Mar 15th in Europe and I can't get a GIV in North America until MAY OR JUNE?!?!?!?!?! I AM OUTRAGED!!!!!

WHY DIDN'T SAMSUNG GET HANDSETS TO THE US CARRIERS EARLIER!?!?!?!?
    Because thats what happens when all US carrier are PUSHING iPhone!!!!
    Isn't Apple releasing anything between March and June?
    02-07-13 12:19 PM
    what happends when google stops making android and samsung is left to develop its own OS?

I think I read an article on it somewhere, but that could definitely kill samsung if they don't do it properly. Also, how it affects past phones with no OS update is another thing as well.
    If their proprietary OS is better, it won't hurt them a whit. If anything, it could push them further up the ladder, especially if they address the real security issues posed by Android.
    02-07-13 12:45 PM
    [Sarcasm][/sarcasm] Was the point of the post.
    02-07-13 12:46 PM
    So the only talk of this phone is the specs sad,sad,sad times what happened to user experience.

If these specs allowed me to install windows programs I would rate specs but when even now high end spec phones browser still loses to the z ,apps still open near the current smartphone level even slower why am I gonna pay top money to use facebook & play games on the same level as other smartphones :rotfl. ha they know how to sell recycled parts well for high price alright.

Hmm I guess we'll see.The Hardware game is dead the number of oems spamming droid phones will kill this market.Hardware game is dead its the technicial OS side of things to rule now. And back to crackberry forums.
    gp656 likes this.
    02-07-13 01:26 PM
    samsung is releasing a new phone? no way!!!

8 cores! its a must buy!
    02-07-13 01:27 PM
    So the only talk of this phone is the specs sad,sad,sad times what happened to user experience.

If these specs allowed me to install windows programs I would rate specs but when even now high end spec phones browser still loses to the z ,apps still open near the current smartphone level even slower why am I gonna pay top money to use facebook & play games on the same level as other smartphones :rotfl. ha they know how to sell recycled parts well for high price alright.

Hmm I guess we'll see.The Hardware game is dead the number of oems spamming droid phones will kill this market.Hardware game is dead its the technicial OS side of things to rule now. And back to crackberry forums.
    How would anyone be able to talk about user experience on this phone, its not released yet. I get the whole "its not about the specs thing". Thats what is said when your specs arnt comparable.No doubt this phone will sell well, as the whole line has.
    Saiga likes this.
    02-07-13 01:33 PM
    If the report is true, it isn't optimal news for BBRY, no matter how you cut it.

LOL... I remember when folks here proclaimed 4" screens as too big. Now it's just right, eh?

With HTC desperately needing a home run, it'll be an interesting Spring. Consumers win.
    The screen size is a personal choice....for me personally even the Z10 4.2" screen is too small. I have a Galaxy Note II at 5.5" and it's good. It could be a tiny bit smaller but I want a big screen. Eyes aren't getting better you know...

I think Blackberry should rather quickly come out with a 4.5"+ screen size phone if they want to tap into the trend of increasing screen size.

Apple is stupid and just doesn't seem to get it - lets hope Blackberry does.
    02-07-13 01:52 PM
    Yes the Sammy S4 is the Black cloud on BB's sales horizon. Another very good reason to get the Q10 out there with the Z10. Crackberry qwerty keyboard purists like myself dont want another all touch screen device. Phone Arena's poll show 65% of us still want physical keyboard devices.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    02-07-13 01:54 PM
    The screen size is a personal choice....for me personally even the Z10 4.2" screen is too small. I have a Galaxy Note II at 5.5" and it's good. It could be a tiny bit smaller but I want a big screen. Eyes aren't getting better you know...

I think Blackberry should rather quickly come out with a 4.5"+ screen size phone if they want to tap into the trend of increasing screen size.

I would rather have 8" screen,when i'm talking it would shielded me from the sun, or how about going back to 1970 and having one the size of a( nOT TO OFFEN ANYONY) ghetto blaster, you'll be the envy of all your friends lol
    02-07-13 02:01 PM
    I get the whole "its not about the specs thing". Thats what is said when your specs arnt comparable.
    Exactly, LOL.
    02-07-13 02:11 PM
    HTC m7 is coming out soon too. LG and Sony will not be behind either. This March is the next gen release window for all of them. BB will have to slot the Z10 to mid tier no matter what. It is RIMM fault for not being able to introduce the phone at least 6 months earlier. Their constant delay and shifting deadline are what get them in this.
    02-07-13 02:17 PM
    HTC m7 is coming out soon too. LG and Sony will not be behind either. This March is the next gen release window for all of them. BB will have to slot the Z10 to mid tier no matter what. It is RIMM fault for not being able to introduce the phone at least 6 months earlier. Their constant delay and shifting deadline are what get them in this.
    The Sony phone looks really cool, the video shows them pouring water on it. I will give this a look for sure
    02-07-13 02:21 PM
    I would rather have 8" screen,when i'm talking it would shielded me from the sun, or how about going back to 1970 and having one the size of a( nOT TO OFFEN ANYONY) ghetto blaster, you'll be the envy of all your friends lol
    Something like this perhaps?
    ddlax22 and Saiga like this.
    02-07-13 02:25 PM

Apple is stupid and doesn't get it? Is that stopping their phones from flying off the shelves now without it? Not everyone likes holding a book up to their face when they talk. I don't care about screen real estate, I don't want to look like an !@@ doing it! Just think. What if a company came out with the world's smallest cell phone, that projected everything on a wall or ceiling or whatever, in life like colors? Would that be the new trend? Someone is gonna like it!

02-07-13 04:58 PM

Apple is stupid and doesn't get it? Is that stopping their phones from flying off the shelves now without it? Not everyone likes holding a book up to their face when they talk. I don't care about screen real estate, I don't want to look like an !@@ doing it! Just think. What if a company came out with the world's smallest cell phone, that projected everything on a wall or ceiling or whatever, in life like colors? Would that be the new trend? Someone is gonna like it!

02-07-13 05:18 PM
    No doubt about it, I'm going to need a quad core wallet in 2013.
    Rickroller and BergerKing like this.
    02-07-13 10:36 PM
    Samsung boosted up the specs on their phone because that is the only new things they can offer.
    02-07-13 10:57 PM
    Samsung boosted up the specs on their phone because that is the only new things they can offer.
    Well, they've already got the most versatile base OS, with a UI overlay that millions love, not to mention some of the best add on features to Android of any handset maker. Stepping up to the next gen hardware is the logical step, and one which has sold progressively more units every year. Why would they mess with a recipe that clearly leads to success?
    02-07-13 11:56 PM
    Good old Crackberry faithful, always can be relied upon to bury their heads in the sand.

The OP wasn't asking if you found the GS3 'plasticky' or if big screens are 'an annoying fad'. Bottom line is, the Galaxy Series sell like crazy, like almost iPhone crazy. And one is likely gonna launch in March, before the Z10 goes on sale.
    Smart people will understand that BB has a SERIOUS problem with visibility if it's in direct competition against the GS4. Head to head, the Z10 will be given less carrier billing, less visible space, less advertisement, less media coverage. To imagine that the GS 4 will not significantly truncate Z10 sales is pure folly.
    This has never been solely about BB catering to their established userbase...this has been about BB attracting new customers. That will be pretty difficult in Q2 with the Galaxy sucking out all the oxygen in the room.

To make matters worse, MWC is in February. There will be loads of awesome new phones announced there from HTC, Sony, LG, Nokia and Motorola. People who say customers aren't drawn by specs are delusional...marketing terms like Super AMOLED, 'Quad Core' and of course a much higher megapixel count suck in millions of consumers. There's newer, more powerful silicon from Nvidia, Qualcomm and Samsung that will deliver very high benchmarks and very detailed gaming graphics. These will hurt Blackberry.

Go ask HTC how their One X was slaughtered at retail by the Galaxy S III last year.

Blackberry has much to fear and the only solution is to massively ramp up marketing and find a way to ensure the carriers commit to robust in-store promotion.
    02-08-13 12:51 AM
    Not going to say I know when it's coming out, because I don't but you guys should just note that BGR is NOTORIOUS for making **** up.

That doesn't mean they can't be right about this one but they constantly make up rumors just to get clicks.

Samsung will reportedly unveil Galaxy S IV this coming February for global launch in March | BGR

in September they claimed that the SIV would come out in March and be announced in February so.....
    I think it's extremely rude when you won't even bother to READ the OP first. If you had been arsed to read it, you'd see that BGR is merely quoting SamMobile who have often been right in their leaks. Every tech site quoting these guys will also report this date.

Here's a piece of advice: Never let beef cloud your power of analysis/comprehension.
    Blacklatino and JeepBB like this.
    02-08-13 12:54 AM
    Goddam this phone is gonna be an absolute beast!

Gorilla Glass 3 Could Dictate Galaxy S4 Release Date
    02-08-13 01:28 AM
    No. It's typically June or Fall. No offense mate, but I couldn't help noticing over several posts, that you are really badly informed about this stuff!
    02-08-13 06:37 AM
    That, along with what is imo already the best Multitasking available on any platform, along with some new cool features such as "Eye Scrolling" and "Eye Pause" which i'm guessing mean you really wouldn't need to touch your phone while scrolling thru a web page, or while watching a video..
    02-08-13 09:25 AM
    That, along with what is imo already the best Multitasking available on any platform, along with some new cool features such as "Eye Scrolling" and "Eye Pause" which i'm guessing mean you really wouldn't need to touch your phone while scrolling thru a web page, or while watching a video..
    Yea, but that stuff is just gimmicky crap...lol

(Sarcasm if you didn't notice)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-08-13 09:48 AM
    Well, they've already got the most versatile base OS, with a UI overlay that millions love, not to mention some of the best add on features to Android of any handset maker. Stepping up to the next gen hardware is the logical step, and one which has sold progressively more units every year. Why would they mess with a recipe that clearly leads to success?
    At this point in time, things will definitely be incremental. And the things they are adding seem to be feature people like.
    JeepBB and pantlesspenguin like this.
    02-08-13 09:57 AM
171 ... 34567