I just started using the BIS sync capability as opposed to the Google Sync program. While it seems to work when I either add or delete a contact/calendar item, if I update a contact by adding a new number or changing the title of a calendar appointment, it doesn't seem to ever get updated.

Is this normal, is anyone else experiencing this? Or am I doing something wrong?
    12-17-10 05:25 AM
    I had something similar occur when BIS sync first came out. What I did was to change it in google calendar and let it come back to the device and then it worked. I only had a couple of appointments that for what ever reason when I changed them on the device they didn't change to google. Since those couple, I haven't had a problem. <knock on wood>
    12-17-10 05:51 AM
    Is anyone else having this problem? I updated a calendar entry this morning (6+ hours ago) from by BB and the change is not reflected on my google calendar.
    12-20-10 03:42 PM
    I know there is a how to on here about where to go on your blackberry to set the necessary permissions for this to work. Does anyone have a link?
    12-20-10 09:05 PM
    I'm having the same problem. Gmail calendar and my bb calendar, which are set to sync in BIS, are not syncing.

-Stephen
    12-26-10 04:41 PM
    Me too. Would love that link.

MG
    12-28-10 07:26 AM
    BIS Sync is all screwed up for months.

Hopefully things clear up.
    12-28-10 07:29 AM
    mine's a bit sucky. Deleted items from my calendar while i was away about a week ago and the changes still aren't reflected on my phone. Thinking im gonna turn off BIS and go back to the calendar sync app. This is terrible
    01-05-11 10:09 AM
    While Google Sync is a bit quirky at times, it does seem to be a bit more reliable than the BIS sync for many.
    01-05-11 03:06 PM
    I have serious issues with BIS sync to my Google Apps account.

CONTACTS:
    - Duplicated two-thirds of my entries, an impossible situation.
    - When I create an entry on the BB it doesn't sync up to Google.
    - When I edit an entry on the BB it doesn't sync up to Google.

CALENDAR:
    - I am getting all my appointments sync'd but the BB is setting all the times an hour later! To be specific, if I create an appointment in Google at 9am, it'll show up on the BB as 10am (yes, my time zones are setup properly AND this was never a problem when I used "Google Sync"). BUT - when I set a 9am appt on the BB, it shows up as 9am (correctly) on Google.

HELP!!!!!
    09-01-11 05:49 AM
    Gehangin, before I start my technical ranting I'd confess my experience has been into BES sync issues so I am not an expert on the BIS part but, I'd sure attempt to assist in whatever way I may on the situation.

About the duplicated contacts:- Check on the google application/gmail and see if you have ALL the contacts there? If, yes are they duplicated? if they are then this is a database corruption and you would need to
    1) Wipe the device
    2) Keep the device off and first manually delete the duplicated on google and then sync up the device again.

Now, if the database on the server is not messed up then the solution would be to

I would not recommend this process without performing a backup first!

Open the contacts on the BlackBerry
    Press the menu button and choose options
    Type RSET on the keypad
    This would remove all the contacts from your device and ( In case of BES, would restore the data from the server. It may not do so in the case of BIS, depending on the configuration. In that case you need to resync up the contacts from google application itself

Google Sync for your phone

I would still say I am not an expert on this but I really wish to assist you people with this, so backup your data first. I don't have an exact answer to this problem now but with your help we will get to a solution.

About the calendar issues, we will have to reload the database and also check and ensure if the date/time and timezone is setup correctly on the device.
    Last edited by mobibiz; 09-01-11 at 06:19 AM.
    09-01-11 06:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD