Ok,
    I keep getting messages on my BB that I have requested my BIS PW be sent to me. AFAIK, you can only do that if you know someones username or PIN and for the PIN you need to be on the full desktop site. Is anyone else having this problem or should I call Sprint (my provider) about it?
    10-20-09 10:02 AM
    I had the same problem a few months after I got my first BB. I think it happens when someone has a similar user name and doesn't remember it exactly.

For example, someone may usually use JSMITH as their user name but that was already taken so they signed up as J_SMITH. Now they've forgotten their password and keep having it sent to JSMITH. That person would keep getting their password sent to them.

I don't think it's an issue other than the fact that you have several messages on your device with your BIS password. It stopped happening to me after 2 days. Someone may have a different take on how serious it is.

I don't know that Spring will be able to help. Maybe change your password on BIS for a few weeks to be certain there's no issue.
    10-20-09 10:38 AM
    I think sposey has hit the nail on the head, it is probably just a case of mistaken username. AFAIK there is no way to change your BIS username without getting your provider to delete the account and then create a new one :-(
    10-20-09 10:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD