BlackBerry 10 Browser Test: BlackBerry beats iPhone, Android | BGR
    I know it's a duplicate post, but there was no way of discussing. Anyhow, it's not that the BB10 browser beat Apple and Android devices, it also destroys most computers as well.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 12:19 PM
    It says Chrome has 64.3 percent of the PC market share. I'm not exactly sure I agree with that. I used to do PC repair as side work, and a ton of people don't even know what Chrome is (or Firefox for that matter).

Regardless, BGR still blows, and Zach Epstein is a piece of trash.
    02-09-14 12:28 PM
    BlackBerry 10 Browser Test: BlackBerry beats iPhone, Android | BGR
    I know it's a duplicate post, but there was no way of discussing. Anyhow, it's not that the BB10 browser beat Apple and Android devices, it also destroys most computers as well.
    Except you can't compare the two directly, given the BB10 is loading the MOBILE version of the website, while PCs load the (almost always more complicated) DESKTOP version of the site. Big difference.
    02-09-14 12:40 PM
    Except you can't compare the two directly, given the BB10 is loading the MOBILE version of the website, while PCs load the (almost always more complicated) DESKTOP version of the site. Big difference.
    Troy I don't think you've ever used a BlackBerry 10 device right? The BlackBerry 10 device can & usually load the normal or desktop version of a website.

That's why I always see an option to load the mobile site at the bottom of the websites I go to.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 12:49 PM
    I don't think I agree on that.
    Not all the sites detect BlackBerry 10 browser as mobile device. There tons of sites that I visit and mostly the desktop version of the site loads up.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 12:50 PM
    That's why I like sometimes a web page more than an app!
    02-09-14 01:04 PM
    Do you even have a BB10 device? Yikes, you couldn't be more wrong in terms of this comparison.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 01:15 PM
    They most definitely loaded the full website on all devices and computers. Or else the results would be bs.

But I do have trouble believing Desktop browsers are slower than the BB10 browser.
    02-09-14 01:22 PM
    I wonder if they ran the tests with both Java and Flash enabled. I know that makes a huge difference (for any browser), however iOS devices don't support flash so... how does that affect the comparison? Were iOS devices given a no-flash penalty? Still... speaks volumes of the power of the BB10 browser.

Posted via CB10
    Takie likes this.
    02-09-14 02:39 PM
    I wonder if they ran the tests with both Java and Flash enabled. I know that makes a huge difference (for any browser), however iOS devices don't support flash so... how does that affect the comparison? Were iOS devices given a no-flash penalty? Still... speaks volumes of the power of the BB10 browser.

Posted via CB10
    *sigh* ios secretly added flash support, it does actually work now

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Takie likes this.
    02-09-14 02:41 PM

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Really? Ah well, guess it isn't too good at it either way! lol

Posted via CB10
    Takie likes this.
    02-09-14 02:46 PM
    ...wait---what? You may need to try BB10 before you post this....ahm wow!!
    ray689, spikesolie and Mr.G_under like this.
    02-09-14 02:58 PM
    Do you even have a BB10 device? Yikes, you couldn't be more wrong in terms of this comparison.

Posted via CB10
    Lol good old Troy, back at it again hey? Haha.

Posted via CB10
    Lia Levin likes this.
    02-09-14 03:02 PM
    The infographic says BlackBerry 5.0 was fastest, so how did BGR turn that into something about BB10?

Or is that the version of the browser in BB10?
    02-09-14 03:10 PM
    The infographic says BlackBerry 5.0 was fastest, so how did BGR turn that into something about BB10?

The browser is BlackBerry 10 is 5.0.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 03:15 PM

Well I think 100 percent of BBOS5 users, which I was one, can attest it wasn't that browser being tested......lol

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 03:42 PM
    No way chrome has 63% of the browser market.
    02-09-14 04:20 PM

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    Ya ok lol maybe using puffin browser
    02-09-14 04:22 PM
    I can confirm you haven't even tried a bb10 device

Posted via CB10
    Takie likes this.
    02-09-14 04:28 PM
    I can confirm you haven't even tried a bb10 device

Posted via CB10
    i agree
    Takie likes this.
    02-09-14 04:52 PM
    Well I think 100 percent of BBOS5 users, which I was one, can attest it wasn't that browser being tested......lol

Posted via CB10
    Actually, I'm not so sure about that. This software measures response rate from the server side. So for legacy BB they could be measuring the response from the BIS infrastructure back to the service, not the actual end to end performance. That would explain why the numbers are so completely different from everything else. They could essentially be measuring just that first hop back to BIS, which I would expect to be very fast.

I'm trying to understand where they see "5.0" in the user agent. They can't be so stupid as to look at "Mozilla/5.0", right? Where else do you see 5.0 in the request from a BB10 browser?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    02-09-14 05:20 PM
    Sorry for the dup
    02-09-14 05:20 PM
    They most definitely loaded the full website on all devices and computers. Or else the results would be bs.

But I do have trouble believing Desktop browsers are slower than the BB10 browser.
    *cough* QNX *cough* Real-time OS *cough* *cough*
    Nharzhool likes this.
    02-09-14 05:47 PM
    I've tested the browser against my computer at work. The computer never wins. It's not so hard to believe if you try it.

Posted via CB10
    RAFA1 and sleepngbear like this.
    02-09-14 06:04 PM
    Actually, I'm not so sure about that. This software measures response rate from the server side. So for legacy BB they could be measuring the response from the BIS infrastructure back to the service, not the actual end to end performance. That would explain why the numbers are so completely different from everything else. They could essentially be measuring just that first hop back to BIS, which I would expect to be very fast.

I'm trying to understand where they see "5.0" in the user agent. They can't be so stupid as to look at "Mozilla/5.0", right? Where else do you see 5.0 in the request from a BB10 browser?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    This actually makes a lot of sense. Definitely seems that the results are extremely skewed. Real-world tests would seem to show results somewhat contrary to these (if it was actually BB10), plus the graphic doesn't even mention BB10 in any way.

The browser on these devices is quick at loading, it used to be roughly as fast as an iPhone 5 last year, although slightly slower than a Samsung Note 2. But compared to a desktop running Chrome or Safari, there is absolutely no competition.
    02-09-14 06:06 PM
77 123 ...