Today's launch of the iphone was about as exciting as Blackberry's launch in Feb, a real yawner!
    Almost all that was revealed in both big events had already been leaked in the social networks.
    The question that it leaves me is what is BB going to try and do different for the Z30 launch?
    I have seen it in action, seen the design and the size, only thing left is to touch it.

What are some of your ideas to do something freaking cool to help it hit the markets?
    09-10-13 10:45 PM
    Today's launch of the iphone was about as exciting as Blackberry's launch in Feb, a real yawner!
    Almost all that was revealed in both big events had already been leaked in the social networks.
    The question that it leaves me is what is BB going to try and do different for the Z30 launch?
    I have seen it in action, seen the design and the size, only thing left is to touch it.

What are some of your ideas to do something freaking cool to help it hit the markets?
    We've learned about the devices for months before the launches, so there is no news. There is only one thing I want to see from the Z30 launch - specifics about a disciplined, well planned out, well thought out launch that gives specific dates, prices, explanation of feature set. (To this day we are still guessing about how BB10 handles emails and BBM in relation to the NOC....that should have been explained.)

I don't want to see a staged show with the phone coming out of the ground with dry ice all around it. I want to see a well executed launch of a well executed product. The time for theatrics is gone.
    09-11-13 06:25 AM
    These launch events are old when someone is having one every other month. Big deal. Unless you really have something mind blowing or that leapfrogs who cares. I imagine some people still care but talk about boring when you already know most of it.

Apple, nice surprise on the 64bit. I watched bbry's and talk about a snooze fest and awkward.
    09-11-13 06:37 AM
    Do a crazy,unprecedented launch. Like... launch the phone without telling people what brand it is... no need to have an event.. just a TV promo showing off its features!!!
    Let people think, I want those features before their BlackBerry prejudices set in...
    Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 06:45 AM
    Much of the boredom probably is derived from the seeming mediocrity of the product specs too. No significant improvement in this year's offerings can be a real downer for many people...

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    09-11-13 07:08 AM
    You have to have a person that people are interested in watching do the presentation (not Thor) which make watching and getting "connected" to what the speaker is saying more likely..

You need to provide new information about a product - very difficult in this day and time, especially if you have already built Millions of devices and stock piled them.

Unfortunately smartphones have reached a point like PC did a few years ago, changes now are mostly going to be slow gradual progression of upgrades. The number of "leap frog" events are going to be scarce and far between.

If sales of the Z10 and Q10 are bad as some have suggest... and the Z30 has nothing special in it hardware wise, no big announcements about new apps and 10.2 is just barley out of beta.... Not sure I'd even have a launch "event". The tide has turned against BB again, so a bunch of tech reviewer are going to have a field day tearing the Z30 & BlackBerry apart - old hardware, missing features, no apps.... and rightly so.
    09-11-13 07:53 AM
    You can never go wrong with strippers.
    Bor Navas likes this.
    09-11-13 07:59 AM