Yawns, what's new im so tired of hearing these articles from has beens on how RIM should take control of the current transition. In addition to this you have the idiots from BGR who think they're CNN. I guess they know something big is coming from waterloo. If any of you true BB users remember when RIM first introduced its first color screen the time frame was the same as it is for BB10 we know what happen after that "5 years of dominance" history is about to repeat itself now apple users who bash BB users so much is scared now.
    I doubt apple users give a second thought about bb10.
    07-21-12 07:48 PM
    Yawns, what's new im so tired of hearing these articles from has beens on how RIM should take control of the current transition. In addition to this you have the idiots from BGR who think they're CNN. I guess they know something big is coming from waterloo. If any of you true BB users remember when RIM first introduced its first color screen the time frame was the same as it is for BB10 we know what happen after that "5 years of dominance" history is about to repeat itself now apple users who bash BB users so much is scared now.
    Apple users are more concerned with android devices....I'll more than likely buy the first bb10 devices, however if the experience is anything like the pb I'll be done with them for good.

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk
    07-21-12 07:59 PM
    I disagree with the article. If anything, BlackBerry hardware has less appeal to me than its software.

I'd rather buy a Samsung running BB10 than a BlackBerry running Android.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    07-21-12 08:17 PM
    Apple users are more concerned with android devices....I'll more than likely buy the first bb10 devices, however if the experience is anything like the pb I'll be done with them for good.

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk
    I was going to ask you whats wrong with the playbook besides apps but then i looked at your phone arsenal...i wont even waste my time.
    07-21-12 11:35 PM
    Samsung has just received Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) approval for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi, the 4G LTE-enabled Galaxy Tab 10.1 with Verizon, and the global version of the Galaxy S II smartphone.
    If you go to the FIPS page, you'll see there's a whole range of FIPS certifications. And a much larger list of certification standards that have been withdrawn. So, saying that something is FIPS certified is somewhat meaningless, unless you make that comparison based on which FIPS standard. There are also other decision making factors that would prevent those Android devices from being used in some places where Blackberry still gets through the door.

I happen to use a Galaxy Tab 10.1 for a lot of what I do. And I have a past history of working in places that required stringent security. So, I've done a few minor things to lock the Tab down some. But, quite frankly, even with that, I still wouldn't allow it in some of the places I used to work. And I'm not as fussy as some of the people I used to work for. Just sayin'.
    07-22-12 12:33 AM
    Well. Ok so say RIM did fork Android and make a BlackBerry android os. They'd probably need to modify and harden it so much for security sake that it would probably not run a lot of the popular android apps. How's that going to go over with Joe consumer.

Sent from my flip-phone.
    07-22-12 12:41 AM
    Hidary can suck it.
    Android (IMO) sucks for a communications tool. To say nothing of its complete lack of security.
    07-22-12 02:37 AM
    This thread has morphed into a discussion of Android security vs BlackBerry security. Well, it's 2012 folks. Mobile device management firms have IT enterprise solutions to lock down Android or iPhone devices from installing unauthorized apps:

Zenprise Launches New Product To Lock Down iPhones And iPads In Enterprise | TechCrunch

MobileIron 4.5: The Most Complete Android Security Platform

And there are many other competitors. Just as BES provide enterprises with tools for IT policy to lock down BB users from installing unauthorized apps, the functionality is available from other MDM competitors.

Fact: Android 4.0.4 is the most secure OS Google has ever produced for the consumer. As an ASUS transformer user, all of these articles about Android security is nothing more than FUD.

Also Android 4.1 has added security features:

http://securitywatch.pcmag.com/none/...in-android-4-1

Rooting your Android or jail breaking your iPhone will circumvent potentially the built-in security the software engineers intended. This is why I view XDA developers forum as a mix blessing. It is great for hobbyist and technically inclined. However, the custom ROMs are not meant for the average consumer who does not know what he or her are doing with great risk of bricking the device.

Please play safe people, keep your official OS and install every OTA update to improve security.
    Last edited by the_sleuth; 07-22-12 at 09:36 AM.
    07-22-12 09:15 AM
    Hidary can suck it.
    Android (IMO) sucks for a communications tool. To say nothing of its complete lack of security.
    I agree, the guy is a fool to think RIM would ever do such a thing as that, Android will do it first. They are on the road already.
    http://m.motorola.com/;area=gallery;cat=phone;pid=73931/us/consumers/MOTOROLA-ADMIRAL/73931,en_US,pd.html?selectedTab=tab-4&cgid=mobile-phones
    That's a lot better than the Droid Pro. A little more tweaking and BaM, there's your Blackberry hardware running android.
    07-22-12 09:24 AM
    Sorry, clickable link here for the Admiral. Yes, I'm a big fan of following Androids growth towards mimicking the Blackberry shape/ or for those who enjoy using lots of words to replace one simple word...'form factor' http://m.motorola.com/;m=is;f=jpg;k=..._02.102011.jpg
    Last edited by Mamaluka; 07-22-12 at 09:28 AM.
    07-22-12 09:26 AM
    She looked at me, deer in the headlights look....had no clue what she could do with that phone.

I actually believe she was the stereotypical consumer. Wants the device because it's gorgeous, brand new, big.....I believe most people don't use their devices to their full potential and that those of us here are in the minority. I think statistics show that most people don't root or jailbreak.
    Agreed. The sequence for most folks is:

1. Should I get an iPhone or Android phone? (both can run the "same" apps)
    2. Go to carrier store. The Android devices with the huge bright screens are an easy sell. The iPhone has a huge reputation as the safe choice.
    3. If the customer is set on iPhone -- it's a done deal. If the customer is looking to be sold and it is a Verizon store (biggest US carrier) you can count on the salesperson pushing the latest greatest gigantic Android phone.

Either way RIM is not even in the running for the most part.

None of my friends know anything about their phones. They know about apps and that is all.
    Rickroller likes this.
    07-22-12 10:31 AM
    I would buy a BB running Android.
    07-22-12 03:56 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD