So essentially the point trying to be made here is that you cannot use android devices or an iPhone for business? Because Android OEMs or Apple never once considered business use or BYOD possibility?

Is that correct?
    01-14-13 12:22 PM
    Ohhh dude... if only you were there for "Janeka Carter's" meltdown a couple of days ago. You could almost hear her scream "I'M MELTING!! I'M MELLLLLTING!!"

And then she not only disappeared from BGR, she appears to have dropped off of Facebook entirely.
    Well, she started commenting on that piece they did on Wednesday about the Rogers pre-orders, and how it looks like there might be actual demand for BB10. She got FREAKIN' hysterical (especially in a thread started by our own fearless leader Kevin M!), until finally she just disappeared completely. All of her comments gone, her FB profile even taken down.

It was beautiful...
    wasn't she at one poitn a crackberry member?
    "She" was a member here, and the strange thing is, she was a die-hard RIM fanboi, because I got into a few "discussions" with her. Then one day, the tone of the posting changed, and a few people scratched their heads and questioned her, and she implied someone else had posted the messages. Soon after she was banned.
    01-14-13 12:53 PM
    "She" was a member here, and the strange thing is, she was a die-hard RIM fanboi, because I got into a few "discussions" with her. Then one day, the tone of the posting changed, and a few people scratched their heads and questioned her, and she implied someone else had posted the messages. Soon after she was banned.
    if the pic is real i'd tap it. But I imagine the whole thing was fake
    Rickroller likes this.
    01-14-13 12:59 PM
    So essentially the point trying to be made here is that you cannot use android devices or an iPhone for business? Because Android OEMs or Apple never once considered business use or BYOD possibility?

Is that correct?
    Yes, I think so.

Or something strange like "yes Android and iOS can do business, but are not good because they aren't designed to "
    01-14-13 01:30 PM
    Yes, I think so.

Or something strange like "yes Android and iOS can do business, but are not good because they aren't designed to "
    So no one at any Android OEM or Apple ever once considered their device might be used for business? Not one line of code or feature on any of these devices is because someone at the company thought one person might use it for business? Please advise.
    01-14-13 01:37 PM
    It's not magic; you do badly, you get smashed. You make something intriguing, people will take note. Simple.

Of course, there is another possibility: RIM is paying the press for positive press. As much as that silly idea was thrown around not that long ago, it's shocking no one has mentioned it now that the tide has seemingly turned.
    01-14-13 01:39 PM
    So no one at any Android OEM or Apple ever once considered their device might be used for business? Not one line of code or feature on any of these devices is because someone at the company thought one person might use it for business? Please advise.
    I agree with your point. There are people here who will continually say other platforms cannot do business. That is silly, especially as we ask watch RIM borrow heavily from said companies.

The good thing is that RIM doesn't think that way, and seems to be working hard to make devices that appeal to folks who want all-around machines.
    01-14-13 01:43 PM
    I agree with your point. There are people here who will continually say other platforms cannot do business. That is silly, especially as we ask watch RIM borrow heavily from said companies.

The good thing is that RIM doesn't think that way, and seems to be working hard to make devices that appeal to folks who want all-around machines.
    oh, I thought you were being sarcastic
    01-14-13 01:52 PM
    I am getting cynical in my "older" years. My take on this is that they were simply wrong and also that there may be advertising $$'s at play here. Will Boy Genius come out and say "I was wrong"? That will be the proof of the pudding for me.
    01-14-13 01:57 PM

Is that correct?
    I never said that. But BlackBerry is on the record saying that the items stored in the business profile are encrypted. You can use whatever you want. But I would rather have sensitive/client information encrypted. I am sure you can do that on other devices, but it will be ad hoc and not automatic.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-14-13 04:04 PM
    I never said that. But BlackBerry is on the record saying that the items stored in the business profile are encrypted. You can use whatever you want. But I would rather have sensitive/client information encrypted. I am sure you can do that on other devices, but it will be ad hoc and not automatic.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Not just encrypted. The "work" partition is a separate side altogether. It has NO access to personal side. Liken it to two virtual machines that can't see each other at all.
    01-14-13 07:05 PM
36 12