I was bored and checked a couple BGR stories (I won't link though, he's still in the doghouse for being irrationally biased), and aside from the fact that the articles are actually neutral to positive and seemingly professionally written, the comments to the articles are overwhelmingly positive

has anyone else noticed that a lot of anti-RIM sentiment seems to be disappearing?
    01-11-13 11:35 PM
    YES! Because everyone knows it's coming, and everyone knows it is some serious !@#$
    stevepar, SK122387 and Gelzz like this.
    01-11-13 11:44 PM
    Positive positive positive
    01-11-13 11:50 PM
    maybe because the media isn't totally bashing on RIM these days, the BlackBerry loyals are starting to voice themselves as they feel that they are not shunned for the device they choose to like
    01-12-13 03:37 AM
    The bashing - being justified or not - has overflooded the interwebz for the last two years.
    Now, it's difficult to find anything to bash, because it can be discussed against something real, not only "concepts".
    The fact is the crowd didn't believe RIM could actually deliver what many where waiting for at the PlayBook launch.
    If - and I believe it will - RIM enter the marketing books for being one of the most sensational brand recovery (compares to appl), I believe at least a few chapters (engineering, communication and time to market) will have this product in focus. The damages it made are huge.

Nowadays, the most (serious) negatives reviews are about services fees, because it's one more revolution (in fact, return in previous revenue mode) that is based on hardware and ecosystem profitability.
    But, this discussion is much more "financially related" and have a very limited impact on general audience. More, the current enthusiasm we can feel is ruining the "catastrophic scenario" some were pushing around, in fact, it's even sweeping the argument away. With a single finger swipe (no offense intended).

When I look at RIM now, I fell like the end of the day, after cleaning out the whole mess on my desk; with documents in their appropriate folders, bin emptied and devices in their docks.
    Curb they are.
    01-12-13 04:46 AM
    I was bored and checked a couple BGR stories (I won't link though, he's still in the doghouse for being irrationally biased), and aside from the fact that the articles are actually neutral to positive and seemingly professionally written, the comments to the articles are overwhelmingly positive

has anyone else noticed that a lot of anti-RIM sentiment seems to be disappearing?
    Ohhh dude... if only you were there for "Janeka Carter's" meltdown a couple of days ago. You could almost hear her scream "I'M MELTING!! I'M MELLLLLTING!!"

And then she not only disappeared from BGR, she appears to have dropped off of Facebook entirely.
    01-12-13 05:11 AM
    Truthfully I figured a long time ago, that in the end it would be easy for all these sites to turn AGAIN And now be pro RIM. All they have to do is say we were only reporting what we saw! Yet we few, who cared enough to look deeper always saw what we see today.
    01-12-13 05:19 AM
    Truthfully I figured a long time ago, that in the end it would be easy for all these sites to turn AGAIN And now be pro RIM. All they have to do is say we were only reporting what we saw! Yet we few, who cared enough to look deeper always saw what we see today.
    Don't worry. Blaze stated in the one podcasts he has kept a list of all the people that said RIM wouldn't make it to launch. Also has a list of all who said launch will fail. I am eagerly awaiting the public release of the list.
    01-12-13 05:24 AM
    Tick the popular expression(s) that apply :
    "Thank you for the L.E offering"
    "We go wherever the $$ are"
    "It's never to late to do good"
    "Only dumb a$$es never change their mind"
    "we take, we take, we take !"

[This is - at least - 40% humor]
    01-12-13 05:27 AM
    Ohhh dude... if only you were there for "Janeka Carter's" meltdown a couple of days ago. You could almost hear her scream "I'M MELTING!! I'M MELLLLLTING!!"

And then she not only disappeared from BGR, she appears to have dropped off of Facebook entirely.
    i missed this, what happened, did the BB fan crew chop her down for her stupid comments? i saw her comment on BGRs blog but then thats all
    01-12-13 05:42 AM
    i missed this, what happened, did the BB fan crew chop her down for her stupid comments? i saw her comment on BGRs blog but then thats all
    Well, she started commenting on that piece they did on Wednesday about the Rogers pre-orders, and how it looks like there might be actual demand for BB10. She got FREAKIN' hysterical (especially in a thread started by our own fearless leader Kevin M!), until finally she just disappeared completely. All of her comments gone, her FB profile even taken down.

It was beautiful...
    01-12-13 05:45 AM
    Well, she started commenting on that piece they did on Wednesday about the Rogers pre-orders, and how it looks like there might be actual demand for BB10. She got FREAKIN' hysterical (especially in a thread started by our own fearless leader Kevin M!), until finally she just disappeared completely. All of her comments gone, her FB profile even taken down.

It was beautiful...
    Oh, crap, I missed that too. Thanks for reporting
    01-12-13 05:47 AM

It was beautiful...
    And the thread that's even still on the countdown here
    01-12-13 05:48 AM

It was beautiful...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-kevin-761697/ [closed, hopefully]
    01-12-13 05:56 AM
    wasn't she at one poitn a crackberry member?
    01-12-13 05:59 AM
    Personally, I think that BGR and others are backing off. Maybe they realize that there needs to be more choices than Iphone and Android devices.

Both are exceptional at what they do. But, that being said, both have pitfalls. BlackBerry 10 is a hybrid. Designed for business AND play (Blackberry balance). Apple, for some unknown reason, still doesn't have NFC. The markets want this to be developed!

I think that employers might like having a firewall protecting their information from the forays of E-terrorists/thieves. Plus, corporate accounts will not be in jeopardy if NFC takes off.

The most important consideration is the adaptability of the device. BlackBerry seems to be working to change the paradigm. Who can argue against that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-12-13 02:37 PM
    Personally, I think that BGR and others are backing off. Maybe they realize that there needs to be more choices than Iphone and Android devices.

Both are exceptional at what they do. But, that being said, both have pitfalls. BlackBerry 10 is a hybrid. Designed for business AND play (Blackberry balance). Apple, for some unknown reason, still doesn't have NFC. The markets want this to be developed!

I think that employers might like having a firewall protecting their information from the forays of E-terrorists/thieves. Plus, corporate accounts will not be in jeopardy if NFC takes off.

The most important consideration is the adaptability of the device. BlackBerry seems to be working to change the paradigm. Who can argue against that.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    essentially all of the phones are designed for business AND play now. The thing about blackberry 10 is that it appears it does both the best
    Gelzz likes this.
    01-12-13 02:55 PM

It was beautiful...
    Good. She realized she was up against a Battle of BB10 supporter warriors. Don't mess with the BerryFans!
    01-12-13 03:20 PM
    They realize they get a lot of traffic from blackberry fans and appeasing them will bring more.
    01-12-13 03:21 PM
    essentially all of the phones are designed for business AND play now. The thing about blackberry 10 is that it appears it does both the best
    i don't agree one bit that they are all designed for business and play, android doesn't have the business security and iOS doesn't have the efficiency, they all do things that allow business to get done but do they get them done as well and as efficient, the way i see it is that answer is not like a BlackBerry. iOS is a consumer toy built around multimedia and games while Android is built towards nerds looking for high tech. i'm not saying any are bad but they are all different and have their own strengths and their own weaknesses
    01-12-13 03:24 PM
    i don't agree one bit that they are all designed for business and play, android doesn't have the business security and iOS doesn't have the efficiency, they all do things that allow business to get done but do they get them done as well and as efficient, the way i see it is that answer is not like a BlackBerry. iOS is a consumer toy built around multimedia and games while Android is built towards nerds looking for high tech. i'm not saying any are bad but they are all different and have their own strengths and their own weaknesses
    You basically regurgitated my point...

"allow business to get done" + "built around multimedia and games" + "not like a BlackBerry"
    01-12-13 03:29 PM
    You basically regurgitated my point...

"allow business to get done" + "built around multimedia and games" + "not like a BlackBerry"
    You can hammer a nail with a frozen banana. Doesn't mean the banana is designed to be used as a hammer.
    bb10CA and just_luc like this.
    01-12-13 06:00 PM
    You can hammer a nail with a frozen banana. Doesn't mean the banana is designed to be used as a hammer.
    bwahahahaha!!!
    01-12-13 07:02 PM
    Actually, I was speaking to the point that there is a firewall between personal and business information on BB10. Everything on the business end is encrypted. If Iphone and Android do this, which I doubt, then correct me.
    01-14-13 10:51 AM
    Actually, I was speaking to the point that there is a firewall between personal and business information on BB10. Everything on the business end is encrypted. If Iphone and Android do this, which I doubt, then correct me.
    Don't forget how a company can remotely wipe everything on the business side while keeping the personal side untouched.
    01-14-13 11:22 AM
36 12