He also mentioned something about facebook subscribers for BlackBerry. I just had an idea, they could make videos for BB10, perhaps an advertisement that showcase BB10, its UI, how to use it, etc. Then have a contest giving away BB10 devices. You take part by liking BlackBerry, sharing that video, and commenting on the BB10's advantages over the competition, and spread the message of this competition. People who do that stand a chance to win BB10 devices. (on facebook, there will be a number showing the amount of "shares", and you can view who shared that video and the comment they posted, so it should be plausible)

Of course they just can't be giving away 1 phone. It needs to be a bunch of them from each country. This may be a costly way to do it, but it will garner a lot of "sharing" of the video. This way, BlackBerry gets more subscribers on facebook (bigger marketing target audience), and the video can reach other people, even if they don't subscribe to BlackBerry on facebook. This will perhaps get more people interested in BB10, and for RIM to "market" or "educate" the consumers on the new paradigm that BB10 is bringing. As Frank mentioned, part of the marketing is an education process.
    Last edited by Alex_Hong; 08-25-12 at 05:32 PM.
    08-25-12 05:28 PM
    He also mentioned something about facebook subscribers for BlackBerry. I just had an idea, they could make videos for BB10, perhaps an advertisement that showcase BB10, its UI, how to use it, etc. Then have a contest giving away BB10 devices. You take part by liking BlackBerry, sharing that video, and commenting on the BB10's advantages over the competition, and spread the message of this competition. People who do that stand a chance to win BB10 devices.

Of course they just can't be giving away 1 phone. It needs to be a bunch of them from each country. This may be a costly way to do it, but it will garner a lot of "sharing" of the video. This way, BlackBerry gets more subscribers on facebook (bigger marketing target audience), and the video can reach other people, even if they don't subscribe to BlackBerry on facebook. This will perhaps get more people interested in BB10, and for RIM to "market" or "educate" the consumers on the new paradigm that BB10 is bringing. As Frank mentioned, part of the marketing is an education process.

Not a bad idea. It helps create mindshare.
    08-25-12 05:32 PM
    I can't wait to get my qnx powered BlackBerry!! I'm pretty sure we won't get them here until probably March we always get bbs late.
    08-25-12 08:26 PM
    No need to make personal attacks against JG.
    I don't like him either, but attacking him & making fun if his face ect. makes you worse then him.

I think he did ask some good questions....though I think they were intended to try to trip up Frank, but he did a great job handling them.

I would also like to see those kinds of interviews here on CB. JG is a Blogger just like Kevin, & yet his interview video showed both participants & when talking about a certain feature would switch to a video showing that feature.
    First off you should never compare kevin to Johnathan. Your post lost all credibility it had until that point. You must not look at the stuff Johnathan say about RIM he's a big factor in all this. You can't name one post where kevin has ever took shots at apple hardcore non-stop with no facts never.

Only reason I responded is because I love kevin
    08-25-12 08:32 PM
    Frank said that BBM will be on the PlayBook in the near future...I know this could mean many things, but does anyone else believe that they may have it ready for the 2.1 update? Obviously not the BB10 version, but a stripped down version which can work on the PB?
    08-25-12 09:27 PM
    Janeka Carter � Top Commenter � Shareholder at PetroChina
    mnhockeycoach99 Just because Facebook owns Instagram doesnt mean BB10 will get instagram dumbass. Kevin...who is that? ohhh that dumb with that wet mop on his damn head.
    Reply � � November 22 at 11:34am

-Source: Thorsten Heins interview: RIM CEO talks the future and BlackBerry 10 | BGR (comments section)
    11-27-12 10:05 AM
    Yes Janeka never has anything constructive to say. Must be one of those folks that get off on pushing people's buttons. I blame parents for not hugging enough as a kid.

I'm sure Janeka wouldn't like it if someone started making jokes about her.....
    Attached Thumbnails BGR Interview with Frank Boulben-cat-n-mouse.jpg  
    Last edited by BB-Bmore; 11-27-12 at 10:41 AM.
    11-27-12 10:19 AM
    Oh no I completely understand it just sucks for us haha just wish there was something new to talk about instead of people rehashing the same thing.
    It totally wouldn't be worth RIM's precious time, but it would be cool if they did a CrackBerry exclusive thing where you could sign up, join by NDA, and be kept up to date on the development process/insider information.

But realistically that would be a) not worth it for them b) a risk for absolutely no necessary reason and c) illegal in one form or another for shareholders

In that unrealistic dream world, I would sign up though.
    11-27-12 11:21 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD