Spyware won't run on both. Can be spread buy a blackberry but not run on it. Next time you find a problem here's your best friend. Google. Someone else has had problem before and there is always a fix.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-11 02:28 PM
    I choose not to believe you. But thanks for playing anyways.
    04-06-11 02:28 PM
    blackberrytrucker in correct. The same virus' and malware that attack Windows CAN NOT run on a BlackBerry.

Computer DO NOT need to be replaced just because of a virus.

I too choose not to believe you.
    04-06-11 02:39 PM
    blackberrytrucker in correct. The same virus' and malware that attack Windows CAN NOT run on a BlackBerry.

Computer DO NOT need to be replaced just because of a virus.

I too choose not to believe you.
    Absolutely. There is no way a Windows virus or any other Windows software could run on a BB. The OS's are in no way compatible.
    04-06-11 05:30 PM
    Good lord, you replaced 2 computers for a virus? Wow, that's all I have for that one.
    04-06-11 05:36 PM
    My BB just told me that he has a cold. I gave him some soup and tucked him in his bed. I hope I don't have to euthanize him.

04-06-11 05:37 PM
    My BB just told me that he has a cold. I gave him some soup and tucked him in his bed. I hope I don't have to euthanize him.

Nice one Mr one.
    04-06-11 05:38 PM
    Mass storage devices can get viruses noob. --;

04-06-11 05:42 PM

Yes, I agree but any virus that, may or may not, somehow get to your SD card could never cross connect to your Berry OS. Noob.
    04-06-11 05:56 PM
    I feel bad for you having to replace two PC's and a berry because of this, when you could have searched for some answers and save yourself quite a bit of money.

04-06-11 06:03 PM
    My Bold caught a bug from a very malicious rootkit/malware program on my PC. The bug spreads itself via wifi network in the firmware, so you can't see what's going on.

There's a myth that these things don't get viruses. Well, mine did. It's not a lagging issue. It's not a performance issue. It blocks Anti Virus sites, when I downloaded anti virus programs they'd disappear. Further investigation showed several "hidden" files and my service books routing through servers that did NOT trace back to blackberry.

Believe me or not as you wish. But I just had to replace 2 computers and a BBerry.
    Yeah, because it must be that window's kernel is written in java or the blackberry runs any version of C, what a piece of sh!t thread.

Not to mention that computers dont need to be replaced when they get viruses.

Can you even post any substantial proof? Screenshots? What ips did you trace? what did you use to trace them? Antivirus software? downloaded antivirus and disappeared on the blackberry? What the h3ll are you even talking about?

Limit to prevent users with less than 10 posts from creating threads anyone? lol

And you? you are even worse than the OP. A virus only runs if the operating system lets it run. Guess what? A virus cant run if it doesnt have an operating system to handle its calls, guess again, the blackberry OS is written in another different language than that of windows. Guess again? you are the phucking nub.

Sure, they can get a virus when you plug it in to an infected computer, take it off, plug it in in a mac, the virus doesnt do anything, take it off, put it on linux, doesnt do anything either, take it off, put it on windows, it eats the whole OS. Lesson to learn? every operating system is different. Lesson #2, a virus only runs in the operating system it was designed for. Wanna guess again? you cant compile a malicious software on windows and have it run in the blackberry ;] or the other way around. The only reason why you can run apps in the blackberry created in windows its because RIM provides a development kit that compiles the program exactly the way the blackberry OS "reads" it. Throw a .jar made for windows in the blackberry, and have fun making it run.

Oh wait, that means the OP managed to run the blackberry OS on the computer? or windows on the blackberry? DAYYUM BRO, i call that skills
    Last edited by gbsn; 04-06-11 at 06:56 PM.
    04-06-11 06:31 PM
    Yeah windows safe mode has been a savior of mine. Two little boys who don't listen and download pokemon crap that comes w all kinds of little bonuses hehehe!!!!

04-06-11 06:31 PM
    I'd be embarrassed to say I replaced 2 computers because of viruses. I bet the sales agent was like "Woot, gonna buy a new pair of shoes after this..."
    04-06-11 07:20 PM
    I'm going to close this thread, not to stop debate (there is no debate), but so that it will drop off the forums, before another unknowing user sees the first post and quotes it as gospel. There's really nothing else that can be said beyond what the users above have already posted. The OP was mistaken and very likely misled.
    04-06-11 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD