Hey, I need help ASAP. my 8900 is on orange and has the data plan etc etc. but when I try and use the browser it simply does not work. I can actually add my wireless SpeedTouch router to my phone, however when i try and browse with it, it fails EVERY time. Its sooooo slow and i always get ("communication failure has occurred etc...") or ("unable to find requested server") my phone is set to browser config hotspot browser. BUT IT WONT WORK.

since my original handset got stolen at T in the Park, this replacement has been nothing but trouble.

please please help me its doing my bloody box in!

08-02-09 06:48 PM
    Try registering your device, then do a battery pull. Here's a link to a pretty good wifi guide.

Register Device: Click options> click advanced options> roll down and click host routing table> press your menu key> select register now> click back and close.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 06:53 PM
    do i need to wait for a reply from my registration mesage sent?
    08-02-09 06:57 PM
    You should get a reply almost immediately... if you don't there is the possibility that your provider did not setup your data plan correctly... you might want to call them.
    08-02-09 07:16 PM
    FB's right, if you don't get a response right away, your provider doesn't have you set up properly. Give them a call.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-02-09 07:21 PM
    ace folk cheers
    08-02-09 07:22 PM
    Ok, i got it registerd with the wireless network, but its still not working. i think my phone is broken
    08-02-09 07:27 PM
    Hey, I need help ASAP. my 8900 is on orange and has the data plan etc etc. but when I try and use the browser it simply does not work. I can actually add my wireless SpeedTouch router to my phone, however when i try and browse with it, it fails EVERY time. Its sooooo slow and i always get ("communication failure has occurred etc...") or ("unable to find requested server") my phone is set to browser config hotspot browser. BUT IT WONT WORK.

since my original handset got stolen at T in the Park, this replacement has been nothing but trouble.

please please help me its doing my bloody box in!

Will your phone connect to the internet when set to internet browser and not hotspot browser?
    08-02-09 07:58 PM
    i can open the browser fine, but when i type anything it wont search. i managed to open google via the browser on internet browser as aposed to hotspot browser. then i put it back to hotspot browser and done a search and it took about 2 mins to open. its asif its automatically switching back to internet browser because the wifi connection isnt working on the handset :S
    08-02-09 08:24 PM
    The data plan is setup properly, the problem is in the connection to the router or the browser configuration.

First check that the wifi is turned on. Do you have a check to the far right of your wifi name?
    Last edited by zwood; 08-02-09 at 08:39 PM.
    08-02-09 08:37 PM
    yeah, wifi is on. fr sure
    08-02-09 09:18 PM
    yeah, wifi is on. fr sure
    I understand the wifi is on but is it connected to your network? That is what the check mark to the far right of your network name would indicat.
    So is there a check or a white dash?
    08-02-09 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD