I am trying to add contacts with no luck.

I am trying to get a contacts with people who already have it working. The result is always pending on both sides!!! We have tried it by PIN and email. We have pulled the battery. We both have Data plans. Does anyone have another solution?
    02-24-09 10:14 AM
    this may be a silly question...but wen you send a request to add as a contact do you and the other person accept so then you can add to your contacts?
    02-24-09 10:18 AM
    I am trying to add contacts with no luck.

I am trying to get a contacts with people who already have it working. The result is always pending on both sides!!! We have tried it by PIN and email. We have pulled the battery. We both have Data plans. Does anyone have another solution?
    Do both users have any working BBM contacts fully setup and working? This would prove that BBM is good on your phones, and no problems in account provisioning.

BBM has had a few problems recently with a complete outage about 1 wweek ago, and persistent reports (like your report) in the last few months from users that it is difficult or impossible to establish 2-way communication. The impact seems to be random. Subjectively it seemed to get worse following each new phone release then recovered a little until the next release, so I suspect we can blame all the users with new toys overloading the system by setting up too many contacts in a short period. The failures mostly impact links between users with different cellular providers which seems to suggest it's a network problem, probably overloading back at RIM's hub.

We're having a similar problem here on CB, with the servers struggling handle the load when the whole of USA and Europe is online. It's not too bad until US left coast wakes but then it goes sick until Europe and east US start going to bed. Simple overloading.
    02-24-09 11:19 AM
    Yes we both accept each others requests but it stays pending.

The people i am trying to add have BBM and use it with no problem.
    02-24-09 11:47 AM
    Try to add the contact's PIN to your address book, for that contact.
    02-24-09 11:51 AM
    Tried that
    02-24-09 12:35 PM
    I am having the same issue. Any resolve to this issue?
    02-24-09 01:22 PM
    Click the link in my signature.
    02-24-09 01:26 PM
    If you have tried the adding to contacts first with the pin included and then selecting them from the contact list instead of use once the only thing I can think of is having your contact try to do the same and add you....... That fix has always worked from what I can tell. Best of luck...
    02-24-09 01:26 PM
    yea, we have tried all three ways from both sides with no luck.
    02-24-09 01:56 PM
    Very odd. Are you on the most up to date OS for your phone?
    02-24-09 01:59 PM
    not sure, i have only had the phone a month or so. How would i know?
    02-24-09 02:34 PM
    Options>about will tell you your os as well as hitting alt - shift - H
    02-24-09 02:36 PM
    i had the same problem until i upgraded my OS...
    02-24-09 02:36 PM
    When I was on the OS that came with my phone originally the workaround (adding to contact list worked for me) when I upgraded the OS the issue was resolved.
    02-24-09 02:38 PM
    How do i upgrade my OS?
    02-25-09 07:11 AM
    See the sticky messages at the top of the appropriate message board for your phone.
    02-25-09 05:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD