I am on a Torch running 6.0. Wiped the calendars after this happened the first time and did it again, and again when I enabled wireless sync, I got thousands of duplicates, mostly on my recurring events. Ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 06:26 AM
    I s this with a google calendar? I had the exact smae issue, not sure of the technical explanation for wahts causing it, but it's something to do with gmail addresses.

I have a @gmail.com address, but I have had to set my email account on my torch as @googlemail.com. Apparently it's something to do with this as when you receive an invite it is putting an entry for both addresses @gmail and @googlemail. It woud then keep putting more and more duplicates as the day went on.

Anyway since I removed my account and made sure it was setup ast @googlemail.com the problem has sorted itself out.

Hope that makes sense and helps.
    10-19-10 07:44 AM
    BIS 3.2 newly sets to sync with the google calendar wirelessly so yes, that is what I am referring to. Other users have not had to change their email address to use this feature and aren't getting duplicates. What version OS are you using?

10-19-10 10:28 AM
    I'm sure you already thought of this, but you did disable Google Synch right?
    10-19-10 12:21 PM
    I didn't actually have Google Sync installed since I think that's one of the programs that is causing BIS issues on 6.0....
    10-19-10 01:17 PM
    BIS 3.2 newly sets to sync with the google calendar wirelessly so yes, that is what I am referring to. Other users have not had to change their email address to use this feature and aren't getting duplicates. What version OS are you using?

I'm on .246. Ive just upgraded to the torch. I had a bold 9700 before and my calendar went wrong when bis 3.2 was released in UK.

I removed the gmail account so it removed all calendar entried and setup my account again and it's been ok since. Was pain but worked

10-19-10 03:17 PM
    Ok thank you - I'll try that!

10-19-10 04:11 PM
    Only if you're Google calendar online is current and up to date try resetting your BB calendar: On your BB go to options then type RSET.
    10-19-10 04:40 PM
    Is anyone aware of any documentation on this upgrade from either RIM or Google?

I don't want to give up Google sync if BIS 3.2 does not have better functionality nor suffer the inconvenience many have had implementing BIS 3.2. I saw a post that future dates only sync for 12 weeks ahead on BIS 3.2 - while Google Sync is 52 weeks. If so, this is a show stopper for many professionals.

The steps for upgrading from GS to BIS 3.2 need to be communicated - "Trail and Error" implementation should not be used when dealing with personal calendars.

BTW - where are we supposed to talk about BIS in the Crackberry forums? It's not listed in the main categories.

Thanks for any additional info.
    10-19-10 04:41 PM
    I don't even think I have BIS 3.2
    10-19-10 08:48 PM
    I don't even think I have BIS 3.2
    I'd like to know this too. How does one tell from their BB?
    10-19-10 09:36 PM
    Everyone has it since it was done on RIM's side. The only way to tell, really, is go to "setup", select your Gmail email account, and you'll see an option under synchronization to select the calendar. As of the last update, contacts and deleted items were already there. The rest of the changes will be ones that we can't see...

I'd like to know this too. How does one tell from their BB?
    10-20-10 10:52 AM
    I totally agree - there should be a BIS subforum.

I don't want to give up Google sync if BIS 3.2 does not have better functionality nor suffer the inconvenience many have had implementing BIS 3.2. I saw a post that future dates only sync for 12 weeks ahead on BIS 3.2 - while Google Sync is 52 weeks. If so, this is a show stopper for many professionals.

The steps for upgrading from GS to BIS 3.2 need to be communicated - "Trail and Error" implementation should not be used when dealing with personal calendars.

BTW - where are we supposed to talk about BIS in the Crackberry forums? It's not listed in the main categories.

10-20-10 11:01 AM
    Now if they'd update so Yahoo accounts also have all these new sync features I'd be truly happy. Gmail I don't care much about.

Then again, if this update is causing issues, perhaps I shouldn't care for it.
    10-20-10 11:47 AM
    Everyone has it since it was done on RIM's side. The only way to tell, really, is go to "setup", select your Gmail email account, and you'll see an option under synchronization to select the calendar. As of the last update, contacts and deleted items were already there. The rest of the changes will be ones that we can't see...
    Great info, thanks! I just did this and can see that I now have the options to sync my calendar and deleted items (contacts is already checked).

My question is, I've been using Google Sync...should I delete it now and then go back and check off sync calendar in my settings? The last thing I want is to have duplicate issues so what's the best way to avoid this?

Thanks!
    10-20-10 11:54 AM
    My issue is that even without Google Sync installed, I am having a viscious duplicate issue so honestly, for right now, I'd leave "calendar sync" unchecked and stick with Google Sync until we can figure out what the issue is.
    10-20-10 12:30 PM

BlackBerry Internet Service - Manuals and Guides
    10-20-10 12:40 PM
    My issue is that even without Google Sync installed, I am having a viscious duplicate issue so honestly, for right now, I'd leave "calendar sync" unchecked and stick with Google Sync until we can figure out what the issue is.
    Eeeks, OK thanks. I'll hold off and just keep using Google Sync for now....even though I can't stand how it only keeps the last 4 weeks of my calendar items on my BB

Hope you get your problems resolved....I know it's frustrating.
    10-20-10 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD