-----

For those who've studied the various mobile Bible programs (QuickVerse, Laridian, Olive Tree, etc) which do you like better and why? Thanks so much.

-----
    05-27-08 10:50 AM
    Free - I like Olive tree. Very nice app, easily searchable.

Not free - I just bought: Noah Bible Study Viewer for BlackBerry handhelds - Education & Reference BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

Awesome app - The reader is stored on the device, but the content is stored on your memory card. very slick.
    05-27-08 10:53 AM
    -----

Chaz, I downloaded the trial KJV from Noah and it looks good, but do they not have other books I can buy, like Strong's Numbers, Greek Lexicon, etc? I've got a call into QuickVerse now and will ask about their program as they have tons of other reference books. I don't want commentaries (opinions) I just want reference helps.

I'm looking for the most user-friendly program that allows us to purchase other Bible reference books too. I was very pleasanly surprised at how easy Noah downloaded. For me, there IS a God, because that's a miracle. Thanks

-----
    Last edited by cbmember; 05-27-08 at 11:31 AM.
    05-27-08 11:05 AM
    i bought it, lets see how good it is
    thanks!
    05-27-08 02:25 PM
    -----

Unbelievably, QuickVerse has nothing for Blackberry phones. I can't find much on Logos. I find the mobile Bible sites the worst for giving clear information on what they have for purchase. All I want is the KJV and Strong's Lexicon, and I can't find anyone so far that has those together for the Blackberry, or any other mobile device.

I'll give up the Noah Bible after my 10 day trial if they don't have the lexicon I can purchase as well. The two just have to work together. I hate to give it up all together, but the Bible sites are very confusing, unless all you want is a Bible reader, and you can get those free.

-----
    05-27-08 03:40 PM
    -----

Chaz, just in case you make it back to this thread....when you got the purchased copy of Noah, did you have more options than on the trial version?

-----
    05-28-08 07:32 PM
    I second Chaz's recommendation for Noah Bible Reader. I'm currently using it with the KJV Bible, and so far I like it.
    07-11-08 04:36 AM
    Logos has been the best for me. I wish they had something for Blackberries. I like it because it provides in-depth research tools, books written by bible scholars with in depth knowledge on books of the bible as well as topical books. Many different translations and also a sermon viewer where you can read sermons from preachers on whatever passages you want. There are a lot of things included in it. All of these things can probably be found elsewhere, but probably not in a comprehensive program. What is the best free one for Blackberry?
    07-11-08 10:00 AM
    Free - I like Olive tree. Very nice app, easily searchable.

Not free - I just bought: Noah Bible Study Viewer for BlackBerry handhelds - Education & Reference BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store

Awesome app - The reader is stored on the device, but the content is stored on your memory card. very slick.
    Alright I went to olive tree and looked for a free version the niv snd didn't find one. Does someone have a link

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-08 10:14 AM
    If i am not mistaken the Olive Tree free version just comes in American Standard. I tried it for a while but I am looking more for NKJV since that is not version we use at our church. Btw feel free to add me and send me a pin if you find something or just wish to chat: 24247bcc
    07-11-08 10:33 AM
    downloading the free ASV.
    07-11-08 11:03 AM
    downloading the free ASV.
    Feeling your sig-its the eternal struggle of our souls and our faith against our flesh and our senses.
    07-11-08 11:13 AM
    Thx. the ASV that i just downloaded a while ago, is very nice and very easy to use.
    07-11-08 11:26 AM
    Do you have to do the install from DM or can you do ith over the air for the American standard version

07-11-08 11:48 AM
    You can download it OTA.

07-11-08 11:50 AM
    All its saying is that its queued

07-11-08 12:00 PM
    I get mail from Olive Tree (I used to use them all the time on my Tungsten E2), and on July 8, 2008, they sent me a newsletter which had this statement:

"New BibleReader for BlackBerry: A new version of BibleReader for BlackBerry is in alpha testing—the final development stage before a beta version is released to the public. It offers many new features and has received extremely positive responses so far. The new BibleReader will also mean a greatly expanded library of Olive Tree resources available for the BlackBerry platform. If you are a BlackBerry user interested in helping beta-test this new program, keep an eye on our BlackBerry Forums for more information. We hope to release it for public beta testing by the end of July."
    07-11-08 12:53 PM
    Weird I downloaded it, and its showing in my applications, but I can't find anything to open and use the program

07-11-08 02:57 PM
    I get mail from Olive Tree (I used to use them all the time on my Tungsten E2), and on July 8, 2008, they sent me a newsletter which had this statement:

"New BibleReader for BlackBerry: A new version of BibleReader for BlackBerry is in alpha testing�the final development stage before a beta version is released to the public. It offers many new features and has received extremely positive responses so far. The new BibleReader will also mean a greatly expanded library of Olive Tree resources available for the BlackBerry platform. If you are a BlackBerry user interested in helping beta-test this new program, keep an eye on our BlackBerry Forums for more information. We hope to release it for public beta testing by the end of July."
    Hey if I can beta test 4.5 os for blackberry then I can definitely beta test bible software for Olive Tree, lol.

Do you happen to know which forumn they are referring to?
    07-11-08 03:07 PM
    Should there be an icon to open the reader

07-11-08 03:10 PM
    I never did the ota so I am not sure what the issue is. I know when I downloaded it via pc it did have an icon.
    07-11-08 03:13 PM
    I am glad there is a Bible program for BlackBerry's, cause that was the reason my wife was a bit hesitant to get one. Now she can, btw, she has a bible program for her Tungsten, i cannot remember the name of it, but whoever has the same program (who currently owns a Tungsten), is there a similar one for the BlackBerry?
    07-11-08 04:09 PM
    I use the Noah Bible reader and have two Bible versions on my memory card. Like it so far unless I find something better to use.
    07-11-08 04:36 PM
    downloading as we type
    07-11-08 04:39 PM
    I tried the Noah, but I like Olive Tree better. I had it when I had my Palm Tungsten E.
    07-11-08 04:42 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD