New evidence of Android apps running on BlackBerry phones emerges | BGR | Boy Genius Report

That would be awesome if they brought android apps to BlackBerry phones as well as the PlayBook. I know there was a thread about this, but BGR's other post. This is more recent and I think deserves it's own topic. Sorry if it's been posted already, I did search.
    02-24-11 03:48 PM
    I already added this to the comments but Ill repeat it here.
    IMHO.....so! When an app is usefull on a BlackBerry, BB has it. There isn't any functionality to added of Android apps. Its the hardware (ie processor, accelerometor, magnometer) that make apps usefull ad different. But all the duplicate apps on android exploiting the same thing with a differnt color will not benefit BB one bit. When we BB gets the hardware or should I say if they build it apps will come. Apps arent what brought me to BlackBerry anyway
    02-24-11 04:39 PM
    I think that Android apps will run amazingly on the new Monaco as well as all of the upcoming devices (which will almost definitely be out by the time this becomes reality).

but IMO, android apps would probably benefit the Torch right now... (probably not the Storm2 because of its hardware AND software limitations...)
    02-24-11 04:55 PM
    It would be interesting to have a big pot of apps to choose from. I wonder how the hardware differences will be handled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-11 05:13 PM
    i don't see the hardware being an issue on MOST apps.
    02-24-11 05:16 PM
    Other than games..I'm not sure how many Android apps would prove useful on a BB tbh. Most of the really good Android apps involve Widgets and/or rooting/hacking (such as SetCPU, Titanium Backup etc). Obviously I can't see BB's giving users "root access" on their phones, and from what i've read new BB's still won't support widgets..so imo i'm not sure how many "good" apps would be available.
    02-24-11 05:25 PM
    Other than games..I'm not sure how many Android apps would prove useful on a BB tbh. Most of the really good Android apps involve Widgets and/or rooting/hacking (such as SetCPU, Titanium Backup etc). Obviously I can't see BB's giving users "root access" on their phones, and from what i've read new BB's still won't support widgets..so imo i'm not sure how many "good" apps would be available.
    i think that since most of the android versions are BETTER than bb versions will be nice. I know there are plent of android apps i would want on a new BB. Some might be out in the bb appworld already but usually there are not as nice as a android/iOS version
    02-24-11 05:45 PM
    i think that since most of the android versions are BETTER than bb versions will be nice. I know there are plent of android apps i would want on a new BB. Some might be out in the bb appworld already but usually there are not as nice as a android/iOS version
    The problem is due to the old BBs being last generation and the BB OS dying. Nobody wants to develop for it. But if QNX doesn't support widgets or it isn't just an iPhone App Launcher style homescreen, people will just refuse to buy it in the US. Android and iPhone have penetrated so well in the US, their styles of working are the only perceived ways of working. They have brainwashed most of the US into hating RIM, and if RIM did do that, they'd only be accused of copying Android and wouldn't get sales anyway. In the US, RIM is in a lose-lose situation. In the rest of the world though, they're doing well. Including the UK which is lapping them up like chocolate bars.
    02-24-11 06:20 PM
    android apps will run better on BB than they do on Android. just a hunch.
    02-24-11 06:51 PM
    android apps will run better on BB than they do on Android. just a hunch.
    Why do you say that?
    02-24-11 07:21 PM
    Why does it matter? I thought having all of these apps was useless?
    sivan likes this.
    02-24-11 07:26 PM
    Im excited. 200,000 apps to choose from would be wonderful. My friends with android devices have shown me some pretty cool apps that I would love to have on my BB. I don't think all apps necessarily need to enhance my productivity. The apps i need for that I pretty much already have on my device. Now i would actually like somethings that might keep me entertained a little longer.

Ya'll know that this feature will probably only be enabled for OS6 and on though lol
    02-24-11 07:53 PM
    it wont even be for OS 6, this would be a QNX thing
    02-24-11 07:57 PM
    You don't think they would bring it to HH's as well? I mean, testing an 8300?!?! lol If they can test it with that piece of crap (good phone back in the day), then i would hope they could get it to run on OS6.1
    02-24-11 08:06 PM
    You don't think they would bring it to HH's as well? I mean, testing an 8300?!?! lol If they can test it with that piece of crap (good phone back in the day), then i would hope they could get it to run on OS6.1
    That's exactly what I was thinking, but this is also only the store running, not any actual apps. It would be nice to have 200,000 apps to choose from. Being a Torch user, I'm really hoping it can run Android games if it's brought to BB.
    02-24-11 08:55 PM
    That's exactly what I was thinking, but this is also only the store running, not any actual apps. It would be nice to have 200,000 apps to choose from. Being a Torch user, I'm really hoping it can run Android games if it's brought to BB.
    Yeah they gotta be bring it to handhelds...wouldn't make sense not to IMO. The slides that were leaked a couple weeks ago were showing off how games in OS6.1 would have improved visuals....only problem is BB App World don't really have a huge selections of games (do they???) Why not bring all them android games over to the next gen BB devices and really show what they're capable of?
    02-24-11 09:05 PM
    you need QNX for this and better hardware. i dont see it happening on anything but upcoming phones and the PB
    02-24-11 09:16 PM
    you need QNX for this and better hardware. i dont see it happening on anything but upcoming phones and the PB
    But you know the rumor is QNX had a major hand in developing 6.1 so mayb that will enable such a thing.

Oh well...............I'll have a Playbook so either way I win lol
    02-24-11 10:09 PM
    For me, I could care less....**** takes me forever to find the right app on wifes mytouch or Optimus as there are so many of them and basically same ones....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-11 10:26 PM
    I'm not big on apps. I do have a few that I find really useful though. If it happens I'm sure it will make some folks happy which is cool but it doesn't do much for me.
    02-24-11 10:47 PM
    I just want to know what the biggest complaint will become once this happens. One less advantage for android and IOS users. They'll find something else though
    02-24-11 10:59 PM
    no damn widgets
    02-24-11 11:02 PM
    blackberry WILL NEVER DIE
    02-24-11 11:28 PM
    no damn widgets
    lol well like i said.........we know its coming
    02-24-11 11:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD