Sorry for posting another BGR article, but I'm concerned that the Samsung Galaxy IV announcement will hurt sales in the United States. What are Crackberry's thoughts?

Recent rumors have suggested that Samsung (005930) will announce its flagship Galaxy S IV smartphone at a press conference sometime in March. It was previously reported that the company would unveil the device on March 22nd but according to SamMobile, which has reported accurate details about unannounced Samsung products in the past, the handset will reportedly be announced on March 15th.

The Galaxy S IV is expected to launch in Europe and Asia in April and around May or June in North America and Australia. Samsung�s next flagship smartphone is said to be equipped with a 4.99-inch Super AMOLED full HD display, a 1.8GHz eight-core Exynos 5 Octa processor and a 13-megapixel rear camera. The device is also expected to include, 2GB of RAM, NFC, 4G LTE, a microSD slot, wireless charging capabilities and Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean.
    Source: Samsung Galaxy S IV release date rumored for May, June in U.S. | BGR
    02-06-13 05:51 PM
    That processor seems a little over the top.
    02-06-13 05:56 PM
    Don't care about the Galaxy S4, even after reading the Specs, I still don't care about it. I'm still going to get my Z10 in March. BlackBerry user and abuser till the end.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-06-13 05:58 PM
    Several of us here have been saying this since the US release window was announced. And a vocal part of Crackberry just thought we were jealous, whining, average Americans with a false sense of entitlement or something. Truth is, a lot of us are just worried that the momentum BlackBerry gained by having their launch event without having to share the spotlight, will be lost when the actual American release will have to share the spotlight with one of the most popular flagship phones in the US. Add to that the fact that Mobile World Congress will happen between now and then, and it's safe to say that the tech world won't be as easy to "sweep off its feet" come March.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating: Carrier Sales Reps in the US LOVE the Galaxy line. Gunna be hard to get them to talk up the Z10 to a customer with the Galaxy S IV coming a month later...
    kelexiong, aniym, lnichols and 4 others like this.
    02-06-13 06:02 PM
    and then ???
    Well, apparently the people who wrote that doesn't have a clue about the standard Big-little design by ARM where 4x A15 is coupled with 4x A7 cores for power and usage optimization. It will still be about 2~3 times faster compared to the MSM8960 in the Z10.
    Z10 stands no chance in the high end phone competition and may have to lower ASP to compete in the mid end market.
    and then ???
    16 cores and a mobile power generator.
    02-06-13 06:03 PM
    5" screen? Come on man, the screen of the S3 was too damn big, that device looked ridiculous as a phone (in my opinion)...now they're going even bigger
    3hb78ftg, dynot, DuexNoir and 5 others like this.
    02-06-13 06:05 PM
    5" screen? Come on man, the screen of the S3 was too damn big, that device looked ridiculous as a phone (in my opinion)...now they're going even bigger
    Pretty soon most manufacturers won't even make screens less than 5". It's a completely stupid trend, but it's a trend regardless...
    BergerKing and Rickroller like this.
    02-06-13 06:06 PM
    the 5 inch screen actually isnt going to increase the size of the device from what i have seen. bezels are getting smaller as the screen gets bigger. I love the idea of the screen size/resolution but i prefer nexus devices over the skinned sammy. No doubt this will appear to the gen pop just like the s3 though.

Bgr: Galaxy s iv unveiling reportedly set for march 15th-time-nice-samsung-galaxy-s4-concept-1.jpg
    02-06-13 06:12 PM
    the 5 inch screen actually isnt going to increase the size of the device from what i have seen. bezels are getting smaller as the screen gets bigger. I love the idea of the screen size/resolution but i prefer nexus devices over the skinned sammy. No doubt this will appear to the gen pop just like the s3 though.
    Problem with the Nexus device is the non-replaceable battery. I will not own a phone with a non-replaceable battery, I stopped stressing over battery life by always having an extra battery or two available. At least not until the next big advancement in battery technology makes it moot.
    02-06-13 06:18 PM
    Isn't the HTC M7 to launch in March also?
    02-06-13 06:19 PM
    Don't care about the Galaxy S4, even after reading the Specs, I still don't care about it. I'm still going to get my Z10 in March. BlackBerry user and abuser till the end.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    I'm gonna get it to, but with BB being out the picture for so long. and carriers like Sprint not carring the Z10. are gonna hurt sales.
    02-06-13 06:23 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Time-for-a-nice-Samsung-Galaxy-S4-concept-1.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	134362
    this image says 2.0 QUAD core, and bgr says 1.8 8 core... lol
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-06-13 06:26 PM
    Yeah its from another source
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-06-13 06:27 PM
    First off, I doubt this will release until at least May/June. The S3 is obnoxiously big and even if this stays the same size, I think the Z10 looks more appealing. Your average consumer won't really see the significance of a better cpu/gpu when buying the device. They might say "ohh more mp camera!" or something to that effect but it doesn't necessarily mean the lense will be better. The battery is fairly large but it'll need it.

I guess I shouldn't speak for everyone else or before seeing it, but I've never been a fan of the Galaxy line. From my testing the Z10 vs S3, the Z10 loads websites faster everytime (both on wifi). The screen on the Z10 also appears more natural with bright whites while the AMOLED+ has an ugly blue hue. The S3 feels plasticy and doesn't have an appealing design. That's not an end all be all of course and these are just my opinions.
    gp656 likes this.
    02-06-13 06:36 PM
    Lol, another person who have no idea about the A15 big-little arrangement. Freq range is tougher to nail but I think it would likely be 1.6 ~ 1.8Ghz range. Therefore, essentially both are saying about the same thing.
    02-06-13 06:48 PM
    Not going to say I know when it's coming out, because I don't but you guys should just note that BGR is NOTORIOUS for making **** up.

That doesn't mean they can't be right about this one but they constantly make up rumors just to get clicks.

Samsung will reportedly unveil Galaxy S IV this coming February for global launch in March | BGR

in September they claimed that the SIV would come out in March and be announced in February so.....
    barragan likes this.
    02-06-13 06:52 PM
    Thing is, we saw this unfold in the desktop computer market where the hardware outruns the software by a long shot and now it's happening in the mobile world. Samsung is pushing new hardware really well but at some point, when a dual core or whatever can run everything smoothly, the average consumer won't care about 2 or 4 gig of rams, dual core or quad core etc. Same thing goes for a screen, a 5" screen with 720p or 1080p = no difference seen by 95%+ of consumers. Every phone is able to do anything and the average consumer will just look at the experience rather than the "specs".
    kelexiong and BergerKing like this.
    02-06-13 06:59 PM
    That was one of the reasons why I dropped my SG3 for the Z10. I hated the size and felt like an ***** holding such a big phone. Not professional at all. Don't forget the enterprise market which is huge.
    02-06-13 07:03 PM
    Lol, another person who have no idea about the A15 big-little arrangement. Freq range is tougher to nail but I think it would likely be 1.6 ~ 1.8Ghz range. Therefore, essentially both are saying about the same thing.
    essentially the same thing is another way of saying that THEY do not know what THEY are talking about. if it is X processor then you cannot say it is Y processor.
    02-06-13 07:03 PM
    Exynos 5440 it is. Some interpret it as octa core, some knows that it will be max 4 operating cores + 4 cores clock gated in sleep.
    02-06-13 07:06 PM
    Specs are just specs. 2 core, 4 core, 8 core, who cares? From what we've seen, the z10 keeps up with the nexus 4. I don't know what these manufacturers are thinking. Whats most important now is the OS and user experience. I've had it with specs lol. Yes, there is a standard and the phone should be pleasant to use. Although, when every manufacturer has 4 gigs of ram, 20mp camera, and 16 core processor, the winner will be the one who has the best user experience.
    Cesare21 likes this.
    02-06-13 07:11 PM
    Mar 15th in Europe and I can't get a GIV in North America until MAY OR JUNE?!?!?!?!?! I AM OUTRAGED!!!!!

WHY DIDN'T SAMSUNG GET HANDSETS TO THE US CARRIERS EARLIER!?!?!?!?
    02-06-13 07:31 PM
    That is not going to be good.
    02-06-13 07:33 PM
171 123 ...