Hey guys, I've searched the forums and havent found the info I need, so here's my quandary:

I've got my Verizon 8130 Pearl on the BIS with 2 profiles
    Primary is work -syncs with work email/calendar/etc. via outlook 2003

Now I'd like to begin to sync my personal info on my device. GMAIL email and calendar/tasks/etc.

Is this possible?

I've read about the GMAIL sync, but this layman is confused as heck..

Any thoughts??
    01-22-09 08:45 AM
    What are you confused about? Gmail works mostly like every other mail account does. Sorry if I am missing the obvious as all my BB email accounts are "personal". I assumed "work" would make you use BES. IF so, are you wanting to understand the difference between BES and BIS? Happy to help but need better understanding of what info you are looking for.

FYI, you can sync calendar and contacts with Gmail. Didn't notice Gmail tasks or a way to sync them. There are multiple sync options too so I can help there with questions.
    Last edited by bribears; 01-22-09 at 10:25 AM.
    01-22-09 10:23 AM
    Sorry for the confusion. Hopefully I can offer more insight into my question.

I do receive my GMAIL and work email to my device, I use the desktop software on my works machine to sync outlook. What I'd like to be able to do is sync my GMAIL calendar as well. I understand that i can manage multiple calendars on my device, but I'm looking to be able to keep a calendar on my home computer and have it sync with my device so I'm not having to update GMAIL Calendar on my computer and on my device. Is this possible?

Does that clarify? I'm sure it's easier than it seems, but I don't want to take any chances of confusing any settings and loose data at work.

Thanks again!
    01-22-09 10:30 AM
    Do you want both calendars to match each other? Or separate? If separate, do you want them separate on the BB and Outlook or just on the BB?

Here is my current setup so you can see where I'm coming from. There is no way to tell DM\Outlook which BB calendar to sync with which folder in outlook (as far as I know, I couldn't figure it out some combined calendars). I wanted to have my calendar in a place where I could always view it whether it be home, work, BB, traveling, airport, etc so I have my calendar replicate on Google Calendars. Googlesync for BB will sync your contacts and calendar between the BB and Google.

Now, I had an issue with Googlesync on my BB (any calendar entry that I put into Outlook would sync to the BB but not up to Google Calendar. contacts sync perfectly everywhere not matter where you made the change). To resolve this issue I turned off the calendar sync on Googlesync for BB but let the contacts active. I then installed Google Calendar sync on my Outlook PC and have it sync with Google Calendar.

With all that in place my Calendar and Contacts on BB, Google, and Outlook all sync up and match.
    01-22-09 10:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD