Hello all

So i am seeing on the news&rumors section that there is going to be a new blackberry tour 2 or essex.

So i dont know if i should wait till the new blackberry essex comes out or get the tour right now because i want to upgrade but im on sprint.

I would like to wait for the essex which is going to be better
    but will it be on sprint or will it not be there anymore so that probably next year when it comes out i can upgrade it to essex instead of the tour that is out right now

OMG! Thank U!! so i guess i will wait till the essex comes out since it will be so much better than the tour thatts out right now and well from wat i have read they will have it for sprint next year great!!
    Last edited by cmbasurto; 09-01-09 at 10:51 PM.
    09-01-09 04:43 PM
    huh???????
    09-01-09 05:09 PM
    huh???????
    LOL!

This reply is not less than 10 characters.
    09-01-09 05:22 PM
    Supposedly its direct towards Sprint. Sprint recently said they wont be purchasing anymore non wi-fi smartphones which is when tour2 (essex) started being talked about... Doesn't seem any features will change other then the addition of wi-fi so possibly a first quarter '10 release
    09-01-09 06:06 PM
    I'm thinking the E-sex will be out by christmas. Waiting doesn't hurt unless you really hate what you're using now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 06:12 PM
    Wait, because no matter how bad what you have now is, you will hate the Tour. It has the worst trackball of an any Berry made. I can't stand it.
    09-01-09 07:09 PM
    Wait, because no matter how bad what you have now is, you will hate the Tour. It has the worst trackball of an any Berry made. I can't stand it.
    It is the worst to you... I absolutely love my tour and mine has had no problems...really the only thing to decide on is if you need wifi or not

09-01-09 07:27 PM
    you may have a bad one, but I for one LOVE this Tour! Its by far the best CDMA Blackberry on the current market
    09-01-09 07:35 PM
    Go to Verizon and get a 9630, hands down, no question!!
    The one I purchased is flawless along with other in the family who have purchased the device.

Simply drop everything and pick up the network!
    09-01-09 07:36 PM
    RIM will not launch the Essex months after the Niagara came out. No way. The Essex is NOT coming out this year.
    09-01-09 08:24 PM
    RIM will not launch the Essex months after the Niagara came out. No way. The Essex is NOT coming out this year.
    correct. this will most likly be next summers launch. the only other CDMA phone that will be out this year is storm 2, thats it
    09-02-09 10:05 AM
    If you can wait, then wait.

Just remember...after the trackpad qwerty wifi essex comes out ... The trackpad qwerty wifi touchscreen will come out a few months later...

>=)

09-02-09 10:08 AM
    I'll tell you this. The Essex is not just a Tour + Wifi.
    09-02-09 10:13 AM
    Will it have a touch screen? If it does I'd pay retail for it.

09-02-09 10:19 AM
    How much of a say does RIM have in when devices launch? I would think this would be more up to the carriers. Of course they have to work with the manufacturer when choosing a release date, but I would think the carriers would have more say.
    09-02-09 11:54 AM
    Well, it takes both parties to release a device. RIM can make one and have it finished, but if no carriers want it.... But these days with so many exclusives, the manufacturers are pretty much making the phones for the carriers.
    09-02-09 12:02 PM
    Sinternet, do you what the expected release date time frame is for the Essex?
    09-02-09 02:44 PM
    Sinternet, do you what the expected release date time frame is for the Essex?
    The phone just started to be tested last month so who knows. I was rooting for 1Q but that's not happening. Hope for 2Q.
    09-02-09 03:47 PM
    Got proof, Sinternet, JR?
    09-02-09 05:35 PM
    I agree with Sinternet. I remember seeing some buzz about how RIM plans on including an extra feature or two into the Essex. (Probably to set it apart from the Tour even more.) I just picked up a Tour 2 nights ago and love it!

I could care less what extra feature that is, unless its a touchscreen with quertypad.
    09-02-09 07:33 PM
    The Essex has a Trackpad. Other than wifi and the updated OS its a Tour.
    09-02-09 10:31 PM
    It's also rumored that it might have a 5 mp camera but idk how much better that is than the 3.2 the tour has now

09-03-09 11:20 PM
    i was looking at invisibleskinz.com and they already have a skin for a tour 9650. is that the essex? and is its release closer than we think? they also have skins for onyx, storm 2, and atlas. can anyone shed some light?
    09-03-09 11:56 PM
    Wow, so if your saying it will have touch screen, and wi-fi, that means it will actually be similar to what I have now, the sch-i760!! YEE HA!
    09-10-09 11:43 PM
    A month or 2 ago, radio said something to the effect of 'There is a cdma berry in the pipeline that blows even the Onyx away'. I wonder if this is the one he meant? If so, it would definitely be more than just a tour with wifi.

09-11-09 05:14 AM
117 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD