No traditional BlackBerry has the hub and can do the peek gesture. Keep in mind this is version 1.0. Certainly there will be apps and perhaps even changes to the OS to allow for those that want more traditional notifications along the top -- probably in the form of toasts I would think.

I like the current BB notifications. But then the idea of a clean interface and peeking or *not* based on the sound I hear -- I like that even better, in theory.
    Agreed. Honestly the biggest thing for me is the sounds. As long as I have them I could deal with anything else.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    01-31-13 03:11 PM
    Agreed. Honestly the biggest thing for me is the sounds. As long as I have them I could deal with anything else.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah unfortunately we lose some granularity in the notifications starting out from what I have read. But I certainly believe the sounds can be customized. On my phone now I have one for email, one for SMS and one for BBM. Easy to differentiate. I also have something for Facebook (which I do not really use a lot). I will grant that if one has a LOT of app notifications to truly rely on then sounds are tough.
    01-31-13 04:26 PM
    You do realize Google is dropping Exchange Active Sync don't you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Yes. BB10 will have to use IMAP then. I am sure Google will have their own Gmail app for BB10 like they now do for the iphone. And the Gmail iphone app is much better than the iOS email client.
    01-31-13 06:26 PM
78 ... 234