So my phone works fine...But theres times where the screen will go black...And if I tweak the phone a little bit (twist it) the screen will come back on. Now it's getting to the point where I rarely get the screen to come back. Something lose in there? I took it apart 3 different times down to the bone, and I can't see anything out of the ordinary. Heres a video of what Im talking about.

View My Video
    09-19-10 01:47 AM
    Anything? I figured it was just something loose but when I took it apart I couldn't find anything loose. so. Any help would be appreciated.
    09-19-10 01:43 PM
    I have just had my Storm I screen shut down and not function. It is black but I know the phone functions because I can receive calls and can use voice activated dialing to get some calls out.

Pulled off the hybrid I was running, reloaded .328... No soap. Pulled all applications, backed it up... Blew out dust.. No deal.. Full wipe and reload.. .328 - No glory... Reload .419, then .797 - Same results..

Keep in mind I have kept the device in near perfect shape since turning it on... case, screen protector, dropped it one time from a distance of less than 12 inches, and no contact with water... However, I have used this device heavily as my business phone and it has been FULLY utilized.

This is a hardware issue and will warrant a call to the Verizon folks Monday morning and a shipment of a replacement to me.. Sorry could not be of any help other than - look at hardware failure.
    09-19-10 02:01 PM
    So my phone works fine...But theres times where the screen will go black...And if I tweak the phone a little bit (twist it) the screen will come back on. Now it's getting to the point where I rarely get the screen to come back. Something lose in there? I took it apart 3 different times down to the bone, and I can't see anything out of the ordinary. Heres a video of what Im talking about.

View My Video
    Too bad you took apart your phone. Sounds like a hardware issue that your warranty would have covered.
    09-19-10 02:08 PM
    No warranty, no insurance, no worries lol....I consider myself somewhat handy when it comes to phone assembly but, I just couldn't find anything. Very strange. Obviously the screen WORKS, the phone WORKS, and like I said all the phone needs is a little twist for the screen to come up, therefore something has to be loose in there.
    09-19-10 06:00 PM
    yep definably a "hardware" problem but since you don;t have insurance,warranties ect, you might be ale to take it to a repair shop see if thy can see if it is in fact "loosened" and they can put whatever crap they put on motherboards to get them to stay in place.

GOOD LUCK
    09-19-10 07:08 PM
    alright thanks everyone...I'll take her apart one more time and take a better look at every little thing.. haha ..thanks
    09-19-10 08:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD