Is there a way to force BIS to sync my address book? I already have my GMail contacts configured through BIS, but I updated a contact on gmail yesterday and it has yet to sync the change. I am running a Storm on OS 5.0.
    03-31-10 01:52 PM
    Google Sync.

m.google.com/sync

it will sync the calender and addy book.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-10 01:53 PM
    Isn't doing it through BIS better? I use sync for my calendar.
    03-31-10 01:54 PM
    I'm not sure what you are asking for. BIS doesn't always, in a native form, sync contacts.

manage email > google > sync options and see what it says...

I use Google Sync.... works better IMHO.+

================================

and just for the record book EVERYTHING on a BB is done via BIS/BES....

slacker, score me, facebook, twitter .... doesn't matter.... BIS/BES is the substructure that blackberries run on.

03-31-10 02:02 PM
    i downloaded this yesterday for my calender

but i have a problem it wont work i tried to sign in and then it says "logging in" but nothing happens it just stays there; and can i just do my calender only? i dont want to sync my address book i alrealdy do that with windows contacts from when i had my iphone
    03-31-10 02:34 PM
    reboot the phone if you can't log in, i had that issue too. you can either sync the calendar alone, the contacts alone, or both or neither, up to you.
    03-31-10 02:39 PM
    lol i tried just now it and presto

cause i had rebooted my phone after removing some themes this morning so i had a reboot to use
    03-31-10 02:42 PM
    now question you know how you can share calenders with people with google calenders how can i make it so that my wife and i can share our work schedules when we are on seperate gmail accts or do i have to create another calender on my acct and choose when to sync that one?
    03-31-10 02:50 PM
    now question you know how you can share calenders with people with google calenders how can i make it so that my wife and i can share our work schedules when we are on seperate gmail accts or do i have to create another calender on my acct and choose when to sync that one?

Check this out

https://docs.google.com/present/edit...NWY1aGRz&hl=en

03-31-10 02:59 PM
    Check this out

https://docs.google.com/present/edit...NWY1aGRz&hl=en

YOU ARE AWESOME!!! thanks so much if i would have noticed that i prolly would have figured it out. i only looked at it entered an appt and then troed the sync

thanks again im gonna teach my wife how to use google calender and set up an email acct for her
    03-31-10 03:44 PM
    ok i did the request thing bak and forth and i logged out of google sync but now when i go to setup i can find the calender that i added for my wife under her own gmail acct

what am i missing?
    04-02-10 08:17 AM
    ok i did the request thing bak and forth and i logged out of google sync but now when i go to setup i can find the calender that i added for my wife under her own gmail acct

what am i missing?
    after you accept the TOS
    you scroll to the bottom of the all the way to the bottom you you'll see sync these calanders
    click on your email below that
    and you'll see all the calendars tied to yours.

04-02-10 08:29 AM
    got it you are the best!!! its awesome i synced it and my events are blue and my wife's purple this opened up a new door to how we use our BOLD's we are truly crackberry addicts
    04-02-10 09:08 AM
    got it you are the best!!! its awesome i synced it and my events are blue and my wife's purple this opened up a new door to how we use our BOLD's we are truly crackberry addicts
    No problem, yea i've got my email, my wifes, and some friends of mine... makes things really easy for birthday parties, festivals and most importantly local Oktoberfests.

just make sure to use your Google Account to put stuff in, or it won't show up.

04-02-10 10:03 AM
    Hi,
    How do you get these shared calendars to show up in different colours on your BB calendar? I have been sharing calendars with my wife, through google sync, for over a year now and the events only show up the colour of my google calendar.

thanks in advance,
    Lawrence
    04-02-10 11:11 AM
    Hi,
    How do you get these shared calendars to show up in different colours on your BB calendar? I have been sharing calendars with my wife, through google sync, for over a year now and the events only show up the colour of my google calendar.

thanks in advance,
    Lawrence
    Uh, first option is i believe there is an app to do that.

2nd option, uh.... drawing a blank here. I know there's a way.

Wow, this post is unhelpful so far....

I think without the app you can't do it on new OS
    04-02-10 12:29 PM
    Hi,

thanks in advance,
    Lawrence
    Calendar > options > select the calendar you want to change color > press the trackball/pad select the color you want

if you and you wife are sharing one account, you cannot separate her colors from yours, you need to have two separate calendars to do that

04-02-10 12:33 PM
    Just to clarify, I use my gmail account as my primary email/calendar on my blackberry. My wife uses her gmail account as her primary email/calendar on her blackberry. We both use google sync to sync blackberry to google calendar. We share our google calendars. On my google calendar it shows different colours depending on who's calendar the event comes from. When I sync back to my blackberry it only shows the colour of my gmail calendar. I have both calendars listed in google sync.

Was wondering, am I doing something wrong? Is there a better way?

thanks,

Lawrence
    04-02-10 05:12 PM
    this is a dilemma that im having too and also is it a 2 way sync b/c when i try to add a new event on the phone it doesnt show up on google after i do a sync

and my wife's calendar doesnt show up in calendar options with my email accts either to do the color thing

now i have doubles of every event of my calendar in the berry any way to wipe out the calendar and start over?
    Last edited by jr369; 04-05-10 at 07:54 AM.
    04-05-10 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD