Hi,

I have a Blackberry Pearl and I am wondering if anyone has had problems connecting to Exchange 2007 by using OWA 2007 and BIS (v2.0)

I can login to OWA perfectly using the following details in a browser:

url: webmail.company.com
    username: DOMAIN\User.Name

However, when I enter this information in BIS, I cannot get access - I get the error "an error occured during email account validation" with the following settings:

Outlook web access url: h t t p s://webmail.company.com

username: DOMAIN\User.Name

mailbox name: blank

I've tried ever combination of the username from blank to User.Name, UserName, User<space>Name and no luck. Even if I put h t t p s://webmail.company.com/owa I get an error (an error could not be established).

Does anyone know what the solution is here? My IT department are telling me to switch to Windows MObile as they know this is working with Exchange 2007 and OWA - i've even borrowed a device to test myself and it worked first time!

It's not helping my fight to get other Blackberry users within the company and switch them away from MS Windows Mobile.

Any help would be appreciated!
    01-21-08 05:28 AM
    I was having a similar problem. I just ended up using the desktop redirector becuase once I got it setup, mail was not delievered instantly.

Couple of tips.

Your Outlook web address seems to be incorrect. If it is truly an exchange account, Exchange should be somewhere in the web address. https://domain.companyname.com/exchange If you have a webmail address it is a POP/IMAP account than you don't have Exchange. Double Check with your IT department.

Each Mailbox has to have a name. I wouldn't leave that blank. It could be your username on your company network or something.

Just my thoughts...
    01-21-08 06:44 AM
    Check out the following:

BlackBerry Search Results

There is a ocmpatibility issue with BIS and MS Exchange 2007. I was not able to set up my mailbox for months. All of a sudden, in Dec, it worked. I don't know if a new service pack for Exchange 2007 did it or not. But now I have my OWA account on BIS and it works fine.

Previous post is correct about the mailbox name and the domain. Verify them. Also, see if you have a custom front end for OWA.
    Last edited by ralarosa; 01-21-08 at 07:52 AM.
    01-21-08 07:50 AM
    I am having the same problem. I was set up with OWA2003 on my BB with BIS and receiving emails fine for 3 months.

Recently it stopped working and I realized that they upgraded to OWA2007 and I had to update my BB account with a new URL

When I did this, I left all other settings the same and I cannot get it to work.

I can't get help from my IT group as only VPs have access to our BES and I am sort of "under the radar" setting this up........any thoughts?
    02-11-09 09:58 AM
    The things I had to do were;

The URL needs to be https://owa(webmail).company.com(net)/exchange (not an address)

Username needs to be domain\username(exactly how you login on a computer)

Password

Mailbox name (I have used the same as the user name)

Also resend your service books before you try and it seems to work better for me. I have also had better luck setting it up on the BIS site Vs. the email setup on the BB.
    02-11-09 12:42 PM
    what if your username has a space?
    03-04-09 08:45 PM
    It just needs to be the same as you would log in to the mailbox on OWA.
    03-05-09 08:25 PM
    You need to put a mailbox name and it needs /something which for 2007 is usually owa

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 09:31 PM
    I am having the same problem, is there any way to get this to work.

Web access URL is mail.orgname.com im entering my user name and password just like I do when accessing via the internet, and I keep getting the message that the address cannot be validated. Any suggestions?
    04-16-09 02:31 PM
    I have this problem as well. I have spoken to the Verizon store twice, Verizon help line and my internal IT on the phone and in person. Still no luck. If I can't make OWA work, it will be a deal killer and the phone will be going back . Maybe somebody has the magic answer now?
    05-17-09 04:18 PM
    Maybe your employer is blocking access. Perhaps you might query your IT department.
    05-17-09 04:21 PM
    Maybe your employer is blocking access. Perhaps you might query your IT department.
    I have spoken to them on the phone and in person. They couldn't make it work either and didn't know why. They were going to look into it and hopefully have an answer tomorrow. Hopeful but not optomistic. I may try to figure out how to create a Gmail acct and make it work together that way. Other option is to try a Windows based device.

Thanks for the reply.
    05-17-09 04:30 PM
    i am having the same problem. i am using the proper url. mailbox name, etc. but it keeps giving me an error.
    06-30-09 10:54 PM
    I was unable to solve the problem so created a GMail acct. The calendar was the critical factor for me and I figured out how to make Outlook and Gmail sync so I can use the calendar and still send the appts wherever necessary.
    07-01-09 06:33 PM
    Hi i had the same problem last week look posted item under owa from frank singh...

with owa and exchange the blackberry BIS is not setup for it and Service providers have to apply a fix... not sure when this is ..

i rang vodafone and they said that the only way to go now on push email is by enterprise and u have to pay for it about �25 per month.

i was pissed off too...

the only phone i know that works with exchange is iphone ..... so i went and set it up and it works..

like u i can get in via browser....

the other problem might be that you have to download the new certificate .... go to mobile settings on blackberry certificates delete the old one and see if it down loads

ta
    07-02-09 05:40 AM
    Hi i had the same problem last week look posted item under owa from frank singh...

with owa and exchange the blackberry BIS is not setup for it and Service providers have to apply a fix... not sure when this is ..

i rang vodafone and they said that the only way to go now on push email is by enterprise and u have to pay for it about �25 per month.

i was pissed off too...

the only phone i know that works with exchange is iphone ..... so i went and set it up and it works..

like u i can get in via browser....

the other problem might be that you have to download the new certificate .... go to mobile settings on blackberry certificates delete the old one and see if it down loads

ta
    07-02-09 05:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD