I dug up 2 about screenshots, one of the Tour, one from the Aries. Both from recent blog posts, to compare with the Essex about screen. (They are all CDMA)

Essex http://crackberry.com/yet-another-up...n-niagara-tour

Tour http://crackberry.com/4-7-1-42-next-...lackberry-tour

Aries http://crackberry.com/blackberry-853...specs-revealed

The OS is different, obviously. The cryptographic kernel is higher, as is the branding version and micro edition profile. Now, does that mean anything?
    I have no idea, so I'm going with new browser as the surprise.
    09-15-09 06:42 PM
    The new browser is direct relation to the OS isn't it? Doesn't everyone get a new browser when they upgrade their OS?
    09-15-09 06:45 PM
    I take back my guess. The O/S isn't high enough to suggest a new browser.

I also take back anything to do with LTE, as it would show in the about screen.

As would a new cdma/gsm chipset.

??????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 07:00 PM
    I'm going to say it adds 3G support for american GSM bands as well as worldwide. The comment about being next year making it obvious makes me think LTE, but I don't see any indication of LTE in the picture.

09-15-09 07:01 PM
    see i have heard the e-sex would be out at the end of this year or beginning of next.
    but thats just hear say around here and reading some articles and what not.
    09-15-09 08:51 PM
    Its not, and the answer is pretty simple if you consider the fact that the phone will be out until next year.
    I'm gonna take a stab at this and guess that it's a new type of screen. OLED perhaps?

09-16-09 12:44 PM
    I'm gonna take a stab at this and guess that it's a new type of screen. OLED perhaps?

thats about the only thing i could really see it being also. ive been digging around for shots of all the other phones and i havent noticed any other difference. good guess vdiesel.
    09-16-09 05:19 PM
    how about it being 3G for CDMA AND GSM? The tour is not capable of that.

look at the specs here

RIM BlackBerry Essex Detailed Specs | Technical Specifications | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of PDA, PDA Phone, Smartphone, PNA & Mobile Device Specifications

or am I wrong on this?
    09-16-09 07:33 PM
    Forgive my ignorance but what is LTE?

09-17-09 07:39 AM
    Forgive my ignorance but what is LTE?
    It stands for "Long Term Evolution" (aka 4G) and offers faster speeds than current cellular networks (current speeds are at 3G). Verizon is slowly working on converting their networks over to LTE.
    09-17-09 08:09 AM
    so i am still saying its an accelerometer.
    no more hints?
    09-17-09 04:22 PM
    Cant wait for this phone I think it will be my first BB. HOpefully the wait is not too long.
    09-17-09 09:01 PM
    What's the screen resolution in the photo look like? Is it really high compared to other berries? I'm guessing OLED as well, but I'm wondering if maybe it's a much higher resolution screen that we have not seen yet... Maybe 620x480 or 800x600 or something?

Anyone else confirm this?

09-18-09 10:58 AM
    I am thinking the secret feature might be more memory. Like 512mb or 1GB or something. Maybe more. Just a thought I had.
    09-18-09 03:19 PM
    maybe WiMax??
    09-19-09 09:15 PM
    Ughh ive been looking at that damn picture for hours, comparing it to other berries, especially the tour, waiting for something to jump out at me. So far my only discovery is that this is really frustrating and I am starting to wish I didn't know the ''surprise'' was somehow visible in that pic. My wife, frustrated with the amount of time I've been staring at the picture, took a look, hoping to see something. She believes it to be related to the different shape of the ear speaker. I'll admit it does look different. The essex appears to have some chrome trim above it or something. I dont think it looks like a big surprise though. I hope someone figures this out soon.
    09-21-09 10:32 PM
    I wouldn't obsess over the pic too much. Kevin clearly stated in the post, that he Photoshopped the pic.

Yet Another Upcoming BlackBerry Smartphone: Codename Essex is Next Revision of Niagara (Tour)?! | CrackBerry.com
    09-22-09 05:57 AM
    Oh my god, do you guys really think Kevin sits around photoshopping pics in his spare time? if you are gonna be on a website looking for clues about rumored devices you have to be smart enough to know them when you see them.
    09-22-09 07:28 AM
    I wouldn't obsess over the pic too much. Kevin clearly stated in the post, that he Photoshopped the pic.

Yet Another Upcoming BlackBerry Smartphone: Codename Essex is Next Revision of Niagara (Tour)?! | CrackBerry.com
    just because he possibly could have photoshopped it into his hand doesnt make that device picture fake now does it?
    09-22-09 01:57 PM
    Oh my god, do you guys really think Kevin sits around photoshopping pics in his spare time? if you are gonna be on a website looking for clues about rumored devices you have to be smart enough to know them when you see them.
    I do think he shopped this photo in his spare time when he flat out said, "I want this device a month ago!! In fact, I wantz this device so bad I just photoshop hacked one into my hand!"
    Or you could be smart enough to know when you are looking too much into something also.

just because he possibly could have photoshopped it into his hand doesnt make that device picture fake now does it?
    It makes the photo that he shopped fake. I'm not saying that the Essex won't look like this, because I don't know that. Just as much as you don't know that it will. If anyone has an actual Essex pic, please post it.
    09-22-09 04:35 PM
    Same way he 'photoshopped' the Odin pics/video? lol
    09-22-09 04:37 PM
    I do think he shopped this photo in his spare time when he flat out said, "I want this device a month ago!! In fact, I wantz this device so bad I just photoshop hacked one into my hand!"
    Or you could be smart enough to know when you are looking too much into something also.

It makes the photo that he shopped fake. I'm not saying that the Essex won't look like this, because I don't know that. Just as much as you don't know that it will. If anyone has an actual Essex pic, please post it.
    well he is pretty reliable on the phone pics that he puts up so im guessing thats what its going to look like or he wouldve said this is what it possibly could look like..
    09-22-09 05:24 PM
    I would say the only thing photoshopped in the photo was putting it in his hand (since he probably doesn't have one).

The description says someting about an orientation sensor, so I'm guess that is an accelerometer. THe only other thing I could think of is an OLED screen.
    09-22-09 06:42 PM
    ha ha, i forgot about the storm 2 video, yeah not only is he a photoshop master, he is also well versed in computer animation... Wonder why RIM took that down since it wasn't real...

Whatever, I give up, I guess if people didn't believe it, RIM would still take it down, so thanks for that, ha ha.
    09-22-09 07:49 PM
    You guys crack me up. I guess every photo that shows up in the forums are real. I'll concede now just so the discussion is dropped.
    09-22-09 07:55 PM
117 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD