I can't get passed by BB bootup screen i don't know how to get passed it since my update.....WTF?!
    05-15-11 09:14 AM
    After being on the phone with Tech Support (ATT, RIM, and then AOL), it seems that there is a problem with AOL servers. (Yes I know AOL sucks but I have to use it!) AOL has been updating their servers and there is still a problem sending an e-mail to yourself (and also to other AOL users). Tech Support said that it should be fixed by tomorrow AM. (I'll keep my fingers crossed!)
    05-15-11 10:49 AM
    After being on the phone with Tech Support (ATT, RIM, and then AOL), it seems that there is a problem with AOL servers. (Yes I know AOL sucks but I have to use it!) AOL has been updating their servers and there is still a problem sending an e-mail to yourself (and also to other AOL users). Tech Support said that it should be fixed by tomorrow AM. (I'll keep my fingers crossed!)
    Interesting that I never got prompted to "update" BIS. I was testing BIS yesterday, and I sent my various pushed email accounts a test email from my home internet connection email address. The AOL one never made it, or so it seemed. Upon closer examination, I saw that the ones I sent to my aol address were in the spam box. Did you check there?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by T�nis; 05-15-11 at 10:59 AM.
    05-15-11 10:57 AM
    Interesting that I never got prompted to "update" BIS. I was testing BIS yesterday, and I sent my various pushed email accounts a test email from my home internet connection email address. The AOL one never made it, or so it seemed. Upon closer examination, I saw that the ones I sent to my aol address were in the spam box. Did you check there?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thanks, but it is not in my SPAM. AOL said that the problem right now is sending e-mails to yourself (and possibly other AOL users.) All other e-mails get sent and received no problem. So the problem appears to be only for AOL users and there probably are not too many AOL users on CB!
    05-15-11 11:01 AM
    should just let it keep going. first bootup after installing new BIS stuff may take extra time to load. i mean, how long was it taking? might take up to 10 mins.
    I had let it sit the first time for about 15-20 minutes until I got really worried and noticed that the screen had gone black (like when the screen goes to sleep if you're not using it) - that has never happened to me on the bootup screen. The LED was red and not blinking. After a few more minutes, no red led anymore and still nothing changing on the bootup screen. So I did the battery pulls then. *shrug*

EDIT: Tried once more. Just let it set. Got passed the bootup screen though.....but only to an "App Error / Reset". Stuck there.
    Last edited by ShoshiOne; 05-15-11 at 12:26 PM.
    05-15-11 11:33 AM
    After pulling what little hair I have left trying to solve this same problem, I just decided to try the latest OS.

I upgraded to the leaked 546 and after rebooting the email setup update worked without stranding me at the white screen with java errors.

BTW I am quite happy with 546 (I used BB Boss to trim it a bit). My 9700 is very snappy now.
    Last edited by lewdvig; 05-15-11 at 03:42 PM.
    05-15-11 03:40 PM
    I am having the same problem with this update. It bricks my phone until I restore it, but it doesnt allow me to add email accounts. It just keeps prompting me to update. Everything else on the phone works fine. I bought this phone for the email capabilities, but if i cant set up email accounts whats the point. I have been updating & resetting & restoring all weekend. Any ideas/suggestions before I toss this phone out the window. Thanks in advance
    05-16-11 12:29 PM
    My 9780 is just hung up on "checking for updates". I can cancel out though. I updated it this morning. But it did not work so I uninstalled through APP Manager and reinstalled using DM. And now it just hangs for the update. No biggie for me yet. But if it bricks the phone, then i might be a bit upset.
    05-16-11 12:51 PM
    My 9780 is just hung up on "checking for updates". I can cancel out though. I updated it this morning. But it did not work so I uninstalled through APP Manager and reinstalled using DM. And now it just hangs for the update. No biggie for me yet. But if it bricks the phone, then i might be a bit upset.
    Works fine now.
    05-16-11 01:13 PM
    Update working well. Never had any issues...

Wonder if this was a prep for 4.0 BIS coming soon?

I can't seem to see what was changed. More likely back end stuff.
    05-16-11 01:21 PM
    I did the upgrade on Saturday afternoon. I had no issues with bricked device or inability to send/receive emails.

Everything has been fine since I upgraded.
    05-16-11 01:25 PM
    Thankfully, I was able to restore my bb to normal. When setting up email, the update showed up. This time there was nothing wrong. The update went smoothly. Don't know why. I did the same as I did the first time. Oh well. My phone is happy now!
    05-16-11 08:37 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD