http://www.bing.com/community/site_blogs/b/search/archive/2011/06/08/bing-for-mobile-browse-gets-more-social.aspx

Looks like some interesting features. Integrating Bing may not be the apocalypse.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 11:25 AM
    But it's a Microsoft product so it must be total crap, right?

(Yes, that's sarcasm).
    The_Engine likes this.
    06-09-11 11:32 AM
    But it's a Microsoft product so it must be total crap, right?

(Yes, that's sarcasm).
    No just increases the odds
    06-09-11 12:36 PM
    Bing for Mobile Browse Gets More Social

^ Lazy link for people who don't want to copy and paste.
    The_Engine likes this.
    06-09-11 01:00 PM
    Good to hear. For a long time (a while back) bing had more features than gmaps. Just that they didn't update it forever...
    06-09-11 01:02 PM
    Honestly I stopped using the Google app and began using the Bing app. For maps and basically everything else, it's really far superior than what google offers. It's more streamlined and efficient and actually gave.... wait for it.... the right directions.

And this is from someone who has ALWAYS hated bing.
    06-09-11 01:09 PM
    That and the trend for google to break stuff every time they update the gmaps app...
    06-09-11 01:11 PM
    I didn't know bing had a maps app. I think I'll download it and delete google maps, I don't really trust google maps anyways.

06-09-11 06:12 PM
    Honestly I stopped using the Google app and began using the Bing app. For maps and basically everything else, it's really far superior than what google offers. It's more streamlined and efficient and actually gave.... wait for it.... the right directions.

And this is from someone who has ALWAYS hated bing.
    For some reason I can't find the app in appworld. What name is it under?

06-09-11 06:31 PM
    wow, this is a nice App. Bye bye Google Apps.
    06-09-11 07:58 PM
    http://www.bing.com/community/site_blogs/b/search/archive/2011/06/08/bing-for-mobile-browse-gets-more-social.aspx

Looks like some interesting features. Integrating Bing may not be the apocalypse.

I HATE, let me repeat, I HATE Bing and the fact that Bing is embedded in my POS Storm. The mfgr (and carrier) for the next phone I contemplate buying better not put Bing on it. The only "Bing" I like is cherries. Give me Google or buzz off!!
    06-09-11 08:36 PM
    Well it looks like its only for the USA at this time. That's too bad. Tried going to m.bing.com/download to get it but that site doesn't exist it seems. And when I enter my phone number they say it doesn't work. I'm out of luck it would seem. : (

06-09-11 08:37 PM
    Give me Google or buzz off!!
    I see what you did there...
    06-10-11 04:44 AM
    Not a big fan of bing. Whenever I have used it to search I actually get less relevant returns than if I just would have used Google in the first place. I dont hate it and think competition is good but I wont use it unless completely forced to do so.
    06-10-11 06:55 AM
    Bing is the poor mans Google. You have to be out of your mind to prefer it over Google.
    06-10-11 03:45 PM
    Must....abide...by...others...opinions....
    06-10-11 03:46 PM
    For some reason I can't find the app in appworld. What name is it under?

Sorry I missed your post and sorry you can't access it, it's actually quite good.

As for being out of my mind for liking the Bing app compared to google apps... I know and I seriously am ashamed about it but it works so much better in many ways. I can't say anything else but that. It just does.
    06-10-11 03:53 PM
    I don't use bing, I might give it a shot some day.

06-10-11 06:14 PM
    I prefer Google Maps but one thing (and it really is only one thing) I do like about Bing, is it lets me add a business to my address book on my 9700. I hate that Google doesn't allow this! Plus, it adds the business phone number as (XXX) XXX-XXXX like it should (okay maybe two things...but that's it)! But THEN I noticed it adds the address in one field without seperating out the City, State, Zip, which sucks. C'mon Bing!

Talk about updates...Google has the sattelite view of my neighborhood up to date...Bing however, has my neighborhood while it was being built!? Almost 9 years ago Bing! Nice. Should call yourself...Ding - the sound it makes after hitting something hallow.

Also, Bing doesn't have the residential/business lots outlined on the maps. I really like this on Google Maps.

I'm gonna keep playing with Bing and see how it works overall.
    06-12-11 04:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD