I have noticed since switching to the official verizon 7.1 release that my BIS connection is flakey on wifi. Even when i have a strong signal it goes in and out. it also is occurring on both my home and work networks so I don't think this is a router issue. Anyone else see this or have any suggestions?
    01-22-12 02:39 PM
    i would reset the routers anyway.
    01-22-12 02:40 PM
    Same problem. It doesn't happen anywhere else but home. Do I need to add a port for my BB? It's extremely frustrating.
    06-28-12 12:59 PM
    The same issue here.
    Even if I sit right beside the router, that 4-dot icon comes and goes once in a while.
    It might be from RIM's side. ty company. No wonder it collapsed so quick.
    I want to get rid of this ty phone.
    06-28-12 02:06 PM
    the 9900 steel edge block the wifi and radio signal. We'll never have the same radio and wifi signal of the old BB models. The new OS releases seems to be really trying to do something, but , lets face it...its hardware
    06-28-12 02:16 PM
    Any resolution to this problem? It's getting increasingly frustrating. I don't think it's a hardware thing because my wifi won't randomly drop on campus or elsewhere, but at home it drops all the time.
    07-26-12 01:11 PM
    What encryption are you using on your home network vs the networks BIS is stable on?

I have noticed some odd things which may be crypt/AP specific.
    07-26-12 03:19 PM
    For example...

07-26-12 03:29 PM
    So both of those play up?

I use WPA2 Enterprise with Radius for work and that one plays up a lot more than mine at home which runs WPA2 which will normally stay with BIS via Wifi till im out the house and up the road.

You could try dropping to a realy simple crypto on your home wireless and see if it holds the connection any better. It's just a hunch & something I've not had time to play with myself yet.
    07-27-12 04:47 PM
    Just really confused why my brother's 9700 has never had this problem but my 9900 has...

And as you can see, we're running WPA2 Personal at home.
    07-29-12 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD