For many legacy BB users, BIS is one of the main reasons for not upgrading to BB10 is due to its compression, security and ability to function even with the crappiest GPRS signals (like at the peak of Kilimanjaro or the remote Galapagos islands). These characteristics make BIS well suited for the multi-country business traveller. BB should make BIS a separate subscription paid app if that is possible running on BB10 and even cross platform maybe.
    11-09-14 09:04 PM
    Nope
    11-09-14 09:07 PM
    For many legacy BB users, BIS is one of the main reasons for not upgrading to BB10 is due to its compression, security and ability to function even with the crappiest GPRS signals (like at the peak of Kilimanjaro or the remote Galapagos islands). These characteristics make BIS well suited for the multi-country business traveller. BB should make BIS a separate subscription paid app if that is possible running on BB10 and even cross platform maybe.
    I agree. Like a vpn app or Onvato app available on Android/iPhone. What that app does is - compress all your data. BlackBerry (in a sense) provided same service to all BlackBerry devices in form of BIS.

Now that BIS is not required, they could make the same service (data compression etc) available in form of a paid app, for those that still want it.

I suppose users in developing countries would very much love an app that reduces their data consumption by over 50%! And this is optional. For those that don't need it, don't need to subscribe or buy this app.

Same way as VPN subscriptions work.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 09:13 PM
    Why would I pay to have my messages truncated due to size?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 09:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lol.
    11-09-14 09:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Trololololo

Posted via CB10
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    11-10-14 01:26 AM
    I agree with OP, making BIS avaliable for BB10 devices will definitely win back some of the lost sheep. Some of you who think BIS has no future in modern mobile sphere should critical think why Opera is investing massively in OpereMax that compresses data for all apps instead of only browser. I support the idea of optional BIS as paid app, BIS is still relevant in some countries.

Posted via CB10
    Zirak likes this.
    11-10-14 03:10 AM
    BIS is the reason why I can use mobile internet inside my house and not only WiFi

Our network coverage in the Alps is crazy weak...soooo count me in !

p.s. it would be nice to get automatically premium BBM features for BB10 BIS subscribers

just my 2 cents

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    11-10-14 03:22 AM
    They should follow the BBM example and make BIS cross platform. My iphone was terrible last weekend, literally useless. My wife's 9790 didn't miss a beat.

Anybody that travels out in the countryside knows the value of BIS.
    11-10-14 09:48 AM