Hello,

I recently bought Verizon unlocked BB 9630 CDMA+GSM (3G, CDMA) The phone was working fine initially later it started showing SOS signal only at my residence and couple of other locations. I was informed by the help desk the sim has got corrupted so I replaced the sim but found no luck with it. When I put the sim in a Nokia phone it works just fine. When I move out the house to the next block I get a good signal. Initially I thought it is a problem with network service provider Airtel India so I switched to Vodafone India but the problem persists. I have upgraded the software and tried various other permutation/combinations. Does anyone have a solution for it?

Last option seems to be replacing the phone but why would the SOS or phone not work only at certain location? Confirmed no jammer as the network is available on other phones.

Swapnil
    07-14-12 09:35 AM
    For whatever reason, it isn't getting a signal from your carrier's network.
    07-14-12 10:19 AM
    Have you called your carrier? Maybe they can send someone out to test their
    signal at your location and if it is found to be lacking recommend a solution(s).
    07-14-12 10:49 AM
    Try manual selection of network. When you scan this should at least show which network is being selected, and whether Airtel is even detected at the bad location.

I have a plausible but completely unproved theory... The phone is ex-Verizon and the "Verizon preferred network roaming" list away from Verizon's network could be programmed into the software, or still cached from its days on Verizon. If a network with higher preference in the list (or a CDMA signal if you have one in India) is detected the phone will try to jump to the priority network - which is not accepted by your SIM.
    louzer and amazinglygraceless like this.
    07-14-12 12:42 PM
    yeah i had this problem a while back. called my carrier and they explained how my phone was losing signal randomly from the towers and suggested doing a battery pull. haven't had an issue since.
    07-14-12 02:34 PM
    my bold does it when you're out of singal from that carrier but in the SOS network so if you have to make an emergancy call you can, all androids and iphones do it also
    07-14-12 05:42 PM
    If your Blackberry is unlocked and working and you are getting the SOS screen from time to time then you need to find out where the problem is..

You have tried to use your SIM card with another device, right? and no problems.. so i think that the problem is with the SIM slot of your unlocked Blackberry... try to put something (some paper) on the sim card to make it more less slim and see if it helps..
    It can also be related to the network / carrier, so try to make the selection of your mobile network selected manually instead of automatic.
    07-15-12 07:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD