So tonight, witch i think is pretty funny i was standing in the bathroom after having a few beers and i was checking my blackberry the same time i was taking a pee. I said to my self it would be pretty funny if i dropped my blackberry in the toilette which i didn't at the time. So i went back drinking after a few more beers i was like i need to go for a ****, so i hall out the black berry and check if any of the laddie friends have msged and slip, the blackberry goes right in the toilette as fast as it went it it came out and all i could do is laught wtf you only live once no point to get mad i was was washing my hands and laughing my *** off. After i went downstairs and told everyone all i could do is laugh and say wow i remember on crackberry telling me to stick it in a bag of rice which i did hahahhahhaahh how loong do you think my black berry is going to survive. Thanks for reading hope the bag of rice works because the black berry is my life but if it doesnt or ******* well. Good night everyone well good day to the people that are having a good time :P....
    01-31-09 10:08 PM
    I hope it works! If it fires up in 24/48 hours then good deal. Long term possible corrosion issue but who knows....... See what happens in a day or so. Good luck..
    01-31-09 10:14 PM
    What a funny story. My question to you is it difficult to type and aim at the same time when drunk?
    01-31-09 10:14 PM
    lol

did this happen right now? it seems like you are drunk typing...

01-31-09 10:22 PM
    Yea you do seem drink lmao, your story is pretty bizaare if not repulsive

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 10:29 PM
    OMG! You must have written this drunk! Leave the berry on the counter next time you use the bathroom!
    Hope it works in the morning! Good luck
    01-31-09 10:35 PM
    Yes i hope all is well in the morning. and yes I am drinking, yes aim is really really hard while you are drinking hence why i dropped it but i can't really remember . I hope it works in the morning my curve is my life. it ended up in lock mode every time it i tried to get out it ended back there and it kept flickering for some reason so i pulled the battery and stuck it in a bag of rice.

Cheers
    01-31-09 10:44 PM
    DONT put the battery in AT ALL until it is 100% dry or you could fry it
    01-31-09 10:48 PM
    dont put the battery in rice or the phone till its dry?
    01-31-09 10:50 PM
    I would do what Benz says!
    Like the new pic Benz
    01-31-09 10:55 PM
    I hope the spell check works...
    01-31-09 11:17 PM
    HaHa thinking that part of his phone has damage!
    01-31-09 11:23 PM
    HaHaHa I totally agree. Let's hope...
    01-31-09 11:38 PM
    Its all about the law of attraction. What you think is going to happen. You thought it would be fuuny if you dropped in the toilet and guess what.... Still hope it works for you. GL

01-31-09 11:51 PM
    Hope it still works but even sober texting/peeing is a bad combo looking for trouble.

01-31-09 11:57 PM
    HaHa thinking that part of his phone has damage!
    Sush i hope the whole phone works hahaha if not im going to be 549.99 plus tax in debt hahah casue going to firefighting schhool and this being my only way in keeping in contact with everyone is going to suck
    01-31-09 11:57 PM
    This is why I don't take my phone out of my pocket at the bar until after I leave the bathroom!! That, and I'm anal as **** about germs and ****!

02-01-09 12:14 AM
    i texted and peed with my old phone, it was that dumb phone from verizon that you could submerge in water, wont be trying my luck with my storm though.
    02-01-09 05:09 AM
    Yep, so the phone is still in the bag of rice there is a bunch of condensation inside of the screen. My father put the battery in this morning when i was asleep which could possibly have ruined it. Hope it still works, how long do you think i should keep it in the bag of rice?
    02-01-09 01:20 PM
    bro, it's never gonna work the same again---you might as well just buy another phone
    02-01-09 01:48 PM
    Pfffft at all the haters :P j/k. IT WORKS mhms just boooted it up works fine, looks like there is still a bit of water under the screen. Its back in under the hair dryer for now.
    02-01-09 03:44 PM
    Ouch. Water under the screen? Sounds like some serious water damage. If it works for you and your still happy with it, then your good to go. Water under the screen, or any water damage at all on my new 8900 would drive me nuts. I would probably try to sell it for a new one. If you are still in the 14 day return period, I would fully dry it out until there is no visible H2o and then send it back for a full refund or exchange it for a new one (as long as they can't prove you dropped it in water).

When I think about it, you would probably be a good candidate for an otterbox weather-proof hard case (I want one for myself, considering how often my phones get damaged). Until I get a screen protector and a hard case, my 8900 gets carried around in the OEM pouch and that goes inside a plastic baggie.
    Last edited by icaro2000; 02-01-09 at 04:30 PM.
    02-01-09 04:27 PM
    The problem with using the phone before it is fully dry is it can then short circut (that is fry itself), and then it's no good. Also over time damage can become evident as the moisture does it's dirty work. Dryer, ok, worth a shot, BETTER another day or 2 in some new rice. Do NOT use the phone, until your are faurly certain it is dry.
    02-01-09 05:18 PM
    OMG unbelievable. Dude, I seriously hope it works. I guess there's an addition to the "Don't drink and drive" rule... Don't drink and Blackberry!

02-01-09 07:48 PM
    Don't drink and Blackberry!
    Don't check your im's while peeing is more like it hahah :P.

Its been a little over 24 hours and it was under the hair dryer and in rice for most of it and its working 100% no hitches
    02-01-09 09:23 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD