Hi guys, im relativley new to the blackberry, only having had mine for 2 days XD and one thing i saw caught my attention.

There was a video on youtube showing someone "hacking" i guess the BB to get free internet without a data plan or wifi, it had something to do with opera min or soemthing along those line. Im not exactly sure what they did.

My question is, is it still possible to do this? and if it is, are there any serious reprucusions awith attempting this? Will my BB die on me or stop working? I have a Tour so im not sure if you could do it on that. Sorry about all the question lol, this is my first time XD
    05-30-11 07:04 PM
    I think they were able to use the wifi through opera mini.

Not sure If opera works differently now.
    I've heard some people being successful, and some failing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-11 07:14 PM
    I think they were able to use the wifi through opera mini.

Not sure If opera works differently now.
    I've heard some people being successful, and some failing.

Oh i see, could you point me in the direction of any guides or the sort? Oh and do you need wifi to do that? Because the tour sadly doesnt have wifi =(
    05-30-11 07:18 PM
    Here's what I've experienced. Don't know what country you're in but here in the US - I have a disconnected Bold 9000 formerly on AT&T, now just a paperweight, and thru my WiFi I can browse on not only the native BB browser, but Opera Mini as well - but ya need WiFi and like you said, your Tour doesn't have WiFi - sorry! - its a no go with the Tour.

05-30-11 08:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD