Its the beginning of the TAKEOVER!!!!!!!
    No seriously is it?????
    05-03-11 08:01 PM
    could well be,
    05-04-11 07:53 AM
    You may LOL about security, but RIMM takes it very seriously. The big corporate market is their bread and butter (go into a Home Depot and look at the manager's cellphone -- it'll be a Blackberry) and they don't want don't want anything that comes close to seeming like the appearance of a security issue with Blackberries, so they work very hard to control what e-mail goes to their phones.
    We're talking about consumer email services, and if you think a Teenager needs AES/Triple DES security for Hotmail and Gmail, I dunno what to say. "Lol" is the only thing that comes up. You're holding security in too high a regard, and equating Blackberry with corporate is what has contributed to their market share dropping in the recent quarters.

Until people get over the security bull and realize that consumers have different requirements than businesses, lots of people will continue laughing at blackberries as they walk out with Android/iOS/etc. devices.

Yes, Lol.

Because I don't care if I have to settle for SSL on a device for consumer use, and it would sure be hard for RIM to implement a policy to shut down the ActiveSync client/service in BES if they were to add it, right?! (rhetorical question)
    Last edited by N8ter; 05-04-11 at 05:32 PM.
    05-04-11 05:30 PM
    A recient new story revealed, when you use Bing, you are using Google.

Bing included Google search results. The were caught in a honey pot trap.

Google Accuses Microsoft's Bing of 'Cheating' - WSJ.com
    That rumor was debunked in short order.

/fail
    05-04-11 05:31 PM
    ehhhhh, Bing? i am not a user of bing, have always prefered google, but since google is so involved in android and it all works well, i am kind of looking forward to seeing what RIM can pull off.
    05-04-11 05:43 PM
    I think Bing is ok, but I really hope we get a choice in the matter.
    05-04-11 06:51 PM
    can we just use google?
    will it be optional?
    Default....with the option to switch to a preferred browser and I'd be happy.But when words like "integrated" are used it makes me nervous.
    Not to worry ... Bing will be the default search as delivered, but you should be able to change it to whatever engine you want. Personally, I don't hate Bing, but I've never been able to get used to it, either. Still, any kind of partnership like that is good for both parties... especially the one getting paid!
    05-04-11 07:04 PM
    ehhhhh, Bing? i am not a user of bing, have always prefered google, but since google is so involved in android and it all works well, i am kind of looking forward to seeing what RIM can pull off.
    Same here! i just started using it I like it!
    05-04-11 07:12 PM
    Bing image and video search are both better imo. Granted some of the options in google are easier to use and find.
    05-04-11 07:19 PM
    We're talking about consumer email services, and if you think a Teenager needs AES/Triple DES security for Hotmail and Gmail, I dunno what to say. "Lol" is the only thing that comes up. You're holding security in too high a regard, and equating Blackberry with corporate is what has contributed to their market share dropping in the recent quarters.

Until people get over the security bull and realize that consumers have different requirements than businesses, lots of people will continue laughing at blackberries as they walk out with Android/iOS/etc. devices.

Yes, Lol.

Because I don't care if I have to settle for SSL on a device for consumer use, and it would sure be hard for RIM to implement a policy to shut down the ActiveSync client/service in BES if they were to add it, right?! (rhetorical question)
    Call me paranoid, but with the increasing levels of integration happening with mobile devices (eg. mobile banking, NFC, email interac, all levels of personal information and communications, unlocking your house, car, and home video monitoring just to name a few, with many more features soon to come), for me, device security is extremely important. I think those that underestimate the risk of their person or property being compromised in some way on a mobile device lack the foresight to recognize that these devices will be the next major target - and certainly not just corporate devices.

But then again, I might just be paranoid...
    05-05-11 01:27 AM
    I am confused as to why this is an issue, currently blackberries do not have google apps as default. So you just download and use what you prefer. I don't see any sign of this changing so what is the issue?

If you do not want to use bing you can just download Google mobile and use it instead so what is the issue?
    If Bing is "integrated" into the OS then it could be tied in as the default web search method for apps and the OS itself. So you select a context menu to search the web from within an app menu and the only choice there is Bing.
    05-05-11 01:50 AM
    Google and Apple are much larger than RIM. As the mobile space continues to change - a partnership with msft may prove to be very important for rims future.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-11 02:07 PM
    I always like to see competition in any market. And on the surface, I could see this as a positive thing for future innovation industry wide.

However, after many years of watching what happens to any company or project that goes into business with Microsoft, this leaves a sour taste in my mouth. It saddens me that I can't help but feel this will turn around to bite RIM in the future. Microsoft has historically focused less on providing the best product, but more-so that they strive to ensure others are reliant or dependent on them.

I have no issues with RIM working to provide an environment where Bing services can operate effectively (and allowing a choice to the consumer). I'm just not keen on Bing being integrated into the OS, as that's a major first step towards an uncomfortable amount of dependency.
    05-05-11 03:15 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD