What do Blackberries taste like?
    If you've never had one they're very sweet when ripe, when they aren't fully matured they taste rather bitter. Blackberries ripen mid summer-early fall. Maybe there are some parallels to be drawn from nature. With BlackBerry World in May, and by exention the announcement of the BlackBerry 10 SDK's Evolution from Beta to Gold we may well be seeing a a natural growth as BB10 ripens. With all the talk of finished hardware it makes me wonder.

The BlackBerry 10 SDK Beta schedule looks like the following:

R4: May SDK Beta Release (first beta)
    R6: July SDK Beta Release (just launched)
    R8: September SDK Beta Release (API Freeze, Binary Compatible with Gold)
    R9: October SDK Beta Release (bug fixes)
    R10: November Gold SDK Release (bug fixes)
    When are Apples ripe for picking? Apples trees blossom in Spring and are ripe and ready by Fall. With talks of a September release, and the companies history of a fall release for its iPhone. It makes me wonder.

BlackBerry 10 as Heins says has a much larger scope than smartphones and tablets. So it's almost like a new BlackBerry bush, and when released in Spring, it will still need pruning not on the OS or phone side but on that larger scope to help them cultivate:
    BlackBerry 10 will connect users not just to each other, but to the embedded systems that run constantly in the background of everyday life -- from parking meters and car computers to credit card machines and ticket counters.
    //
    BlackBerry 10 is more than just a new smartphone. It's an entirely new way of thinking about BlackBerry -- new software powering new devices and new services. While our competitors update their offerings, BlackBerry 10 will be the only mobile platform built from the ground up with the latest technologies in mind.
    And then with all this talk of "BB10 JAM" it makes you wonder, and I'm not the only one. I'll end with parting words from CNET's Eric M,

Tell you what Thorsten -- I won't count you out just yet, but keep in mind that BlackBerrys typically ripen in the fall. Hopefully you've loaded up on plenty of canning supplies and pectin to keep 'em fresh until spring.
    Does anyone else believe RIM has thoroughly thought out it's aim with their new platform and aren't struggling as much as the media would like us to believe?
    Ben1232 likes this.
    08-14-12 04:55 PM
    I see that Thorsten never says "bb10 will be in stores in January" its always " I am confident...."

This thread is pretty funny.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...elayed-738080/
    Last edited by Ben1232; 08-14-12 at 05:14 PM.
    James Nieves likes this.
    08-14-12 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD